Incomings/outgoings and re-signings

ThePrisoner

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

The problem is, it will probably come down to the admins saying we need the cash and he'll have to go if there's an offer. Loyalty does nothing if there's no club left to be loyal to. 

Except the cards are being laid on the table - we know we have interested bidders. Do your job Admin and get the funding sorted!

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Nixon article mostly discussing Ashley trying to resolve Boro issue but it also mentions that we may lose Curtis who has an exit clause.

My friend, who used to work for Hull City, says there's a lot of talk up there about the Tigers re-signing him.

I'd be gutted.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17339503/mike-ashley-middlesbrough-compensation-Derby-takeover/

I'm sure he does have a release clause, but I can't see Davies wanting to leave at this point in the season with the club in this position.

I can only half remember, but yesterday I think some on Radio Derby said something like, it's going to be really tough now if we're losing players like Jagielka and Davies.

I thought it was a bit odd, but assumed that it was them just putting forward a hypothetical situation. Now I'm wondering if they'd heard anything. 

5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Shinnie fee is 30k according to Nixon. How the hell does that help us see out the season 

We signed him on a free transfer and sold him for 30k profit. We will be well under the FFP limit at this rate? 

Won't we? 

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think Davies would be a huge gamble for any side considering his injuries the two seasons before. No doubt someone will try it, but not sure it’s the best move for him or frankly…anyone.

Not for 12 months if they get 10 games and damage what is now a rival for a relegation spot.  He's on probably the lowest wage here as it is, so minimal wages as well.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not for 12 months if they get 10 games and damage what is now a rival for a relegation spot.  He's on probably the lowest wage here as it is, so minimal wages as well.

Shhhhh don’t encourage their thinking, they might be looking at what fans think!

HE’S A BLOODY CROPPER, LEAVE HIM TO SEE OUT HIS DAYS WHERE HE IS 

1 minute ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Question I don’t really know the answer to in light of the £30k fee for Shinnie. If admins accept bids for other players, and let’s face it, we could see Lawrence, Knight, Bird, Ebsoele, Byrne, Sibley, Thompson etc all gone next week, can player refuse to go?

They can, but may be told they have to move or the club will go under. If we start selling the likes of Festy and Thompson for peanuts I'm going to lose the plot.

Its common for modest value players to go in January for a nominal fee, when their contract is up. It this case a £15k a week saving on wages is the big one. We got Shinnie for free also, so not really a bad deal in my view. £2 million a year saved in wages already, with Shinnie, Marshall, jags and Baldock, that's what the admins are looking at, and it means less cash required to run the club in the coming months.

How many more clubs are going to have to do the same? Is any club in the championship running at break even or better?

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

4 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Question I don’t really know the answer to in light of the £30k fee for Shinnie. If admins accept bids for other players, and let’s face it, we could see Lawrence, Knight, Bird, Ebsoele, Byrne, Sibley, Thompson etc all gone next week, can player refuse to go? 

yes (see Anya) - they have current contracts and you can't force someone to sign a contract.

Reality is, the situation probably means no one is really going turn down a bid the admins have accepted unless their agent knows there's multipul parties after the player.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Just now, Simmo’s left foot said:

Its common for modest value players to go in January for a nominal fee, when their contract is up. It this case a £15k a week saving on wages is the big one. We got Shinnie for free also, so not really a bad deal in my view. £2 million a year saved in wages already, that's what the admins are looking at, and it means less cash required to run the club in the coming months.

How many more clubs are going to have to do the same? Is any club in the championship running at break even or better?

Good point!

11 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Shhhhh don’t encourage their thinking, they might be looking at what fans think!

HE’S A BLOODY CROPPER, LEAVE HIM TO SEE OUT HIS DAYS WHERE HE IS 

Thats the biggest worry for me.  clubs getting twitchy around us thinking how they can weaken our squad and improve there own for peanuts.