The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, alram said:

I hope we hear from him today, we have no idea what his plans for the club are yet

The urgent focus now needs to be on:

1. Deciding on whether LR is to be kept on as interim manager in the short/medium turn (I think he will) or replaced immediately. If the latter, then his replacement needs to be found and appointed asap

2. Signing up players so that we can field a half decent team and they can start to gel

3. Putting season tickets up for sale.

I don’t think we need to hear any more long term plans just yet and certainly not today.

7 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Derby County. Saved.

The joy, the relief.

Mine won’t be the only story like this, but after the passing of my Dad, who was a dyed-in-the-wool Ram, former steward home and away, the love for Derby County takes on another meaning. It’s a link to family - past and present - for so many, and to lose it would be heartbreaking all over again.

To see it saved means the world. And I’m celebrating with a Derbyshire whisky.

I was listening to the 'emergency' Sportscene. I shed a tear when Ed Dawes came on in tears. I fully lost it when the Punjabi Rams representative (who's name escapes me, my apologies) was talking about the laying to rest of another member (again apologies) whose proceedings mirrored my Dad's. I'm in tears again, typing this.

I really hope we as Rams never have to go through this again. I hope no fan ever has to go through this.

We have our club back. Don't EVER take it for granted.

Much love to one and all. My only regret is that I wasn't first to break the news ? I'd just got home from work, but seriously, this forum has been a haven - to know I'm not the only one who's life has been dominated by this one subject.

I can't wait for that 30th July vs. Oxford. Win, lose, or draw - it's going to be one hell of a party. Let's sell this mother out.

Peace ✌️ love ❤️ and Derby County ?

Well done. You nailed it from the heart. David Clowes' triumph isn't just for all of us who are still here, it means the glorious legacy of all things Derby County that has grown since 1884 has not been confined to history. The Rams' family tree continues to grow. That legacy includes us and all who came before us. Let's ensure that those who come after us know what we had to endure these past two years so that it may never be allowed to happen again in the future.

2 hours ago, alram said:

I hope we hear from him today, we have no idea what his plans for the club are yet

I don’t suspect David clowes is going to be anything like the early days mel Morris in terms of being front and centre. I am going to guess that he will appoint a CEO who will be the face and mouth of this Derby County. As he made a point of in his statement, he would rather be an anonymous fan and he likes to do his business quietly. He will of course communicate as and when but I think in the next week he will make key appointments whom will then drive the operation. I’d be surprised if that’s not the case. 

think how surreal it is for us all waking up to dcfc saved, he’s woken up with that feeling and now owning us!

The covid pandemic has had an adverse effect on many people's mental well-being.

It is only this morning that I realise how much the Rams problems over the last 18 months have also been a massive source of extra anxiety to so many of us, particularly those on this admin thread.

The profound sense of relief this morning is tangible.

Let's forget the cruel taunts of some opponents' "fans" and hope that no other club has to go throughanything similar.

Not even the Club who gleefully posted that picture of a young Rams fan in tears at Wembley!

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning," Psalm 30:5

7 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Can’t believe I’ve woke up for the first time in a long time without doubt and fear regarding our future.

Love you DC

And doesn't it feel good to wake up and know that our club is safely in the hands of a Derbyshire born and bred man who is a fan since boyhood with a season ticket in the North stand rather than a guy from Texas who watched us a couple of times from hospitality, promised us the earth and then left us dangling from a rope?

COYR

On 24/06/2022 at 10:47, Mostyn6 said:

I didn't realise how much this was affecting me. I was convinced I wasn't that bothered. I've lost my grandmother last week and have other issues and thought there were more important things in life.

I'm not too ashamed or masculine to admit that after reading those Clowes press release snippets on Twitter, I realised my eyes had welled-up a little and I have let out a massive sigh. I now want to have a celebratory drink and put this nightmare behind me.

I am however realistic enough to know that the football side could well be a struggle for a few years, and I have no expectations, but to know that my home-city club, a club I followed home and away for most of my adult life, a club that I committed thousands of pounds to over the years, a club that has made me laugh, smile, groan and sob, will continue to exist means a lot to me personally.

Cheers boys and girls.

I posted this last Friday. It’s apparent reading the last 20 pages that lots of you just had the same reaction and realisation that I did. 

Woke up this morning and had to pinch myself to check this was real. I'm not Derby born. I don't have family who have lived,  breathed and died Derby.  But reading through these comments and reflecting on how I felt last night drives home how much of a part this club plays in my life.  

My wife sadly doesn't do sport.  She doesn't really get it. But even she was empathetic as this morning as I got emotional all over again reading your comments, recounting how Ed completely lost it on live radio, how other so-called fans had gloated over essentially the ruin of someone's life.  I'm so, so grateful to Clowes. We have a club. We live to fight another day.  Whoever you are. Wherever you are. We are ALL Derby. 

must be something about owners and which part of Derbyshire they are all from triangle formed around Brailsford, Ednaston and somewhere near Brailsford over three owners (excluding USA owners) since late 1991

45 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

J

Don’t disagree at all, but, I can’t remember a sweeter moment, or a bigger mental than Bielik’s equaliser. Not the RVDL goal against Palace, or Pearson’s goal at Wembley. Under normal circumstances it would have been great, but given the circumstances; the march, the taunting, being 0-2 down, that goal will go down in Derby County folklore. Lost my voice for the better part of 3 days after that game, well worth it! ?

There's things in peoples lives that in time will come back time and again to give us that wry smile and say...I saw that, If Laurence Bassini has bought Birmingham City...my my my there's going to be a lot of fun, He'll use that club as his own piggy bank and if he has bought them and passed the owners and directors b-llox it just confirms my big dislike for the EFL.

Be care full Brum Fans this Derby fan will be watching closely at your fixtures and every loss there will be a wry smile on my face, As I will never forget you singing that song

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There's things in peoples lives that in time will come back time and again to give us that wry smile and say...I saw that, If Laurence Bassini has bought Birmingham City...my my my there's going to be a lot of fun, He'll use that club as his own piggy bank and if he has bought them and passed the owners and directors b-llox it just confirms my big dislike for the EFL.

Be care full Brum Fans this Derby fan will be watching closely at your fixtures and every loss there will be a wry smile on my face, As I will never forget you singing that song

Un/Fortunately he's failed to provide the cash and they're moving on

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/birmingham-speak-takeover-groups-laurence-27379285.amp

58 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

J

Don’t disagree at all, but, I can’t remember a sweeter moment, or a bigger mental than Bielik’s equaliser. Not the RVDL goal against Palace, or Pearson’s goal at Wembley. Under normal circumstances it would have been great, but given the circumstances; the march, the taunting, being 0-2 down, that goal will go down in Derby County folklore. Lost my voice for the better part of 3 days after that game, well worth it! ?

Got a bit carried away at the game that day as well ?

Fantastic moment!

1 hour ago, DTOOOTNMCNAC said:

I guess it wouldn’t. Couldn’t think of a witty username so decided to abbreviate one of my favourite bits of Graham Richard’s’ commentary.

“Dig That One Out Of The Net Mark Crossley Not A Chance.”

Hopefully it makes more sense now ?

I will think of you as 'Digger' for short!

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm looking forward to @Owen87ITK interviewing our new owner. The first question much surely go something like this:

OB: "David congratulations on your acquisition of Derby County Football Club. Please could you clear up for all the fans of this great club, how do you pronounce your surname? We're all desperate to sing a song especially for you at the first home game."

Surely it's pronounced "Clowes" as in "Clowes" not to be confused with "Clowes" as in "Clowes" or even "Clowes" as in "Clowes".

You're welcome, glad to help.