Boro (A) Tickets

Day

As much as boycotting it could send a message....don't

Sell the away end out, travel up even if you don't have a ticket, make your presence known before, during and after the game.

If, by some miracle, we have a club by that fixture, celebrate it and make sure Middlesbrough, the place and club, never forget the day Derby rocked up to town.

Suspect it may all boil over at Boro away. Large nos of fans without tickets + large numbers of police + provocation = trouble. Derby fans need to use their heads. Suspect police will remove fans from “private property” of the ground if they’ve no ticket. Needs to be organised, noisy, disruptive but peaceful. 

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Suspect it may all boil over at Boro away. Large nos of fans without tickets + large numbers of police + provocation = trouble. Derby fans need to use their heads. Suspect police will remove fans from “private property” of the ground if they’ve no ticket. Needs to be organised, noisy, disruptive but peaceful. 

True.

As much as I wouldn't mind if the Derby fans absolutely wrecked the place, now is not the time for that. Any excuse for the media to run a negative campaign against us they will jump on it and the minute we lose sympathy our fight weakens.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

True.

As much as I wouldn't mind if the Derby fans absolutely wrecked the place, now is not the time for that. Any excuse for the media to run a negative campaign against us they will jump on it and the minute we lose sympathy our fight weakens.

Totally. 

Anyone travelling to this is, in my opinion, naive if they think this won't turn nasty. Whether those fans have tickets or not. 

I can't see the concourses and away seats being left as they were found. 

I expect a really heavy police presence with people needing to show tickets to get near the ground. Hopefully they don't restrict ticket numbers. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Anyone travelling to this is, in my opinion, naive if they think this won't turn nasty. Whether those fans have tickets or not. 

I expect a really heavy police presence with people needing to show tickets to get near the ground. Hopefully they don't restrict ticket numbers. 

That is my fear. Any issues could potentially lead to the club receiving a large fine that is really not helpful to our cause. 

16 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I don't think it will.

Hopefully by then we've funding in place and proceedings are going forward to sort out the 'claims'.

(But I could be wrong about the lack of aggro.)

Edited by RoyMac5

17 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

If they've any sense, the police will be looking to stop fans who don't have tickets from travelling, checking them at the station, motorway services etc. If they're not already aware of the potential for trouble, they're not doing their jobs. They've got years of experience of this - I can't imagine they'll be relaxed about it at all.

7 minutes ago, Norman said:

This is 100% gonna get nasty, and Boro fans will be involved......but dcfc fans protest turns nasty will be the headline

Edited by BriggRam

Would there be a way to reach out to Boro fans to get them onside, at least some of them? I would hate it if our owner was acting like their owner is. I would also be pretty worried how it just seems like a desperate attempt to plug a huge whole in the club's finances. Fans need to stick together against these moneied villians ruining our game.

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Would there be a way to reach out to Boro fans to get them onside, at least some of them? I would hate it if our owner was acting like their owner is. I would also be pretty worried how it just seems like a desperate attempt to plug a huge whole in the club's finances. Fans need to stick together against these moneied villians ruining our game.

No chance.......the majority of them don't give a duck about us

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Absolutely. Invite Boro fans to a joint demo outside the ground. United show of strength; peaceful, united but both of the same view that football must be the winner. Suitable banner showing comradeship against the pin-striped thieves. 

Edited by Ellafella