The Administration Thread

Boycie

29 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

People moaning about fees for the admins - personally they've done a good job and looks like they could have #savedderbycounty

Isn't that what we all wanted? There's no price to put on that.

They appear to have done a job and prevented the club from being liquidated (assuming the sale goes through) but I'm not sure any of us can say for certain if they could have done better or not. Their communication skills could have been better and we'll never know if they could have achieved a sale any faster (although, in order to maximise their fees, it perhaps wasn't in their interests to do so).

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Perhaps they're a better example of a parasite than Boro and Wycombe.

To be fair (and I mean that figuratively) Quantuma's claim so far is lower than either of those clubs and they've at least had to do SOME work for it.

But yeah, it's a rip off. Kirchner (or the creditors in the case of a liquidation) can of course contest the final bill in Court, should he/they choose to. 

43 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think so. The nine point deduction was already agreed with Morris and the 12 point one was automatic and never really challenged. Doesn’t say much for quantuma negotiating skills.

The nine point deduction wasn't agreed with Morris - unless you have evidence to prove otherwise - because it was only applied in November?

Rooney says that "every one of the players wants to stay".

Says that we can put numbers to players in principle once the EFL approves CK's business plan, but can't make actual offers until the takeover is fully completed:

"Once that is, and the other issue, which I think everyone is aware of, the stadium, which the council are trying to purchase, then I think that is when hopefully in the next couple of weeks Chris [Kirchner] can take over but until they are resolved we can't put any numbers in front of players."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-rooney-kirchner-efl-6986715

Let's just hope the players are happy to stick around and wait for these formal offers ?

Edited by Scott129

22 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The nine point deduction wasn't agreed with Morris - unless you have evidence to prove otherwise - because it was only applied in November?

It was agreed with Q, As long as Q wouldn't take the points deduction any further and the EFL wouldn't punish us anymore ?

3 hours ago, Derbados said:

Is Steve Mcclaren still with the club? Did I miss him leaving at some point??

apparently on his way to old Trafford to join Ten Hags coaching staff 

He was made redundant by Quantuma in October. But they said at the time that he volunteered to stick around free-of-charge to advise/help in whatever way he could.

In the interest of balance Wigan’s administrators fees were just short of £2.3M.  If we come out of admin in June it will be a similar time period but for a far more complex case, which Gerald Krasner said himself in his Radio Derby interviews.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/the-eye-watering-full-costs-of-wigan-athletics-administration-3232926

And let’s not forget, CK has agreed to these as part of his business plan.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Percy claimed this just before we went into admin. 

Derby County fans all say the same thing about fresh sanctions update - Derbyshire Live (derbytelegraph.co.uk)

Link doesn't seem to work but from derby telegraph on 9 September.

Edited by PistoldPete

3 hours ago, Bobby said:

I have just read the last few pages since it has been mentioned that HMRC and MSD debts have increased and no one has mentioned this or even acknowledged it, for me that has set off massive alarm bells, surely this increases the purchase price considerably? That’s even if HMRC agree to deferred payments.

QPR fan continues to WUM. You don’t care Bobby. Go and find your entertainment elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

So the Bill to HMRC has gone up - is that because money due this season hasn’t been passed on? Is that how it works whilst in administration? Or is this newly discovered/claimed?

i genuinely have no idea!

I know that HMRC start charging all us self-employed people interest the day after tax is due , but £8 million in 18 months would seem ridiculous.