Luke Plange - signed for Palace & loaned back

Jram

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I’m very excited to be joining a big Premier League club," Plange told Palace TV.

"Obviously I’ll be with Derby fighting for them in the Championship. But I will be ready to go back to Crystal Palace in the summer and get ready to go.

"When I heard I was very excited about the news. I know Palace are a big club, a big Premier League club. I knew that it was a very good chance for me to take and to progress in my career."

Sound like an afterthought here as I feared.  Hate to be the bearer of bad news  but Palace aren't a big club either 

I agree Palace definitely aren’t a big club. Yes he’s come back to us for the remainder of the season but what’s playing for the Palace ‘stiffs’ next year going to do for his development?? Probs be loaned out again next season if he’s lucky, if he’s not he’ll more than likely go backwards. Such a shame when he could have learnt from one of the best for at least another full season. 

On 01/02/2022 at 15:11, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I’m very excited to be joining a big Premier League club," Plange told Palace TV.

"Obviously I’ll be with Derby fighting for them in the Championship. But I will be ready to go back to Crystal Palace in the summer and get ready to go.

"When I heard I was very excited about the news. I know Palace are a big club, a big Premier League club. I knew that it was a very good chance for me to take and to progress in my career."

Sound like an afterthought here as I feared.  Hate to be the bearer of bad news  but Palace aren't a big club either 

Palace have been in the PL for half of Plange's life. In that same period of time, Bielik has spent more time injured since joining us than we've been in the PL.

Palace have the 14th highest revenue in the country and have a social media following more than 3 times greater than us. They may not be historically big, but they are certainly an established PL side.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Palace have been in the PL for half of Plange's life. In that same period of time, Bielik has spent more time injured since joining us than we've been in the PL.

Palace have the 14th highest revenue in the country and have a social media following more than 3 times greater than us. They may not be historically big, but they are certainly an established PL side.

I'll take that as agreement then.  Palace aren't a big club. 

• 1 month later...

I dont think he is doing too bad, never was a £1m player in the first place, we just managed to cash in whilst he was playing well.

He is a young lad learning his trade, he does show some decent touches to be fair but he is always going to struggle to hold it up vs bigger, stronger & more experienced centre halves.

On 03/04/2022 at 01:24, Coconut's Beard said:

Lacks the support and a play-style to suit his game.

But damn him for not playing like an experienced, physical, route one hold-up style no 9  at 19 years of age all the same.

Wish he was more like Calum Ball or Connor Wickham.

Hopefully doesn't descend to the levels that Ball has, last heard he was knocking around the pub leagues. Only 29, should be a striker in his peak. Sad what injuries can do to a promising player.

23 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Hopefully doesn't descend to the levels that Ball has, last heard he was knocking around the pub leagues. Only 29, should be a striker in his peak. Sad what injuries can do to a promising player.

Surprised Nige never went back in for him. Definitely a player he rated. Maybe lacklustre loans changed his mind or the money he had available at the Blades made him look higher up.