Incomings/outgoings and re-signings

ThePrisoner

9 hours ago, Jortat said:

It helps us out not letting Hull get to far away from the bottom as we drive up the league ?

we're heading north on the M1 right now, just beyond Barnsley. I think then we'll head back south, down the A1 and pass Peterborough probably at high speed, Wayne might be in danger of a ticket. After that, well we'll see. It might be the A15 back up to Hull - depends on the traffic. Or maybe we go down to the M25, take the M4 West  (I guess we'll take a detour round Reading and obviously give Bristol a wide berth) and fly past Cardiff towards the valleys. Bit of a party in the Mumbles, then turn round, onto the M5, and take the long drive back up to the North East and do wheelies on Mr Gibson's large lawn

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

if MM steps up to the plate and ensures no further sales, then injuries are our main concern

Why on earth do you think the man who put us in this mess will step forward and save us, given he's had ample opportunities to do so and had failed to deliver? 

Honestly, I'd love to know what invokes such faith?

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

it's a fair question. I'm in a minority on this I know but I think MM WILL step in to avoid a liquidation and I think he MAY step in if the admins tell him it's necessary to facilitate a sale  

I hope you're right.

But if he's following events at all, he won't need anyone to tell him - it's obvious we need financial help - and soon.

59 minutes ago, Rev said:

Why on earth do you think the man who put us in this mess will step forward and save us, given he's had ample opportunities to do so and had failed to deliver? 

Honestly, I'd love to know what invokes such faith?

happy to explain and you should feel free to call me a naive fool

MM was in the position where he was haemorrhaging cash into the bottomless pit of our beloved club, as he funded us through covid and as the efl allowed Gibson and his cronies to spin out resolution of FFP. (MM must share some blame for this of course.) So he was at the end of his tether as his nemesis, Gibbo, literally forced him to sign a cheque every month for £2m (or whatever) with no end in sight.  He had a sale in prospect in June/July and it fell away, most likely because of the FFP issues (and it was a hugely difficult time to sell a club). He was being driven mad because Gibbo had him over a barrel, so he came to think: this has to stop. He told this to MSD and then Q were consulted    Q advised MM and MSD that administration was the best route to reach a timely deal with EFL (because relations between MM and EFL were so poor) and would ultimately be the best for the club because it would enable a sale.   So MM's decision to put us in admin was not made because he simply decided to walk away into the sunset and leave us to the jackals; it was made mostly to 1 stem the cash burn and 2 get the club sold. I know this decision has major consequences for unsecured creditors and the taxman - they have to take a haircut - but it was an understandable one - even for a fan -  given how much he had invested. 

I was catatonic when we went into admin, I couldn't believe he had done it. But having listened to him and Q talking about it, I now sort of get it. And it may yet prove to have been a good decision, especially if Uncle Mike takes the reins and if Wayne keeps showering us with gifts on the pitch. We will see.

So that's the background. MM will now be biding his time. He will understand that his legacy is in tatters but that, if the next phase goes well, some of that will be clawed back, especially if he is seen to assist. Consistent with this, Q tell us he and they are 'aligned' 

So if the admins say to him: MSD are max-ed out, you are the only person who can keep this ship afloat, I think there is a decent chance that he will put his hands into his deep pockets one last time   

Edited by kevinhectoring

46 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

MM was in the position where he was haemorrhaging cash into the bottomless pit of our beloved club, as he funded us through covid and as the efl allowed Gibson and his cronies to spin out resolution of FFP. (MM must share some blame for this of course.) So he was at the end of his tether as his nemesis, Gibbo, literally forced him to sign a cheque every month for £2m (or whatever) with no end in sight.  He had a sale in prospect in June/July and it fell away, most likely because of the FFP issues (and it was a hugely difficult time to sell a club). He was being driven mad because Gibbo had him over a barrel, so he came to think: this has to stop. He told this to MSD and then Q were consulted    Q advised MM and MSD that administration was the best route to reach a timely deal with EFL (because relations between MM and EFL were so poor) and would ultimately be the best for the club because it would enable a sale.   So MM's decision to put us in admin was not made because he simply decided to walk away into the sunset and leave us to the jackals; it was made mostly to 1 stem the cash burn and 2 get the club sold. I know this decision has major consequences for unsecured creditors and the taxman - they have to take a haircut - but it was an understandable one - even for a fan -  given how much he had invested. 

I was catatonic when we went into admin, I couldn't believe he had done it. But having listened to him and Q talking about it, I now sort of get it. And it may yet prove to have been a good decision, especially if Uncle Mike takes the reins and if Wayne keeps showering us with gifts on the pitch. We will see.

So that's the background. MM will now be biding his time. He will understand that his legacy is in tatters but that, if the next phase goes well, some of that will be clawed back, especially if he is seen to assist. Consistent with this, Q tell us he and they are 'aligned' 

So if the admins say to him: MSD are max-ed out, you are the only person who can keep this ship afloat, I think there is a decent chance that he will put his hands into his deep pockets one last time   

I really hope he will. Will he? only time will tell..

41 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

e50e8b3a37c33303de88248aef8020e2.gif

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well if he did this, and I was a creditor, one with significant say of matters, such  as HMRC, then I’d be mighty annoyed if the administration team were talking about a restructuring plan (peanuts in the pound for creditors) while at the same time the former owner was again pouring money into the club. Surely there are rules against that kind of thing?

14 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Well if he did this, and I was a creditor, one with significant say of matters, such  as HMRC, then I’d be mighty annoyed if the administration team were talking about a restructuring plan (peanuts in the pound for creditors) while at the same time the former owner was again pouring money into the club. Surely there are rules against that kind of thing?

I think HMRC will have checked that MM will not take any of his historic investment out on a sale - otherwise why would they compromise ? But I think they will be less concerned  if he puts some some sort of bridge financing in place to keep us afloat.  If he agrees to defease the 2 claims I certainly don’t think HMRC will be concerned, I think they’d support it. 
I think we’re all just hoping it’s not Jason Knight who provides that funding 

Edited by kevinhectoring

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I've wanted to voice this for some time but not smart enough to articulate it. Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think HMRC will have checked that MM will not take any of his historic investment out on a sale - otherwise why would they compromise ? But I think they will be less concerned  if he puts some some sort of bridge financing in place to keep us afloat.  
I think we’re all hoping it’s not Jason Knight who provides that funding 

An right, appreciate the response from someone more clued up on these things than myself

Mel's decisions led us here, and the one to put the club in administration was because Mel didn't want to fund us any more.

I'll never be able to regard it as anything other than an act of cowardice and fleeing responsibility from the bin fire he turned the club into.

However, for all that, I don't think he's actually trying to be unhelpful at present and the deal to get pride park back is more or less do it without it further costing Mel millions more. He's basically an unhelpful neutrality.

He basically won't give DCFC any more money but isn't expecting any money either.

Mel's not going to save us. Not actively making things worse is all we're going to get. Which considering he's the root cause of all this, is very annoying.