The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

If the preferred bidder is not prepared to do everything possible to avoid the club being relegated this season and is prepared to gamble on our future, I would suggest that the administrators have made the wrong choice. I do not believe that to be the case.

Andy Appleby did that once and it took Nigel Clough five years to repair the damage.

10 hours ago, Ellafella said:

But they’re delaying procedures when we haven’t got time on our hands. Unnecessarily…because a preferred bidder surely wouldn’t want the Club to liquidate when they’re trying to buy it in its current state. 

All the preferred bidder is,from the administrators point of view, the bidder that best satisfies the creditors and the club going forward. At this moment in time we are, i believe, still having to take out loans to cover day to day running costs so the EFL will have the last call on  new (free/loan) signings. The preferred bidder then has to satisfy and agree a plan with the EFL so it could be weeks/months that the preferred bidder becomes the owner,until that time the administrators are still in charge so it is understandable that the EFL are requesting the administrators show that we can provide funds until the end of the season or the new owner takes over. The preferred bidder could still withdraw their offer if they so wish or cannot come to an agreement with the EFL.

Didn't the administrator's mention something along the lines of the preferred bidder agreeing to provide the funds straight away?

Edit:-

Yes they said this in their last statement to BAWT:-

Provisions are in place for short-term funding until a preferred bidder is named. Part of the negotiations with the proposed preferred bidders is their ability to assist in funding until the deal is finalized.

Edited by MACKWORTHRAM
Add something

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

This proof of funds stuff. Why not start selling next seasons season tickets?

For very boring reasons, such as the way credit card providers guarantees would leave them liable, a company at risk of liquidation before providing the product (matches) being paid for may not be able charge credit cards and similar. Remember similar issues at the start of this season, could be same reason? 

Source: I used to work in banking and credit, I can confirm it's extremely boring, thus "used to" 

There are two issues IMO that the EFL are trying to engineer. A potential for us not to be able to par wages at end of Jan and add the 3 points suspended. To avoid this the club would have to sell players if the takeover can be delayed which the EFL are trying to do. We know from DC reports that the EFL expect punishments to result in relegation and suddenly this looks in doubt. 

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

11 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Article in the Times say Rooney Is confident prefered bidder named in 24 hors (48 hours divided by 2).

Sources close to told the Times expect longer (48 hours)

Boro and Wycombe major stumbling block.

Nothing new, same poo, another 48 hours

Youtube Rage GIF by Wayne

7 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It’s buy now or explode later - the debt is too big and we only have players that are assets so if we sell them there is nothing to buy 

wait until tomorrow evening before any concerns Mount with no information 

We are in a no win situation. If we don’t sell one player , we have to take out another soft loan at the end of the month to pay the wages. Remember the coaching staff alone is 1/2 a million a month.

9 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

There are two issues IMO that the EFL are trying to engineer. A potential for us not to be able to par wages at end of Jan and add the 3 points suspended. To avoid this the club would have to sell players if the takeover can be delayed which the EFL are trying to do. We know from DC reports that the EFL expect punishments to result in relegation and suddenly this looks in doubt. 

Well surely if wages can’t be paid, then the 3 points should be applied. Isn’t that the point of a suspended sentence? 
If it’s a case that someone needs to be sold to pay wages, then isn’t that the right thing to do? 

im not sure there is some EFL conspiracy to delay any sale based on the telegraph story. It all seems like a non issue to me, but it’s been blown out of all proportion. 

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

23 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Article in the Times say Rooney Is confident prefered bidder named in 24 hors (48 hours divided by 2).

Sources close to told the Times expect longer (48 hours)

Boro and Wycombe major stumbling block.

Nothing new, same poo, another 48 hours

sounds like a TV programme there, doubt if Keifer would want it?

3 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Well surely if wages can’t be paid, then the 3 points should be applied. Isn’t that the point of a suspended sentence? 
If it’s a case that someone needs to be sold to pay wages, then isn’t that the right thing to do? 

im not sure there is some EFL conspiracy to delay any sale based on the telegraph story. It all seems like a non issue to me, but it’s been blown out of all proportion. 

What the EFL didn't have to do, but which they appear to have made a prerequisite, is to give any credence to the claims made by Middlesbrough and Wycombe. It has been reported in other pieces that the EFL believe that both clubs should be treated as football creditors when their claims have not even been tested in Court. In doing so, I believe they have breached their own charter and rules purely to turn the screw on DCFC. 

There's your conspiracy. I believe that one day the inside story will come out and the duplicity of the EFL will be revealed. By then, however, it may be too late for DCFC if this is allowed to continue unchallenged. 

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

What the EFL didn't have to do, but which they appear to have made a prerequisite, is to give any credence to the claims made by Middlesbrough and Wycombe. It has been reported in other pieces that the EFL believe that both clubs should be treated as football creditors when their claims have not even been tested in Court. In doing so, I believe they have breached their own charter and rules purely to turn the screw on DCFC. 

There's your conspiracy. I believe that one day the inside story will come out and the duplicity of the EFL will be revealed. By then, however, it may be too late for DCFC if this is allowed to continue unchallenged. 

I think this was hinted at by Hosking , that EFL are not helping only hindering re the Boro and Wycombe claims. And Hosking said the advice they had was that the claims were without merit, and Boro and Wycombe  are not football creditors.