Incomings/outgoings and re-signings

ThePrisoner

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not surprised to see Baldock leave. Worked hard for us and made a bit of an impact so can only thank him for that.

With CKR, Plange and Stretton, I think Baldock isn't really needed. On top of that, Lawrence has played down the middle this season and wouldn't surprise me if he was ahead of Baldock for that position too.

agree. sam was only really a stop gap option while ckr was injured. 1 goal for us doesnt sound great but it was the winner against hull. who knows how vital those 3 pts will be at the end of the season. could be the difference in us staying up

Priority is a mobile striker able to lead the line, actually two strikers would be great but I don’t think we’ll have budget for that.

Then I’m assuming we need a GK for third choice as it’s required, after that a younger mobile CB and another winger are bonuses!

One thing I like is the quality we have in midfield. Bird, Knight, Shinnie, Thompson fighting for three spots with Beilik to build his way back to fitness!

Edited by Ramarena

29 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Priority is a mobile striker able to lead the line, actually two strikers would be great but I don’t think we’ll have budget for that.

Then I’m assuming we need a GK for third choice as it’s required, after that a younger mobile CB and another winger are bonuses!

One thing I like is the quality we have in midfield. Bird, Knight, Shinnie, Thompson fighting for three spots with Beilik to build his way back to fitness!

GK will be in whenever. No rush

With Kazim, Plange, Stretton and Lawrence as options at CF, I doubt we'll be in for another.

Jagielka, Davies, Stearman and Cashin are good enough at CB. A "younger mobile CB" will wait until the summer.

A winger is the priority. We're limited to Jozwiak, Ebosele, Knight and Lawrence as options. One is our starting AM, another is our cover at RB, and another fills in anywhere across that midfield 5

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With Kazim, Plange, Stretton and Lawrence as options at CF, I doubt we'll be in for another.

Jagielka, Davies, Stearman and Cashin are good enough at CB. A "younger mobile CB" will wait until the summer.

A winger is the priority. We're limited to Jozwiak, Ebosele, Knight and Lawrence as options. One is our starting AM, another is our cover at RB, and another fills in anywhere across that midfield 5

A rush GK would be great to see.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Let’s face it, Kazim is a bit of a donkey and without two crass goalkeeping errors would not have looked like scoring.

Stretton has just come back from injury and whilst talented is unreliable and Lawrence is a number 10, looking to get the ball deep.

Plange is our best option and at least gets in the right areas but we’re crying out for a consistent goal scorer.

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Let’s face it, Kazim is a bit of a donkey and without two crass goalkeeping errors would not have looked like scoring.

Stretton has just come back from injury and whilst talented is unreliable and Lawrence is a number 10, looking to get the ball deep.

Plange is our best option and at least gets in the right areas but we’re crying out for a consistent goal scorer.

Priority is still on the wing though for the reasons I gave. We have depth upfront but very little on the wing.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

But he's our donkey so we love him anyway

Most of our squad is running out of contract next summer, which in our situation might be a blessing. According to Transfermarkt, this is our next season's squad:

Krystian Bielik, 2024

Max Bird, 2024

Jason Knight, 2023

Louie Sibley, 2024

Kamil Jozwiak, 2024

Jack Stretton, 2023

Luke Plange, 2023

Would be nice to extend some of the current contracts... Would be great keep a hold on Ebosele, Buchanan, Williams, Byrne, and Davies.  Roos or Allsop as a second choice would do as well.

New owner in and Wayne can mould the team exactly how he wants it to be. We just need a new defence, goalkeeper and 40-goal striker and we are good to go! 

Edited by Dimmu
Plange contract is not from TM, that's from my memory so most likely it is incorrect.

7 hours ago, Ramarena said:

I think we can get by promoting a younger GK to play the GK role. An athletic centre forward and and wide man would be on my shopping list.

The EFL have clearly got very worried that we could stop up, which would make the EFL look pretty stupid after a 21 point deduction.

They have blocked us making signings, blocked us from extending contracts and blocked the path for completing a takeover.

Not sure how much more evidence we need before the footballing world wakes up and admits there might be a problem here.

Don't understand why he can't play tomorrow if his contract runs out on Monday?

I had a feeling this would happen, they only let us sign him and Baldock cos Bielik and Kazim were injured. Now they're both fit I feared renewing contracts would be difficult.

6 minutes ago, AGR said:

Don't understand why he can't play tomorrow if his contract runs out on Monday?

I had a feeling this would happen, they only let us sign him and Baldock cos Bielik and Kazim were injured. Now they're both fit I feared renewing contracts would be difficult.

This is exactly what i dont get 

ok his deal finishes Monday……. So as of Saturday hes still our player, contracted and everything . I dont get it