The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

Surely one of the main reasons to get the new owners in asap is the amount of money Q are making out of this. The new owners will be stumping out a lot of money that could be used for strengthening the squad or renewing contracts. 

Hard to know. Maybe some or all of Mel, MSD, HMRC and creditors suffer Q’s increased fees. And at the margins Q might themselves bear the cost of getting the deal over the line 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-risks-repeat-derby-wycombe-6773462

I give my support to Barnsley on this.

Reading must be given the full six points, after what's happened to Derby why should Reading be exonerated just by agreeing to follow a business plan.

The 6 point deduction for Reading would seriously help Derby and the efl should not be allowed to give Reading a method to avoid it else why not have given the same method to Derby.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-risks-repeat-derby-wycombe-6773462

Reading must be given the full six points, after what's happened to Derby why should Reading be exonerated just by agreeing to follow a business plan.

The 6 point deduction for Reading would seriously help Derby and the efl should not be allowed to give Reading a method to avoid it else why not have given the same method to Derby.

I'm waiting for the EFL to allow Reading to sign 2 star footballers from Russia and then block us from doing the very same thing.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

I think there are a few things being muted about Reading.

- that they are not adhering to their business plan. Not sure how people would know that and just because they signed Carroll, Drinkwater etc doesn't mean went outside it.

- their accounts for 20/21 show a large overspend with large wage bill (not part of FFP calculation or penalty), so the question is are they cutting their cloth. Who knows as it took us years to reduce our wage bill and off load the big earners.

- their business plan allows them to spend over the FFP limits. If so, the EFL need a smack, any FFP plan should ensure adherence to FFP limits. If I remember rightly Readings wage bill is about 240% of their income.

if Reading or us for that matter have a business plan that allows us to break FFP and we have received a suspended penalty then Barnsley have a point. 

so If Reading stay up expect Peterborough, Barnsley and Derby to get the number for their lawyers out.

10 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Complete curved ball given the discussion for the last few pages, so your help is needed!

I have been working on an email to Rick Parry, but need his email. I know it was mentioned on this thread, but that was about 3 billion pages ago. Can anyone help me?

Cheers in anticipation!

Rparry@efl.com

be kind to him as he has a fragile ego.

13 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

We are odds-on to down, yes, but 1/8 understates our chances of staying up! 

The best price is 2/7 which gives us a 22% chance (i.e. double the chance of 1/8).

Of course, even that understates our chances of staying up. Not by much, mind you.

My point is, we have less than a 50/50 chance of dtaying up.  Although, Im beginning to think 5 wins and 39 points may just be enough.....   

15 hours ago, davenportram said:

Don’t need a CVA or to pay 25% in one go either to avoid a points deduction.

choices are 

25% in one go

OR

agreement that repays 35% over three years

But that only applies to Ordinary Creditors.

All Football Creditors (which includes all staff wages, pensions etc) must be settled in full. And as I understand does not include HMRC which now come before some secured creditors under the 2020 ruling.

I do not honestly believe HMRC are going to take a massive hit. The rule was changed to prevent administration being used as a mechanism to dodge tax repayments in instances like this. I genuinely believe they are out to make a point with a club as a message to all others that it will never be allowed to happen again.

Social media is full of people screaming at Quantuma about why haven`t they accepted the Binnies £28m bid and moved it on. IMO £28m ain`t gonna cut it!

30 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think there are a few things being muted about Reading.

- that they are not adhering to their business plan. Not sure how people would know that and just because they signed Carroll, Drinkwater etc doesn't mean went outside it.

- their accounts for 20/21 show a large overspend with large wage bill (not part of FFP calculation or penalty), so the question is are they cutting their cloth. Who knows as it took us years to reduce our wage bill and off load the big earners.

- their business plan allows them to spend over the FFP limits. If so, the EFL need a smack, any FFP plan should ensure adherence to FFP limits. If I remember rightly Readings wage bill is about 240% of their income.

if Reading or us for that matter have a business plan that allows us to break FFP and we have received a suspended penalty then Barnsley have a point. 

so If Reading stay up expect Peterborough, Barnsley and Derby to get the number for their lawyers out.

We can look forward to four different fixture lists for the championship and league 1 then.