The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'm not going to trawl through pages to look for it, But the EFL statement went something like this, DCFC have until 1st of Febuary to show they have enough funds to complete the season, Now i'm not to sure where this quote/ish came from, However if funds can't be shown...IT COULD MEAN DCFC BEING EXPELLED FROM THE EFL BY WITHDRAWING THEIR MEMBERSHIP.

I'm not a fan of SJ, But on this occasion i'll agree with him, Bad news makes good headlines, More clicks and maybe more revenue for whoever.

I remember when one of my ancestors was walking with Moses, And he came to the Red Sea, People were panicking as they were being chased by a band of nutters, People were screaming "we're dead we're dead(in hebrew language as English hadn't formed yet)Moses said "oh no we aint, We'll be fine" but no the doubters kept a hollerin, Until Moses went down to the shore and said "ABRA  KADABRA" and the sea parted, The doubters were gobsmacked(again in hebrew)as gobsmacked wasn't known as a word back in the day.

Everyone crossed and all lived happily ever after.

We have been under threat of expulsion since we went into admin. We have been given notice of that. That notice was suspended and continues to be suspended provided admin satisfy Efl we can complete the season. 

it may be a flexible deadline but it was a real enough threat no doubt about that.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

We have been under threat of expulsion since we went into admin. We have been given notice of that. That notice was suspended and continues to be suspended provided admin satisfy Efl we can complete the season. 

it may be a flexible deadline but it was a real enough threat no doubt about that.

And my comment in CAPITALS says what?

54 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

QPR got away with murder with their fine

That’s the point, there was no points deductions in place at the time, fines were all that was in the EFL book, hence the change since, obviously having very rich owners a points deduction would have hurt us a lot more, definitely would have resulted in going back to league 1, Leicester and Bournemouth also benefited from this as well. 

Others have said this but......a month's delay, we're forced to sell players this window.

That reduces the value of the club - not because of any one player, though there is that, but because it scuppers any small chance we have of survival and, by not being able to offer contracts, undermines the chance of an immediate return by promotion next season.

So, any potential bidder either bids now - or they're looking for a cheaper deal later. Do you like the idea of a cheapskate?

(looking at you Ashley)

Equally, it would indicate they're here for the long term because it will mean 2+ years longer before we are back in the Prem.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t know because you seemed to contradict that by saying you agree with Jordan. Who said there is no deadline.

Get back to your accounting fella, I can't be dealing with you at this time, Deadline/smedline, I should have listed the words I agreed with and the ones I didn't.

18 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

As I said on another post I seriously struggle to see where this will all end, let alone be a positive outcome.

I can see fire sale, losing talented youngsters, Rooney leave followed by relegation/ demotion. It's got to the point after a shambolic 2 years that we should sack the whole thing off, so no need to ever hear the name of MM again.

& a -15 start next season with a squad of about 5 senior players, but under an embargo and 'agreed' (read enforced) business plan from the EFL restricting us from signing any players who could possibly help us avoid relegation, thus finding ourselves in League Two for the 23/24 season.

Alternatively, in a completely unprecedented step we end up having to start up as a new club but are allowed to go straight into League Two for the 23/24 season (presumably skipping 22/23 altogether) with a bare bones set-up, no Academy team to speak of (our only crowning glory of the last few years) and in all likelihood only being able to field a team who will struggle to stay up.

It's almost as if the EFL have wanted to demote us to League Two all along and will do whatever is in their power to make it happen. Then they want to play the good guys by saying "Hey look, we didn't have to let you restart in League Two. Actually, we're doing you a massive favour"

Edited by Coconut's Beard

23 minutes ago, Tombo said:

In summary, there may be good news. Or it could be bad news.

It could be today. Or possibly tomorrow. Or possibly by the end of the week.

It might drag on until the end of Feb. Or it might not. Or it might be the end of the season. Or also not.

And we could get a 15 point deduction next season. Then again, that could also not happen. Or it could happen this season.

And we've had some information from people who say they know what's going on. That said, they might not actually know.

So in summary, that's what we know about what's going on. Precisely absolutely nothing. But it's got us all riled up as it might be important.

Then again, it might not be.

I think that summarises the key events of the day as they have unfolded so far. Maybe the admins could add that to the updates thread ?

37 minutes ago, NimonicRam said:

Nothing will happen until after the transfer window closes. I suspect the EFL and the membership are worried about us going into administration (paying 25p in the pound or whatever has been agreed) then getting taken over by a new owner and spending this window. It would be a slap in the face to our past creditors and as a Derby fan that one would not sit right with me. I just hope we don't lose anymore of our players for peanuts. The dream is still on.... Just.

I'm sure we've already agreed to follow a business plan for the rest of this season, so we'd be very limited in what we can do in the market whenever things are resolved....

9 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

& a -15 start next season with a squad of about 5 senior players, but under an embargo and 'agreed' (read enforced) business plan from the EFL restricting us from signing any players who could possibly help us avoid relegation, thus finding ourselves in League Two for the 23/24 season.

Alternatively, in a completely unprecedented step we end up having to start up as a new club but are allowed to go straight into League Two for the 23/24 season (presumably skipping 22/23 altogether) with a bare bones set-up, no Academy team to speak of (our only crowning glory of the last few years) and in all likelihood only being able to field a team who will struggle to stay up.

It's almost as if the EFL have wanted to demote us to League Two all along and will do whatever is in their power to make it happen. Then they want to play the good guys by saying "Hey look, we didn't have to let you restart in League Two. Actually, we're doing you a massive favour"

I think this may well be the Efl position.

Whether we can stop them we shall see.

In summary: 

mad homer simpson GIF

Now, honestly, I'm not too concerned about us kicking the can down the road in this situation. We clearly need to find solutions to questions in order for the buyer who the administrators have clearly marked as their preferred option [very possibly Mike Ashley] before he (or they) commit to purchasing the club. 

If we get to that point then it will all be worth it. 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think this may well be the Efl position.

Whether we can stop them we shall see.

Its all part of the EFLs rolling punishment regime.???‍♂️

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus

just substitute EFL for Zeus and Sisyphus for Derby County

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

They want us gone so they can change the rules, and we will have no redress

1  no team can sue the EFL

2  Failing FFP no points deduction for Gibsons boro again

Parry you and you not fit for purpose cronies may want us gone, surely it will be you lot gone aswell, doubt if you will save your own skin when the enquiry takes place.

All being well Derby council, business leaders alongside Rolls royce, Toyota etc will be able to take court action, against the EFL for their incompetence over this long drawn out saga, down too mental health issues and business loss of earnings, destroying the town and villages  if we are liquidated.