Boro (A) Tickets

Day

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Would there be a way to reach out to Boro fans to get them onside, at least some of them? I would hate it if our owner was acting like their owner is. I would also be pretty worried how it just seems like a desperate attempt to plug a huge whole in the club's finances. Fans need to stick together against these moneied villians ruining our game.

Most of them just think it is noble Gibson enforcing the rules of the league.

Not sure it’s yet dawned on them that that isn’t his job but I’m sure they’ll catch up eventually

12 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Just to note, any destruction of the stadium - seats, concourses, etc - will have to be paid for DCFC, so maybe just leave any protest to the verbal kind!

This is a must.

We are gaining tremendous amount of support for our case, if our fans go up to Middlesbrough and vandalise the stadium in any way, or turn things violent, it would not be a great look for us at all.

Let only your voices be heard.

44 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

True.

As much as I wouldn't mind if the Derby fans absolutely wrecked the place, now is not the time for that. Any excuse for the media to run a negative campaign against us they will jump on it and the minute we lose sympathy our fight weakens.

It just feels that sympathies have shifted towards us but trouble and damage will do our case no good at all. We need support and passion but also calm heads. Not easy I appreciate....

Can we reach out to Boro forum? An open letter signed by us all stating “join us in peaceful protest”. Needs leadership from us - that’s all. No blame just united against EFL and pin-striped greed. Like the First World War trenches game truce on Christmas Day? 

20 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Can we reach out to Boro forum? An open letter signed by us all stating “join us in peaceful protest”. Needs leadership from us - that’s all. No blame just united against EFL and pin-striped greed. Like the First World War trenches game truce on Christmas Day? 

Based on what I've seen so far I don't think they care. Most of them are obviously too young to remember Boro nearly going bust in '86.

I would love to go to this game, I need the ground, was planning driving up Friday attending one our work sites, meet and work with staff instead of just via telephone or email. 

Going to the game Including ticket, travel, over night stop, food and drinks would be about £150. 

Cancelling my Sky sports and BT sports saves me £40-£50 per month until end of season.

Thats enough to buy a half season ticket without any additional outlay and buy Derby merchandise.

I would rather spend my money on our football club than put into Gibson bank account.

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I’m on the end row next to the home fans, do they allow shields.

So are we!

There's usually a decent gap as their stadium isn't ordinarily very full. Expect they'll be there in force for this one though. As would we, if boot was on other foot. We'd suck it all up and be really anti-Derby. 

Sorry, but it's true.

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

So are we!

There's usually a decent gap as their stadium isn't ordinarily very full. Expect they'll be there in force for this one though. As would we, if boot was on other foot. We'd suck it all up and be really anti-Derby. 

Sorry, but it's true.

Quite true. and i thought they would limit our numbers but if we sell out only florest had more that i can see at 2141

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

So are we!

Sorry, but it's true.

During the game perhaps ...but it's remarkable how people can be influenced outside of the game environment; th epoweer of crowd psychology and a "plan" that appeals to folk's better nature.  

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Anyone travelling to this is, in my opinion, naive if they think this won't turn nasty. Whether those fans have tickets or not. 

I can't see the concourses and away seats being left as they were found. 

I expect a really heavy police presence with people needing to show tickets to get near the ground. Hopefully they don't restrict ticket numbers. 

I think the only way that won’t be the case is if we win.

35 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Based on what I've seen so far I don't think they care. Most of them are obviously too young to remember Boro nearly going bust in '86.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, however forlorn they may appear at the outset. @David- can you reach out to your Boro Numero Uno Forum Top Brass and suggest there's a huge football issue here.  Historic links between us - Steve Bloomer (it's his birthday today!), Sir Brian Clough and Steve McClaren, Malcolm Christie, Chris Riggott....Fans need to stand together. The DET published Radio Derby quotes from some Boro fans saying their owner should back off - there's bigger things at stake. 

To quote Hancock "What about Magna Carta? Did she die in vain??!!" ?

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Anyone travelling to this is, in my opinion, naive if they think this won't turn nasty. Whether those fans have tickets or not. 

I can't see the concourses and away seats being left as they were found. 

I expect a really heavy police presence with people needing to show tickets to get near the ground. Hopefully they don't restrict ticket numbers. 

Anyone going to this match with a view to wrecking the place should take a look at themselves. We all suspect the EFL have it for us and this would just fuel the fire and give them something else to drive a nail in our coffin. Also, if we do have a new owner, his first payout would be a massive fine. Welcome to Derby