Luke Plange - signed for Palace & loaned back

Jram

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't think that's the case, what do you think @Ghost of Clough?

Stretton is a goal machine. One of the best poachers I've seen at youth level. He seemed to take that instinct with him to Stockport. 

He'll do the pressing and run the channels which Plange does very well, but lacks the overall link up play that Plange is excellent at.

Unfortunately we’re over a barrel. We had to do it. Doing that has meant keeping Lawrence and we’ve kept Plange for the season. So Rooney hasn’t lied, he hasn’t been made to look stupid because no player is leaving this window, that’s what he said and no player has left. 

Saying we didn’t have him until last summer signed while still in Embargo and we’ve managed to get £1m, it’s still good business in our Situation. Yes if we could keep him for a couple of seasons then we’d get 10x that for him but keeping the club going is all that matters right now.

Isnt Plange a London lad as well, might be right move for him personally, however I think professionally it’s a bad move, Palace splash cash there’s players ahead of him in pecking order other than Zaha what youngsters have really flourished there. He’ll have about 4 loans at least in the next couple of years, it might work out for him then but no guarantees 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Stretton is a goal machine. One of the best poachers I've seen at youth level. He seemed to take that instinct with him to Stockport. 

He'll do the pressing and run the channels which Plange does very well, but lacks the overall link up play that Plange is excellent at.

Hoping we get to see the Jack goal-machine tbh. Whilst Plange looks decent it baulks making other teams players better - which Rooney is already doing with Plange. Still we get to benefit to the tune of £1m (hopefully). Maybe when we're out of all this we'll benefit even more financially from some astute transfer dealing. I reckon there's plenty of young talent out there for us to attract.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hoping we get to see the Jack goal-machine tbh. Whilst Plange looks decent it baulks making other teams players better - which Rooney is already doing with Plange. Still we get to benefit to the tune of £1m (hopefully). Maybe when we're out of all this we'll benefit even more financially from some astute transfer dealing. I reckon there's plenty of young talent out there for us to attract.

Raises a good point: 1 million, loan back plus a sell on clause?

2 hours ago, Jortat said:

£1 million will pay the administrators costs for a few weeks I guess.

I am so sick of getting terrible news every day .

Its dragging me down ,every time some thing positive like the end to yesterdays finish to the match, right after it there’s news like a very good young striker leaving for peanuts.

I know what position we are in but it doesn’t make it any easier.

Absolutely right.. 

The fee for Luke Plange will probably pay the administrators for a month. 

Assuming they get paid a penny after the 90 day target turnaround they had everyone believing would be possible.

I honestly don't know why we've accepted this bid unless Plange has said he's definitely not extending his contract with us past its end date. Selling players like this for a million pounds now for a bit of extra cash is tying our hands for next season when we'll be under a strict plan for our transfer dealings. It's horrible seeing our squad stripped bare and being left with the skeleton of a functioning team.

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

Agree Stretton has not shown much when played - looks too slow in anticipating chances in the box, too small as a lone striker and not that pacy. 

Rubbish. You haven’t seen enough. He’s lightening quick. Far quicker than Plange. He’s an instinctive finisher and much more a goalscorer than I see Plange as.

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Agree with that. I’ve been singing Planges praises all season but I think he’ll end up more of an inside left or a 10 whereas Stretton is an out and out goalscorer.

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

That article is a bit all over the place but is it suggesting we could potentially have him this season and next?

Yes but if palace sign him he cannot be on a wage higher than he currently is or he cannot be loaned back....... Not really much of a incentive for the kid

Edited by Rambalin

9 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Shock horror the EFL insert a catch into proposed deal

Meanwhile at a club with a 70 million wage bill and an average 8 k attendance

Bournemouth have been busy, having already confirmed the deadline day loan signings of Liverpool defender Nat Phillips and Newcastle United goalkeeper Freddie Woodman, with business expected to continue throughout the evening with Kieffer Moore, Todd Cantwell and Siriki Dembele all reportedly joining the Championship's third-placed side.

I wonder if Wayne is still having a relaxed evening?

"Rams boss Wayne Rooney confirmed Plange is attracting interest from Premier League clubs but said: "No players, 100%, will be leaving. That I can guarantee you. So at least I can have a nice relaxed evening tomorrow [Monday] and watch it all unfold."

35 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I honestly don't know why we've accepted this bid unless Plange has said he's definitely not extending his contract with us past its end date. Selling players like this for a million pounds now for a bit of extra cash is tying our hands for next season when we'll be under a strict plan for our transfer dealings. It's horrible seeing our squad stripped bare and being left with the skeleton of a functioning team.

Option for loan next season too according to reports

45 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Absolutely right.. 

The fee for Luke Plange will probably pay the administrators for a month. 

Assuming they get paid a penny after the 90 day target turnaround they had everyone believing would be possible.

They'll not be taking it until we're sold.

It keeps the Club funded.

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bournemouth have been busy, having already confirmed the deadline day loan signings of Liverpool defender Nat Phillips and Newcastle United goalkeeper Freddie Woodman, with business expected to continue throughout the evening with Kieffer Moore, Todd Cantwell and Siriki Dembele all reportedly joining the Championship's third-placed side.

Hope they stay within FFP or the Gibbon might come calling ?

23 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Yes but if palace sign him he cannot be on a wage higher than he currently is or he cannot be loaned back....... Not really much of a incentive for the kid

If we currently pay him 2k and Palace offer him 8k a week it just means Palace would have to cover 6k of his wages so plenty of incentive for him.

Also, I see no issue with the EFL saying the wage cannot increase, makes complete sense.

Rooney said no player will leave, Plange will still be with us so Rooney is right still.

This extra £1m will almost see us through March now which is a bonus.

Edited by DCFC1388

22 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Ambition benefits vs our ambition tax, football is ruined 

Edited by deano180
Spelling