Incomings/outgoings and re-signings

ThePrisoner

41 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm sure he does have a release clause, but I can't see Davies wanting to leave at this point in the season with the club in this position.

I would agree with you had things not apparently changed in the past few days.

My fear now is that the Administrators will accept bids for anyone and everyone and practically force them to leave to raise cash flow money.

I'd be amazed is Davies went.  You can never say never, but doesn't feel like he would.  He has a contract at Derby till he calls it a day as far as I can see.

He's 37 in two months, he's on a contract til the end of the season.  Unless someone gives him 18 months, which I think is unlikely, i'd be surprised.

I think more worryingly, he looked like he pulled up at one point yesterday in the second half, had a big grimace of his face and was limping. 

43 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

The times reporting knight is the best one off for bids of around 8 million he will be available 

I think that’s what we would like for him if he has to go. In reality we will be lucky to get 1m with a fire sale now ensuing ?

33 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

That's an enormous amount! I'd snap their hands off for that!

Really? You might notice a huge difference in our performances when he’s gone. He sniffs out danger and helps his teammates for ninety minutes. There’s no one at the club who can do what he does.

1 hour ago, roboto said:

but of all the players we have remaining I think Curtis is the most loyal and one to have really shown his passion for the club in recent years. If he is looking for a last contract of his career he is free to find a club in the summer, I think he’s here for the fight.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind you're right with that bit. 

image.thumb.png.22dd61ea88cd445961dbd1a465ea4676.png

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Really? You might notice a huge difference in our performances when he’s gone. He sniffs out danger and helps his teammates for ninety minutes. There’s no one at the club who can do what he does.

Oh absolutely, no doubt. But that single-handedly keeps the club running for the rest of the season, right? Without the need for further player sales?

6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

No thanks.  I see forest fans going on about that young lad Johnson and saying they would accept nothing shy of £16 million,  yet Derby fans would be happy to lose one our best players for half that.

The difference is that Forest don't have 2 weeks to raise £7m. That effectively halves the value of all our players. 

If we could sell Knight for £8m, we'd have an outside chance of staying up. We'd be weaker, but only by 1 player. Knight is our most valuable player. If he doesn't go, we'll likely have to sell 5 or 6.

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The difference is that Forest don't have 2 weeks to raise £7m. That effectively halves the value of all our players. 

If we could sell Knight for £8m, we'd have an outside chance of staying up. We'd be weaker, but only by 1 player. Knight is our most valuable player. If he doesn't go, we'll likely have to sell 5 or 6.

I fully understand that, it's just the " I'd snap their hands off " reaction that I don't understand. 

28 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It’s a shame Shinnie’s gone. If Knight goes too, that’s both of our box to box battling midfielders gone and we won’t be able to replace them. 

I’d say losing two of the same type of player, who are very valuable to the way we play, is very debilitating for us……for me it would be similar to losing several players.

Edited by Ramarena

17 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

It’s a shame Shinnie’s gone. If Knight goes too, that’s both of our box to box battling midfielders gone and we won’t be able to replace them. 

I’d say losing two of the same type of player, who are very valuable to the way we play, is very debilitating for us……for me it would be similar to losing several players.

Yes, Knight going would be far more damaging than losing Jags and Shinnie for whom we have cover if no-one else goes.

Same damage would result if almost any of the others who played yesterday were to leave. Would be better for Buchanan to leave, given Fozzy and others in reserve.

We are on the cliff edge now.

I put it in the Knight thread but probably better here. While he would be a big loss, if we could get through this by only selling Knight and Buchanan (also a big loss) then we still have a chance.

Keeping Lawrence is the most important to our survival chances. He’s vital, only player who will be prolific with goals and assists. Our only match winner. Worth hanging on to and losing for nothing in the summer. Bird is another one who is vital.

58 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

If we were to get let’s say £7m for Knight this would be enough for us to complete the season. Am I right in thinking that the EFL could then allow us to bring in free transfers and loans? 

The theory is correct but the EFL would say we can’t pay them more than the minimum wage 

9 hours ago, SBW said:

I think more worryingly, [Davies] looked like he pulled up at one point yesterday in the second half, had a big grimace of his face and was limping. 

if MM steps up to the plate and ensures no further sales, then injuries are our main concern

Edited by kevinhectoring

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

If we were to get let’s say £7m for Knight this would be enough for us to complete the season. Am I right in thinking that the EFL could then allow us to bring in free transfers and loans? 

If it is a PL club they might but  if we sell to another championship club i doubt it a) they might not be able to put all cash upfront b) why would they if the club is not going to be around