The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I'd have thought these comments were libellous

The comments about David are insults, but not libelous. If Boycie was identifiably a real person, with a good reputation, the comments about him might be considered so. 

It's just occurred to me that it would be brilliant to have something like a hundred statues of our most historic figures around Pride Park...I'm thinking of a Ram's version of Gormley's Another Place.

We should have William Morley and our 'saviours' Webb, Gadsby and Clowes. Obviously we'd have maybe our 50 greatest players and many of our managers, but then it could be fun to have some villains. Keogh, Bennett and Lawrence for Joiner's gate. Mel for being a worse owner than actual criminals. Sam Longson for accepting that resignation. Paul Jewell for for his home movie and that season. Kenny Burns for being the most irritating of ex-players.

It would be a fantastic way to celebrate the club's re-birth and an acknowledgement that supporting Derby is a bit different, but never, ever boring.

I can just imagine taking kids to the ground and being asked who that statue is? It would actually be a great way to connect through the generations. 

COYR

42 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's just occurred to me that it would be brilliant to have something like a hundred statues of our most historic figures around Pride Park...I'm thinking of a Ram's version of Gormley's Another Place.

We should have William Morley and our 'saviours' Webb, Gadsby and Clowes. Obviously we'd have maybe our 50 greatest players and many of our managers, but then it could be fun to have some villains. Keogh, Bennett and Lawrence for Joiner's gate. Mel for being a worse owner than actual criminals. Sam Longson for accepting that resignation. Paul Jewell for for his home movie and that season. Kenny Burns for being the most irritating of ex-players.

It would be a fantastic way to celebrate the club's re-birth and an acknowledgement that supporting Derby is a bit different, but never, ever boring.

I can just imagine taking kids to the ground and being asked who that statue is? It would actually be a great way to connect through the generations. 

COYR

Robert Maxwell saved us once.............

49 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

COYR

I know you’re half serious and have your tongue in your cheek but I think you have a point. Football Stadia need to be special and have character. There should be statues, monuments, landmarks, quirks. Things that tell you this isn’t just a Lego brick facility to play a game. I want a laser hologram of a Ram lighting up the sky for night matches. An Avenue of Derbyshire stones naming those who have played say 250 games for the club or scored 50 goals. A trail past statues of the greats. I’ve mentioned it before but Stokes Mathews statue is a work of art and genius. It’s inspiration, dreams and legend making all in one. Black and white photos of bandy legged blokes in long shorts mean nothing, but if you’re a kid with a Dad or Grandad looking at your legends carved in stone or cast in metal ..  it binds you to something greater

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Mr ploppy will be loving the turn this thread has taken.

Back on the home thread rallying his troops

May or may not be a futile exercise but saw this on another forum- the Wycombe one.

foi.request@hmrc.gov.uk

Given an overriding public interest in these troubled times, I doubt it gets anywhere but a mass email campaign may not be the worst thing but probably pie in the sky that it would occur. Companies get wound up over far smaller HMRC debts.

His parting shot on LTLF for the day.

w****** the lot of them. Shower of s****- all signings though are subject to EFL approval.

I think he's trying to give them the impression he's a hard drinking top boy from St Pauls

Lets hope it doesn't get mixed up with his I'm a 6ft big wave rider from Hawaii profile or they're on to him.

image.thumb.png.88f59350b4dc6339b97960f2a912be2d.png

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Back on the home thread rallying his troops

May or may not be a futile exercise but saw this on another forum- the Wycombe one.

foi.request@hmrc.gov.uk

Given an overriding public interest in these troubled times, I doubt it gets anywhere but a mass email campaign may not be the worst thing but probably pie in the sky that it would occur. Companies get wound up over far smaller HMRC debts.

His parting shot on LTLF for the day.

w****** the lot of them. Shower of s****- all signings though are subject to EFL approval.

I think he's trying to give them the impression he's a hard drinking top boy from St Pauls

Lets hope it doesn't get mixed up with his I'm a 6ft big wave rider from Hawaii profile or they're on to him.

image.thumb.png.88f59350b4dc6339b97960f2a912be2d.png

He needs to let it go in more ways than one. He sounds frustrated.