Incomings/outgoings and re-signings

ThePrisoner

On 14/01/2022 at 06:39, NottsRam77 said:

This is exactly what i dont get 

ok his deal finishes Monday……. So as of Saturday hes still our player, contracted and everything . I dont get it 

The  gamble worked. 
Stearman stepped up, Jagielka has gone to a club we've already played twice, and gets to keep Hull in the mix tomorrow.

Yes I wanted to keep him, but in reality he's gone to the riht club at the right time.
Agent Phil -  you know your job.

Just now waiting to see where agent Shinnie  will be deployed, either in the current war, or as a sleeper in League 1 in case needed next year.

1 hour ago, DCFC Kicks said:

If it means they have to pay a few £m in compensation I'd take it. It could keep the club alive. 

Strangely this isn't something I have any concern about.

He's done a fine job but if (big if) Everton came in then it's a few million in the bank and Wassall is already on our payroll.

Edited by MK-Ram

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

If it means they have to pay a few £m in compensation I'd take it. It could keep the club alive. 

'If' Benitez gets sacked and 'if' they want Rooney, two words – Frank and Lampard. 

The Everton job will be available again in a few months time!

Look at savings as income an reduce amount to be raised accordingly. Jags, Marshall, Baldock and Shinnie brings that down about £500k, probably greater than his fee if someone just takes over his contract. 

Lawrence may only get us a nominal fee but could move £600k+ off the wage bill.

Bielik and Jozwiak installments are frozen I believe. Good as Arsenal especially may well have been getting Buchanan/Bird for free to cover the debt.

Loaning Jozwiak would be the best option - get him in the shop window in Germany or somewhere and we could yet still make a profit. Better stalling than losing a player and still owing for him. 

I assume though with Bielik and Joz other teams could just take over their contracts, outstanding fees and all, Poznan might even be interested in repossessing Joz.

Rooney, compensation would be decent I reckon, Mel would have at least written that into his contract. A few million plus it takes another few hundred thousand off the salaries.

Today was amazing and would love to continue to dream but we will likely get to a point where surviving is more important than surviving

are you saying Everton should get Lampard or Derby get Lampard if Rooney leaves? I don't think Lampard would come back if we're in L1.

No, he’s saying that employing previous players as managers because they have one decent season isn’t always a great idea. Hence, Everton could appoint Wayne and then find themselves looking for another Manager before too long, just like Chelsea and Lampard.

are you saying Everton should get Lampard or Derby get Lampard if Rooney leaves? I don't think Lampard would come back if we're in L1.

No I don’t want Frank back ?

I meant he should learn a lesson from what happened to Frank when he went back to the club where he was a legend when he wasn’t ready for it.

Better to stay and learn his trade ?

Just now, Ramrob said:

No I don’t want Frank back ?

I meant he should learn a lesson from what happened to Frank when he went back to the club where he was a legend when he wasn’t ready for it.

Better to stay and learn his trade ?

If finances don’t dictate things that is.

Nixon article mostly discussing Ashley trying to resolve Boro issue but it also mentions that we may lose Curtis who has an exit clause.

My friend, who used to work for Hull City, says there's a lot of talk up there about the Tigers re-signing him.

I'd be gutted.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17339503/mike-ashley-middlesbrough-compensation-Derby-takeover/

Sounds like some tabloid drama to spice up the “bit in the paper” from Nixon.

I don’t doubt that the vultures are circling and looking for a bargain, but of all the players we have remaining I think Curtis is the most loyal and one to have really shown his passion for the club in recent years. If he is looking for a last contract of his career he is free to find a club in the summer, I think he’s here for the fight.

1 minute ago, roboto said:

Sounds like some tabloid drama to spice up the “bit in the paper” from Nixon.

I don’t doubt that the vultures are circling and looking for a bargain, but of all the players we have remaining I think Curtis is the most loyal and one to have really shown his passion for the club in recent years. If he is looking for a last contract of his career he is free to find a club in the summer, I think he’s here for the fight.

The problem is, it will probably come down to the admins saying we need the cash and he'll have to go if there's an offer. Loyalty does nothing if there's no club left to be loyal to.