Incomings/outgoings and re-signings

ThePrisoner

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

So now we are waiting for a last minute “Angel” loan to appear. The problem is-it more debt that has to be paid back with interest. I know we always tend to over-rate our own players but are you telling me Bird, Knight and Sibley are not worth £3 million each?

We are not going to get that though at this point in time - anyway no point worrying about the money side of it as we are currently paying out huge sums to people who should know what they are doing.

4 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

So now we are waiting for a last minute “Angel” loan to appear. The problem is-it more debt that has to be paid back with interest. I know we always tend to over-rate our own players but are you telling me Bird, Knight and Sibley are not worth £3 million each?

I imagine that as he is involved in the Appleby bid that if the money comes from him itl mean either 

1. They are announced PB
2. If someone else is named PB they pay them back.

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

How much cash do you seriously believe clubs will offer, they (think they) know we're desperate? 

But anyway Admin have said that player sales will devalue the Club and then bidders will no doubt offer less. Plus if those three help keep us up...

Oh and no Sibley is only worth £450k according to Millwall!

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

I think the argument is that because of the desperate financial situation and apparent 'ticking clock of doom' that other clubs will offer a fraction of the real value. If we were in a strong financial position then we could laugh at these offers but even in our current situation they would make no practical difference to our financial situation as regards getting to the end of the season so are just not a solution and in fact further undermine the value of the club because without a ground all our asset value is in these players. Honestly I think the total offers for our entire playing squad probably wouldn't get close to tiding us over until the end of the season (plus also teh obvious disadvantage of not actually having any players to complete fixtures...)

Without wishing to big up our friends down the A52 I often find myself asking 'What would Forest want for this guy' and the answer is usually a hell of a lot more than we generally sell them for whereas Forest always seem to be pocketing several millions for similar quality of player. I genuinely don't know why that is. The profile of Bird, Knight etc - excellent young players with loads of league experience and in Knights case international caps and common sense says surely (I dunno) £8-10m to a Prem team. People will be trying to sign him for £4.50, a steak bake and a boiled sweet that they found under the seat.

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Exactly. It’s just more debt that’s being accrued. 

9 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Exactly. It’s just more debt that’s being accrued. 

I see we are linked with Tom Lawrence today, can’t believe it’s true as he’s massively earning more than our maximum which is reported to be about 10K a week.

1 minute ago, Bobby said:

I see we are linked with Tom Lawrence today, can’t believe it’s true as he’s massively earning more than our maximum which is reported to be about 10K a week.

You've done brilliantly to be where you are if your highest earners are on 10k a week. Ironically, QPR at the minute remind me of Derby in 2013/14. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Depends on what he’s willing to accept I suppose. 10k for a longer term contract might be acceptable to him 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

In a buyer's market, not a chance.

With the clock running down, unless there is more than one club interested (in which case you effectively have an auction), they are worth a pittance, because in 2 weeks time, they would be available for actually nothing.

18 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Sorry but there is no way either Andre Grey or Charlie Austin are on less than 10k a week. 

Not sure about Grey, Watford are probably paying some of it as he’s a loan but Charlie definitely is, he stated at the time it was all about “coming home” and giving a bit back,he and Johansen are our top earners.

20 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

So I was speaking to someone at the Matlock game Tuesday, who seemed certain Jordan Brown has signed for a league 2 club? Anyone able to confirm?

Reece Hutchinson has already left for Cheltenham which seems to have gone under the radar too.

I'd be surprised if JBrown has gone given our lack of depth. We only have Davies, Stearman, Forsyth, Cashin, Buchanan and Williams to cover the CB and LB positions.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We are not going to get that though at this point in time - anyway no point worrying about the money side of it as we will be paying out huge sums to people who should know what they are doing.

FIFY

Not taken any payments so far according to BAWT press release

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Shame as he'd have been the long term replacement for Fozzie.

But, how can we deny a chance to a youngster for going to a prem club irrespective of the position we are in.

The big issue is not getting the kids onto professional contracts so get proper fees, have to get funding sorted ASAP.