The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

So our prospective owner's exasperation and 'liking' anti morris tweets isn't because Morris is an obstacle? It's because he's doing everything he can to help a sale is it?  Everything we know points to the fact Morris is holding up our sale, so it's reasonable to assume such. We don't need to be in the room or have direct statements for this. 

I said you may be right but my real point is we wouldn’t benefit if he was prevented from owning his other businesses and therefore pursuing such action could be viewed as vindictive. 

If he was prevented from owning his other businesses would you be happy if he therefore chose to close them down even though it may result in a loss of income for HMRC and possibly peoples jobs? (I don’t really know the details of his other businesses). He’d probably try to sell them but would you be happy to take that risk for no gain?

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Meant to be a Mossad hit squad that did Captain Bob in. Allegedly.

I was working at the Stock Exchange at the time, and was (a little bit) involved in the anti-Maxwell protests, and made no secret of my contempt for the man. When I came into the office the day after the news of Cap'n Bob's final flotation, I was asked by my boss "Did you have a good time in the Canary Islands?"

10 minutes ago, Archie said:

Was merely judging Maxwell on his impact of our club not the wider public. That's That's different matter altogether.

You have to concede that Morris, during his tenure, has done much more than just 'adopting a non-standard amortisation policy'? 

I was referring only to things that could be regarded as against the rules. Stealing from pensioners is  a criminal act, and a particularly grievous one. Nothing Morris has done is unlawful, except arguably the amortisation thing and even that was extremely contentious as the IDC and many accountants see nothing wrong with it.  Anyway the news is Morris is meeting Kirchner tomorrow so let's hope something positive comes from that and other things going on over the next day or two. 

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Agreed - don’t think I could go to another ground and feel I was watching my team. After 25 years sitting in the same seat I can’t even move one seat to either side without feeling something’s not quite right - one or more seasons would be horrible. And that’s without having to go to somewhere like Stoke on a regular basis - urghhhh…..

If we end up ground sharing I’m pretty much done with professional football (at least until the Rams come back to the city) -and that’s assuming I haven’t gained a liking for following Mickleover by then…

I feel exactly the same, sat in my seat since pride park opened and couldnt go to a ground share.

1 minute ago, Kathcairns said:

I feel exactly the same, sat in my seat since pride park opened and couldnt go to a ground share.

That's so cool, I had mine for the first 6 years but travelling up from Brighton every other week was tough! Kudos to you ?

I hope the news about CK and MM meeting is true because it can only be positive. CK has tweeted before that his team have done all they can, so there would have been indirect negotiations between the two at the very least.

It's no secret that CK doesn't like MM, but I feel like part of that public criticism might be a way of alluring himself to the fans. He knows that right now he's the "enemy", so criticising him will only help us welcome him on board as "one of us".

However, MM has met with the previous enemy in Steve Gibson, and done some kind of deal to remove a previous obstacle. I highly doubt MM will be too keen on CK based on those comments, but why meet if he's not going to come to some kind of agreement?

I thanked Mel before when he met with Gibson and came to the agreement. I wouldn't do that again if he did come to an agreement with Kirchner, because previously I thought he still had the Club's best interests at heart. After the last few weeks, I no longer think that is the case. But he still has the chance to show that he cares about the Club as a fan rather than just a business interest. I hope he does the right thing.

29 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

That's so cool, I had mine for the first 6 years but travelling up from Brighton every other week was tough! Kudos to you ?

Are you originally from Derby. Well done to you, Brighton is a long way to come every other week. Think im to old and set in my ways to ground share??