The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Well the curse was lifted by gypsies just before the 1946 FA Cup Final...so could be a little truth that there was something mystic going on

And the Leicester ground was blessed by Buddhist monks or something.. and suddenly they win the league ? Leicester? There has definitely been some lingering curse at Derby. Can any Derby fans into witchcraft or voodoo give us some special blessing. I think MM must have run over 10 black cats or something or broken a few mirrors. 

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We know EFl has asked to be involved. And that Q has refused to allow EFL involvement in the bid process. Speaking daily is a completely different thing. 
My opinion is: EFL seek involvement because they think Q have failed to handle the bid process well. And that Q won’t allow EFL involvement in part because if they do and it leads to a deal, it puts more of their fees at risk by suggesting they needed help. 

I can see there’s an argument that q is doing the right thing because opportunist and tricky bidders such as Ashley will not consent to eFL involvement. Maybe that’s right - but I’m not convinced, because it looks like Ashley gets us only if he’s the last man standing 

Oh come on. Several posters have explained about the legal implications imposed on Q regarding allowing EFL to have access to bid details. Why do you continue to bang on about Q refusing to allow EFL involvement in the process. It’s up to the bidders if they want to share details with EFL. And please don’t repeat the bit about Q telling bidders they must share bid details with EFL or go. That’s a good way to lose most if not all bidders faced with such an ultimatum.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t see it like that. Do Brighton or Brentford get bigger tv audiences than Derby? I don’t think so. They are effectively getting handouts too from the big clubs. All it takes is for those handouts to be more evenly distributed across the leagues. 

It’s the same argument put forward by the ‘big’ clubs - we make the money, you redistribute it. Their solution is different though - we make the money, we should keep it. Let the smaller clubs keep whatever they can make.

Football as a whole lost the argument way before the PL came into being when the forerunner of the EFL agreed that home gate receipts didn’t have to be shared, that the well supported clubs, aka the big clubs, could keep all the home gate receipts (except in the FA cup because that’s run by a different organisation). They agreed it to stop (although they didn’t know what it was going to be called) the formation of the PL, because the administrators then realised that what is happening now would happen if the PL was formed - that the rich get richer and greedier and less bothered about other clubs. And that true competition would slowly disappear. So it has come to pass. The only thing they didn’t really understand was that TV money rather than gate receipts would be the catalyst for inequity.

In those days the game was run by better administrators than we have today, people who had more power, better vision, albeit sometimes behind the times (see kit sponsorship for example) and were better leaders than the bunch we have now. The FA and EFL are pathetically run, powerless organisations managed by feckless individuals with no leadership, vision or standing on the national or international stage. They used to be led by people who were better than the people who ran the clubs and, although we didn’t realise it, were more in tune with fans than we gave them credit for.

Mel may get criticised for a lot of things in this parish, and in some areas rightly so, but his views on the EFL (and wider football authorities) are 100% spot on. It’s to football’s eternal shame (and inevitable destruction imo) that in expressing his views he has been targeted and destroyed. In other industries he might be referred to as a whistleblower and protected.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Andy Appleby says his bid for Derby County is in its "final strokes" as he looks to save the club's future and seal a return to the Rams.

The American businessman conducted an interview with Crain's Detroit Business amid plans to expand the United Shore Professional Baseball League. In the piece, printed earlier today (Tuesday), Appleby did not go into full detail over his bid for Derby but told Crains in a six-word update: "It's down to the final strokes."

The publication also said that Appleby was optimistic about his bid and expects to learn the outcome this week."

7 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Could be about to reach a climax then……

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm about in my own final strokes now.

Ooh Andy Babyyyyyyyyyyyyy

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes yesss yesss yesss yess

Come please this time 

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Final strokes is a new one.

Keiran Lee Reaction GIF

WindingUnimportantBallpython-size_restri

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well while world cup is being played I think that pot that premiership money could go down to champership and league one and league 2 and then national league.

The World Cup break is going to go on even longer now.With Prem games on Boxing Day and new year being postponed. But you can bet Sky will fill our screens with Womens Super league and Champions league football. They are pushing for us to watch it as much as they can.

43 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

… or more likely Q see EFL’s late desire to get involved, after shafting us throughout the process, as a last gasp face saving exercise where they can wring out a bit of credit if a sale concludes, or a ‘we really tried’ if it all goes pear shape as they transfer our golden share to Wrexham.

Exactly.

42 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

… or more likely Q see EFL’s late desire to get involved, after shafting us throughout the process, as a last gasp face saving exercise where they can wring out a bit of credit if a sale concludes, or a ‘we really tried’ if it all goes pear shape as they transfer our golden share to Wrexham.

EFL’s motivation should not affect Q’s decision making. The only question is whether EFl involvement is good for the process. I think it is, but that it’s bad for q 

50 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The EFL were simply trying to distance themselves from the blame that would ensued if we had gone into liquidation.

41 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Where is this information that Q have refused to allow EFL involvement? I’ve clearly missed something here. What involvement should the EFL have? Once there is an actual bid on the table they will be given the info to do their fit and proper checks, they’ll check the source of the money… all of which they did with CK and that didn’t work out. 
It still comes back to the point that the parties allegedly engaging with Quantuma have denied the EFL consent, NOT Quantuma themselves, Trevor Birch has said this himself. Where is the further evidence and info that confirms Q are obstructing the process with the EFL? 

The last EFL statement says: 

‘and the EFL is now to be made a party to all correspondence and discussions between the Administrators, and any and all potential bidders’

It’s a condition to the suspension of withdrawal that q do this. Q have decided not to, spuriously hiding behind NDAs and principles of confidentiality.  So they are further alienating the EFl. 

It’s suggested Appleby has refused to accept EFl involvement. I’ll believe that when we have clear evidence of it. I say that because he’s aware of the will of the EFl and I don’t think he’s the sort of man who would disregard it. 

Just my opinion, that’s what forums are for ... 

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The last EFL statement says: 

‘and the EFL is now to be made a party to all correspondence and discussions between the Administrators, and any and all potential bidders’

It’s a condition to the suspension of withdrawal that q do this. Q have decided not to, spuriously hiding behind NDAs and principles of confidentiality.  So they are further alienating the EFl. 

It’s suggested Appleby has refused to accept EFl involvement. I’ll believe that when we have clear evidence of it. I say that because he’s aware of the will of the EFl and I don’t think he’s the sort of man who would disregard it. 

Just my opinion, that’s what forums are for ... 

We all want a future for Derby County so I’ll make one last point and then let it be as I’m conscious of labouring my point and I appreciate how stressful/frustrating this process and the role of the admins has been for us fans so people are keen to apportion blame and rightly so in some cases.

The part of the EFL statement you’ve quoted still does nothing to prove that Quantuma are not involving the EFL as you and many other fans are claiming, it’s speculation again. Quantuma are not “hiding behind” NDAs, they are legally binding contracts, the legislation around data protection prevents them from sharing the name and data relating to any party exploring the purchase of the club unless that party (not Quantuma) gives consent. Quantuma would be breaking the law and subject to a fine and potential further punishment if they broke those agreements.
If we take what Trevor Birch (CEO of the EFL) has said in his letter to Derby fans groups, Quantuma have given the EFL contact information for the solicitors of the interested parties (something that must have been agreed and consent given for that information to be shared) and those parties have denied to engage with the EFL (again this is evidence of Quantuma engaging with the EFL, not the opposite). I’ve added the pic of that paragraph.
Q have far from covered themselves in glory through this process as I mentioned before, by all means they should be called out on other points, but this specific idea that they are not telling the EFL things just to be difficult is completely unfounded in my view and if anything it has been proven that they are talking to the EFL by the highest positioned member of that organisation and by the fact they communicated the info around CKs bid. 
Anyway, hopefully this is a moot point soon and the club is taken over or at the very least funded for the season pending a takeover and we can get back to on the pitch matters ? 

E0420DBD-6437-404C-9655-23A732BBB48E.jpeg

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You do write some drivel at times Kev

So has Mrs iram now had chance to opine on the following proposition (which you denounced ‘drivel’)?

if an IP is owed a debt by the insolvent party which is material to the IP, this can give rise to a conflict and may require the IP to resign its position, or to appoint an alternate IP to determine any and all matters to which the conflict relates 

I can just hear her now, sweet thing that she is: “oh iram,   poor, poor Kevin, why DO you say these things? And that horrible thing you said about his poor wife “

(Seriously, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that - if loans are to be made by AA or whomever - that part of those loans are applied to reduce Q’s exposure )

Mike Ashley wants Derby for peanuts and is hoping Andy Appleby's group will fail.  The EFL and Q are now under pressure to get a deal done and thats to save face from previous balls up by both parties. I feel Andy Appleby will get the club and it will happen very quick. Bargain hunter Mike Ashley will turn his attention to Sheffield Utd which is closer to Shirebrook (Sports Direct HQ) than Derby.

The fixtures are released on Thursday and I feel there could be a big announcement on the Friday.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Mike Ashley wants Derby for peanuts and is hoping Andy Appleby's group will fail.  The EFL and Q are now under pressure to get a deal done and thats to save face from previous balls up by both parties. I feel Andy Appleby will get the club and it will happen very quick. Bargain hunter Mike Ashley will turn his attention to Sheffield Utd which is closer to Shirebrook (Sports Direct HQ) than Derby.

The fixtures are released on Thursday and I feel there could be a big announcement on the Friday.

115 million is some gamble if their not promoted next season.