Incomings/outgoings and re-signings

ThePrisoner

Which positions are we most likely to recruit? I'm assuming we'll stick with our current 4411/4231 system with 2 players per position.

GK - Allsop, Roos, Marshall
RB - Byrne, Festy
CB - Jagielka, Stearman
CB - Davies, Cashin
LB - Forsyth, Buchanan, Williams
RM - Jozwiak, Sibley
CM - Bird, Tommo
CM - Shinnie, Bielik
LM - Knight
AM - Lawrence, Ravel
CF - Plange, Baldock, Kazim, Stretton

We're heavy at GK, LB and CF, but light on the wings. Unless we get good offers for players, this will be where our activity in the transfer window will be. Marshall should be looking for a new club. LB  is dependent on plans for next season - which two LBs do we plan to go into next season with. With Stretton's injury record, I don't expect any changes at CF.
The player(s) we'll be looking at will most certainly be wingers, which fits in with the Diallo links.

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Which positions are we most likely to recruit? I'm assuming we'll stick with our current 4411/4231 system with 2 players per position.

GK - Allsop, Roos, Marshall
RB - Byrne, Festy
CB - Jagielka, Stearman
CB - Davies, Cashin
LB - Forsyth, Buchanan, Williams
RM - Jozwiak, Sibley
CM - Bird, Tommo
CM - Shinnie, Bielik
LM - Knight
AM - Lawrence, Ravel
CF - Plange, Baldock, Kazim, Stretton

We're heavy at GK, LB and CF, but light on the wings. Unless we get good offers for players, this will be where our activity in the transfer window will be. Marshall should be looking for a new club. LB  is dependent on plans for next season - which two LBs do we plan to go into next season with. With Stretton's injury record, I don't expect any changes at CF.
The player(s) we'll be looking at will most certainly be wingers, which fits in with the Diallo links.

That’s a good breakdown, cheers. When it’s down in black and white it’s easier to see where the gaps are, and I agree, the squad does look light out wide

3 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

I'd sell Buchanan and Sibley if decent offers come in, and let Baldock and Marshall go so we can bring in new faces in squad areas where we need more bodies.

Clearly Rooney will be extending Baldock (out of loyalty) whilst Marshall is still here so nothing imminent - Buchanan he clearly wants to keep and rightly so whilst Sibley could be available for the right money 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

DET: 13:16 STEVE NICHOLSON

Phil Jagielka

Rooney says a deal is agreed with Jagielka, but waiting for EFL clearance

Good news on Jags and Sibley.

The decision on Baldock makes sense, but maybe suggests the plan is for Plange to lead the line for the rest of the season. Kazim and Stretton being options off the bench depending what style of forward we need.

On 10/01/2022 at 15:52, TheHomunculusLives said:

I'd sell Buchanan and Sibley if decent offers come in, and let Baldock and Marshall go so we can bring in new faces in squad areas where we need more bodies.

2 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Oooo close…..but no cigar

Baldock and Marshall to go...? That prediction deserved no more than a Cigarillo anyway.

Not surprised to see Baldock leave. Worked hard for us and made a bit of an impact so can only thank him for that.

With CKR, Plange and Stretton, I think Baldock isn't really needed. On top of that, Lawrence has played down the middle this season and wouldn't surprise me if he was ahead of Baldock for that position too.