The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Isn't the other attractive part about being a phoenix club here that you could start in League 2 (or wherever) with whatever business plan you like, and spend as much money as you like? We could outclass everyone in the division and put on a real spectacle for the fans

Or alternatively - you buy the club out of admin and we'd (almost certainly) be in League 1, with possibly -15 points and definitely a strict curb on any spending plans. We'd be forced to operate at the same level as the rest of the league in terms of wages - and therefore the quality of player we could attract. We'd literally be dragged down to the level of L1 cloggers by the vindictive EFL muppets. 

Which of these scenarios would sound the most attractive to you as a potential buyer/investor, cos I know what I'd pick

In my opinion, the only attractive thing about being a Phoenix club would be the opposite.

It would give us a chance to be a truly fan owned club, not beholden to the whim and whimsy of a passing businessman, but a truly fan driven project, that spent what it earned and not a penny more.

If that model could only take us so far, and I suspect at this moment it would only be an occasional flirtation with the Championship, so be it. 

It would be our club again, for the first time in many decades.

Our success would depend on our engagement of both the local community, and pulling in fans from farther afield looking for something different in the cesspit of football generally. 

We have a fanatical local fanbase, a fading but still resonant history, a reasonable ground if it can be reunited with the team that currently play in it!

We shouldn't be looking at becoming a Mike Ashley's Newcastle pt II, we should be aiming for an English version of St Pauli.

Edited by Rev

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

In my opinion, the only attractive thing about being a Phoenix club would be the opposite.

It would give us a chance to be a truly fan owned club, not beholden to the whim and whimsy of a passing businessman, but a truly fan driven project, that spent what it earned and not a penny more.

If that model could only take us so far, and I suspect at this moment it would only be an occasional flirtation with the Championship, so be it. 

It would be our club again, for the first time in many decades.

Our success would depend on our engagement of both the local community, and pulling in fans from farther afield looking for something different in the cesspit of football generally. 

We have a fanatical local fanbase, a fading but still resonant history, a reasonable ground if it can be reunited with the team that currently play in it!

We shouldn't be looking at becoming a Mike Ashley's Newcastle pt II, we should be aiming for an English version of St Pauli.

Or Salford city, perhaps Wayne would like to emulate the old United players that take a club from nowhere to glory

When we do set the ball rolling on the phoenix club?

if nothing else it might sharpen the focus if, all of sudden, a new club is formally created, If we don’t need to use it we haven’t lost anything.

it’s getting to the point where drawing a line under this might be the best way forward. 

Edited by dantheram

2 hours ago, dantheram said:

When we do set the ball rolling on the phoenix club?

if nothing else it might sharpen the focus if, all of sudden, a new club is formally created, If we don’t need to use it we haven’t lost anything.

it’s getting to the point where drawing a line under this might be the best way forward. 

How many Phoenix clubs will there be. It will be a right old mess with different groups trying to claim to be the one. 

19 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Not sure how this will pan out any longer, but I start to feel like if our club goes under, that's me done with sport entirely. Not sure I have it in me to care if the world has no DCFC in it.

Same for me with football except watching the kids stuff. However I am sure I will not be able to resist a Phoenix club eventually but that very much depends who owns it and how it is run. If the childish bickering and point scoring sometimes between the different fan groups is in evidence at all - forget it. I think a Punjabi rams vibe phoenix would be spot on

I think people have the wrong idea about the phoenix club option. 

It won't be fan owned or fan instituted. There won't be different versions - they would be rival new clubs.

What will happen is The Derby County Football Club Ltd will go into liquidation. The new owner will buy the name 'Derby County Football Club' and all the associated trade marks and rights. They will then be owned by a new company who will run a team which will be called Derby County Football Club, have the same badge and be indistinguishable from the existing club. The new club will be entirely free of all the liabilities of the old.

The new owners will have to negotiate a league to play in and a stadium and training ground to use. The noises indicate League 2 is the most likely league. It would be surprising if some deal couldn't be stuck for Moor Farm and Pride Park.

Then there's the small matter of needing a squad. All the existing players would have been either released or had their registrations sold by the EFL to pay off the footballing debts. I suspect a few of the released players would sign for the Phoenix club, but we'd still need 95% of a new squad.

It would still be Derby County in sight, sound and feel though. The interesting question is, would we still count as founder members of the league? Do Accrington Stanley? I think we would if we told everyone we were. 

COYR

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It won't be fan owned or fan instituted. There won't be different versions - they would be rival new clubs.

What will happen is The Derby County Football Club Ltd will go into liquidation. The new owner will buy the name 'Derby County Football Club' and all the associated trade marks and rights. They will then be owned by a new company who will run a team which will be called Derby County Football Club, have the same badge and be indistinguishable from the existing club. The new club will be entirely free of all the liabilities of the old.

The new owners will have to negotiate a league to play in and a stadium and training ground to use. The noises indicate League 2 is the most likely league. It would be surprising if some deal couldn't be stuck for Moor Farm and Pride Park.

Then there's the small matter of needing a squad. All the existing players would have been either released or had their registrations sold by the EFL to pay off the footballing debts. I suspect a few of the released players would sign for the Phoenix club, but we'd still need 95% of a new squad.

It would still be Derby County in sight, sound and feel though. The interesting question is, would we still count as founder members of the league? Do Accrington Stanley? I think we would if we told everyone we were. 

COYR

Good post. I think we would still be a founding member. Is there a Derby County as a founding member ? Would the new club be called Derby County? Didn’t Rolls Royce go bust but now it’s still here as Rolle Royce. The club would be the same. Hopefully it won’t come to it though. Worrying how many chancers Derby has attracted though. Huge shame what’s happening. 

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

COYR

Derby County Football Club will always be one of the founding members of the league - it's already happened and can't be undone....

38 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Same for me with football except watching the kids stuff. However I am sure I will not be able to resist a Phoenix club eventually but that very much depends who owns it and how it is run. If the childish bickering and point scoring sometimes between the different fan groups is in evidence at all - forget it. I think a Punjabi rams vibe phoenix would be spot on

I’m  with you. I will always have y memories of The Rams and that can’t be taken away.

I think I need to see what it looks and feels like if a new club is founded 

if it’s a  new club then I’m not sure which league it ends up in. It won’t be in the big time for a long time but who cares.

Edited by StrawHillRam

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

All comes down to personal perspective doesn't it. To me the club would still be the same club, just as to me Rangers are still the same Rangers. I support the football club, not a limited company. 

Many people disagree, or pretend they do, mainly rival fans of opposition clubs as Rangers fans have found out.

I'd still hazard a guess that 99% of "old" Rangers fans enjoyed "new" Rangers title success last season just the same, if not more.

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

COYR

Exactly this in my opinion including the remaining at PP scenario. Not sure about L2 though but, who knows. The big complication and question mark for me would be: would a Phoenix club really be ready to start the 2022/23 season? I’m not sure it would. If it wasn’t, creating a place in whatever league it is placed in becomes more difficult the higher up the pyramid.

And before folk start wading in with their “stop being a doom and gloom merchant” posts, this is obviously just my view IF we were to go into liquidation. I do think we’ll be saved but, if I was a betting man, with the 15 point deduction.

I suspect we are at and impasse again.

I think the bids have come in, less than is needed to avoid the 15 point deduction. With a proviso that the club isn’t subject to a deduction.

With the EFL and Admin working on how that might work. They may be saying we can work with that, if you go down to league 1, but if you are in the championship you start on -15. 

Just a theory but there is clearly a problem with all the bids with this amount of silence. 

40 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

—------------

Accrington Stanley weren't founder members of the football league. Accrington were. Accrington Stanley were formed later. 

A Notts Forest fan in work keeps saying to me, if you fold and start again, all that history is gone because it is not the same club. You start from scratch. Better than nothing of course but surely not better than starting in league 1 next season with the minus points? 

Edited by Ramifications

9 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

Or Salford city, perhaps Wayne would like to emulate the old United players that take a club from nowhere to glory

In the last few weeks Wayne has gone from an inspirational and defiant motivator to grumbling about referees and about Q’s failure to keep him in the loop. I worry his frame of mind is not positive enough to do as you’re suggesting 

Let's be fair, there was tremendous momentum and then when the Boro claim was dealt with we all felt that it was the beginning of the end.

We are now countless weeks down the line and the incompetent Q are still no nearer the end point. Fans have simply had enough and there is zero enthusiasm, simply a resignation to the liklihood that the club will cease to exist very soon.

Personally I'm at the point now where I simply don't care anymore and want rid of this whole shambles and start again.

Everyone has had chance to sort this mess out and they have all failed miserably. Bigger issues going on in the world so this has very much taken a back seat. Everyday I've been hopeful that today may be the day but alas not.

How we have ended up at this mess is down to one man and the demise lies at his door. I don't know the reasons why the sale hasnt happened but it is clear that everyone isn't doing their upmost to close the deal. 

The potential buyers should not be seen as the bad guys. Something is only worth what folk are willing to pay. If they offer low you have to compromise.

So very very sad but we have to draw a line and move on. It will take 20 years to get back but we need to start now...

Edited by Ram a lamb a ding dong