The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I am taking the silence as a positive.

There are 2 bidders for the stadium, one from someone local, one from someone overseas. 

If either of these reach an agreement by Saturday, Kirchner is in.

If they don't it will be Ashley next week.

All second or third hand information I've heard from a couple of people who would know more than most but there we go. Not really new information, but reassuring to have it confirmed by people I trust.

I hadn’t heard anything about an overseas buyer of the stadium unless Kirchner is in for it. 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's always an exception to the rule. It would be great if we can survive and then miraculously thrive to reach the Premier League on a shoestring, but that's what the other 71 clubs are hoping too. 

Moved the goalposts there mate! You said you didn't think CK has the financial wherewithwal to take us forward and that's the point I addressed. I've no PL delusions at this point, I'm simply hoping CK can first offer stability, then a return to the Championship. Any thoughts concerning the PL seem pretty irrelevant at this point. 

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

It isn't. He left EMA on the 9th, did a couple of circles around Dubai before onwards to Don Mueang International on the top side of Bangkok. The plane hasn't left there that airport since. https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ac6ab6&lat=30.069&lon=27.272&zoom=4.0&showTrace=2022-05-09

be a while before we’re a carbon neutral club 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

I may have imagined this but didn't CK say he had bought and sold at the right time? Hence his wealth.

Some people are born lucky I brought in a week before Russia invaded Ukraine and it's been down ever since, hence why the Mrs and kids are leaving ?

On 10/05/2022 at 11:33, Red Ram said:

So much of this is factually incorrect it's hard to know where to start but here goes anyway:-

(1) The EFL don't sign off accounts - the club's auditors do. The independent panel found that Derby did not make their anomolous amortisation policy sufficiently clear at the time. That's why we were ultimately hit with a retrospective points deduction further down the line.

(2) We breached FFP in 3 of 4 consecutive periods. The sanction for this, according to EFL rules (that we signed up to!), is a points deduction. By the letter of the law the EFL could have legimately deducted between 14 and 17 points so we actually got off lightly with 9.

(3) There's no vendetta. Other clubs have also been hit with points deductions for breaching EFL rules e.g. Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan, Birmingham and Reading (and they also sing 'Duck the EFL'). Again, we signed up to these rules just like these other clubs did and they all knew the consequences of breaching them just like we did.

(4) The EFL were not in a position to do anything about the Boro (or Wycombe claim) - it was between the two clubs. It's unrealisic to except the EFL to take sides in a dispute between two member clubs. You're basically saying they should have taken Derby's side. The framework for football governance needs to be changed to prevent claims like Boro's being made going forward but that is not supported by the rules as they stand.

In summary, blaming the EFL is like blaming the breathlyser when you get done for drunk driving. It quite simply represents a complete failure to take responsibility for the club's own actions.

We may well be on the verge of liquidation. If this happens, this is down to our lifelong fan owner and no-one else.

Hopefully though, we are on the verge of a new era with Kirchner. He's on record as saying he wants a constructive relationship with the EFL. It's time to draw a line under this and stop blaming the EFL for Mel Morris's misdemeanours.

Let's not be that club any more. We're better than that. I sincerely hope...

Not so suree about point 4. The claim by Mr Gibson that Middlesbrough (and Wycombe by association [with Gibson’s coat-tails]) lost out because of Derby County’s “cheating” was with the EFL, because Gibson wanted greater punishment than was issued, and applied earlier than it was. Derby couldn’t do anything about either of those because they both fell within the jurisdiction of the EFL. Indeed I believe he actually made his original claim against the EFL, who convinced him to go after Derby, because his success would have opened the floodgates for claims against the EFLuent. Derby County couldn’t decide what the punishment would be, neither could they decide when it should be applied. That was the EFL’s job, so in deflecting Gibson towards Derby County they looked after their own back while stabbing Derby in theirs.

Edited by DavesaRam

4 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

It isn't. He left EMA on the 9th, did a couple of circles around Dubai before onwards to Don Mueang International on the top side of Bangkok. The plane hasn't left there that airport since. https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ac6ab6&lat=30.069&lon=27.272&zoom=4.0&showTrace=2022-05-09

The Gulfstream I saw at EMA this morning was the same model as Kirchner's but on closer inspection had the registration N83CW, apparently owned by Costco Wholesale Corporation. 

6 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

The Gulfstream I saw at EMA this morning was the same model as Kirchner's but on closer inspection had the registration N83CW, apparently owned by Costco Wholesale Corporation. 

2 + 2 =…….

Costco are buying us, YES ?? ?? Get in ??????????

Does that mean we get discounts on Garden Patio furniture ??

3 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I am taking the silence as a positive.

There are 2 bidders for the stadium, one from someone local, one from someone overseas. 

If either of these reach an agreement by Saturday, Kirchner is in.

If they don't it will be Ashley next week.

All second or third hand information I've heard from a couple of people who would know more than most but there we go. Not really new information, but reassuring to have it confirmed by people I trust.

Because Mike Ashley has a magical solution to the stadium problem as well? Who on earth thinks Ashley will bid less for the club but quite willingly spend £22m on the ground?

The guy is a joker I'm afraid who is NOT serious about taking us over.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Because Mike Ashley has a magical solution to the stadium problem as well? Who on earth thinks Ashley will bid less for the club but quite willingly spend £22m on the ground?

The guy is a joker I'm afraid who is NOT serious about taking us over.

I actually think he is but like a vulture, picking up scraps......

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Are you trying to say there is a fairway to go in this deal yet? If so that's rough man. 

No - it’s in the bag

I believe a deal will get done. We will all see soon enough. But the comments and worry of CK not sat at some imaginary negotiation table is a bit much. 

Anyone in the position of a CK, Ashley, or even Mel- aren’t sat at negotiating tables at this stage of a deal. Their skill set is not needed at this point- just their signature. 

At this point it is down to lawyers, Accountants, etc to wrap up any deal. 

I believe a deal will get done, one way or another. But please don’t be concerned if CK isn’t sat in Derby at the moment. He has done his part,  now he waits just like us, so he can sign his name. 

Edited by Hanny