Luke Plange - signed for Palace & loaned back

Jram

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The word is the EFL have agreed to let that happen.

I can't see that if we're under an embargo.  Christ, they wouldn't let us resign a player we spent 4 million quid on outside of admin and stopped us resigning Jagielka.

Been offered a million - that covers them till March.  Someone else will be off before midnight if this goes through.  

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If he's a free agent in the summer, then getting £1 million and a loan back is surely brilliant business? If Premier League clubs want him, they'll take him in the summer (for nothing) anyway, even if we're not embargoed then.

I think he'd be eligible for compo if we (could) offer him a contract. it still wouldn't be as much as £1m, but it would be something.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If he's a free agent in the summer, then getting £1 million and a loan back is surely brilliant business? If Premier League clubs want him, they'll take him in the summer (for nothing) anyway, even if we're not embargoed then.

Could say the same about all our players buy them and loan them back if that was the case Lawrence would be gone already. 

The goal he scored against Birmingham, exactly the same finish we saw Lawrence do earlier this season! He's only going to get better, would be a small disaster if we lose him. Say everything works out for us in the end, but we still get relegated. I think he would be a beast in league one and that 20 goal a season striker. First name on the team sheet and wouldn't be on a ridiculous wage. He's the future of Derby.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am sure I said a quote on this forum from Rooney saying that 100% guaranteed no one will be sold this transfer window or am I imagining it?

Think the quote was that nobody would leave.

Is he technically "not leaving" if we are allowed to loan him straight back?

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Exactly. You can't argue with the logic of this

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think he'd be eligible for compo if we (could) offer him a contract. it still wouldn't be as much as £1m, but it would be something.

Be one year of training expenses, wouldn't it?

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Or we get new owners before then and secure everyone on fat new contracts.

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

The goal he scored against Birmingham, exactly the same finish we saw Lawrence do earlier this season! He's only going to get better, would be a small disaster if we lose him. Say everything works out for us in the end, but we still get relegated. I think he would be a beast in league one and that 20 goal a season striker. First name on the team sheet and wouldn't be on a ridiculous wage. He's the future of Derby.

Unfortunately it looks like he's too good for us when Prem teams come in for our youngsters.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Could say the same about all our players buy them and loan them back if that was the case Lawrence would be gone already. 

If you think it's possible for us to sell Lawrence and loan him back, you're either mad or you should have been in charge of the Brexit negotiations.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7