The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

To be fair it's pretty hard to judge the wealth of some of these tech guys because a lot of them invested a lot of money in crypto currency for huge profits, not to say he has done that, but it could certainly be deceiving. 

Agreed - plus he seems extremely intelligent and could be able to double or triple his net worth with one good weekend creating something from his bedroom. I do get all that, but it's going to take nothing short of a saint to want to save this club in its current state and I'd hate to see someone who is willing to do whatever he can come out worse because of it. 

It's not me saying I want the richest person available, but from what I understand of the position the club is in, plus the structure of the EFL, plus everything else going against us that I don't want someone else being taken in and ruined. 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

But then we want someone who will run the club sustainably rather than someone who splashes the cash and then disappears. Been there, done that.

Hard to tell the wealth of these guys as someone suggested further up. Think he was involved in selling a start up to yahoo quite some time ago. If that money was invested wisely then he could well be worth quite a lot of money. 
Surely he wouldn’t effectively gift £7m to a club he has no attachment to if it was a lot of money to him

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am worn out with it. It’s effecting my work as I am constantly checking for news. Think I will take a day off checking tomorrow and then check back in before the Florist game ??

Guarantee you won’t get far - tried it myself. It just doesn’t work. Managed to get to 8.35am one day….

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The whole thing is rotten to the core. This is what happens when egomaniacs with money run things.

They're all over compensating and who cares about us?

I'm starting to get a bit disheartened with the whole thing. If we get liquidated now whats the point of supporting a phoenix club. We could work for years to get a phoenix club back up the leagues again, but whats to stop another owner getting us liquidated again or the same clubs targeting us again or the EFL targeting us again.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

In what way? We’ve overpaid for players all over the place for years.

We cherry picked wigans best players for peanuts when they were in trouble. Our glorious leaders didnt care about helping them at the time

Edited by GenBr

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

But then we want someone who will run the club sustainably rather than someone who splashes the cash and then disappears. Been there, done that.

This is the guy linked with the consortium with Rush in it who’s got previous of doing just that, or was he just Mels puppet? Either way I hope it doesn’t get messy with potential ground sale with MM and Rush’s history! 

Nigel Owen of BAWT has just come on the Twitter live stream.

I have to say, I've been sceptical of BAWT but he's been brilliant both times I've heard him speak (the other was on the Not The Top 20 Podcast).

Knows exactly what he's talking about and is great at turning it into layman's speak. Keep it up.

3 potential bidders have made offers, well in excess of the value of the club’s assets.  The administrators have been encouraged by the EFL to make funds available to settle the claims. Firstly, the administrators have to follow their professional insolvency regulations in how they can use funds under their control, and secondly, doing so is unlikely to leave sufficient funds to satisfy the EFL’s insolvency policy as it stands.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/scg-quantuma-meeting-thursday-20th-january-2022-11am-via-ms-teams/

The EFL apparently want us to pay wycombe and boro to go away. Very helpful of them. For not having a stance, that apears to be their stance.

35 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just so it's easy to read...

Screenshot_20220120-212118.png

Do I remember correctly that the Appleby group (so presumably Riley although we didn’t know it at the time) were rumoured to be funding our force majeure Covid appeal against the 12 point administration deduction? And then we dropped the appeal and accepted 9 further points on the understanding we could draw a line under it and get on with the takeover. 

If so, he might not be overly impressed at being taken for a fool by Parry and/or the EFL. 

Let’s hope so. Because if that is the case, rocking up out of the blue with £7m to clear the blockage might be an interesting development. 

Edited by Indy

22 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

3 potential bidders have made offers, well in excess of the value of the club’s assets.  The administrators have been encouraged by the EFL to make funds available to settle the claims. Firstly, the administrators have to follow their professional insolvency regulations in how they can use funds under their control, and secondly, doing so is unlikely to leave sufficient funds to satisfy the EFL’s insolvency policy as it stands.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/scg-quantuma-meeting-thursday-20th-january-2022-11am-via-ms-teams/

The EFL apparently want us to pay wycombe and boro to go away. Very helpful of them. For not having a stance, that apears to be their stance.

I feel another chorus of duck The EFL coming on