The Administration Thread

Boycie

Aside
To the mods.....get a grip here.

This is 2022 not the middle ages.

There are too many posts (> 0 is too many), presumably from men, offering up "their women" to whoever takes over the club.

We are all desperate for a takeover to be completed but there is no need for - and no humour in - these offensive posts.

Edited by IslandExile

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Aside
To the mods.....get a grip here. This is 2022 not the middle ages.

There are too many posts (> 0 is too many), presumably from men, offering up "their women" to whoever takes over the club.

We are all desperate for a takeover to be completed but there is no need for - and no humour in - these offensive posts.

I haven't got time to mop up sexist comments,  I am too busy making cups of tea for the other mods! 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's a bit unfair to those fans who came to the Birmingham game. Lots incidentally from other clubs but many Derby fans who travelled the length of the country (and further!) to get there. Can't necessarily do the same for a midweek fixture.

I appreciate anyone extra who turns up at a time when money is tight for many. There were a row of eight in front of me last night who weren't regulars. Made lots of noise and really enjoyed themselves. I hope they'll be back when they can.

The DCCT initiative will make a visible increase in numbers for the Peterborough game - the first one for which it applies- and hopefully for the rest of the season.

I think we're doing a good job when you look around other grounds in the division. 

I was at the Brum game with the missus and two kids, I work full time nights so midweek games are a no go.....I also live in Brigg, North Lincs, the cost for tickets and travel and everything inbetween is alot, so can't get to as many games as I would like......but my love, passion, and support for this team, I dare anyone to say is not the same as those that can get to games week in week out quite insulting, the support at the Birmingham game was the best I've heard since Brighton in the playoffs (I was a season ticket holder that year and my son who was 5 at the time) from the info I trawl on social media it seems this has continued.....22000 there last night, but what a support and what a noise....all in it together, we fight till the end ???

11 hours ago, Yani P said:

You would think any potential owner would want this all done and dusted to secure the long term futures of these young players.

Good point. The ability to sign up the cream of our soon-to-be-free-agent playing squad and secure the future economic rights of holding their playing registrations could easily be more valuable than the potential cost of any compensation claims from the claimant clubs.

30 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not an option when 8,000 fans just disappeared last night in our time of need.They probably watched it on telly , but that doesn’t help DCFC. I think we have a lot of Commadore fans - Once , twice , three times a season.?. Mike Ashley will be looking and realise he is not going to sell 20,000 shirts to Rams fans.

Not fair. Midweek games are always tricky for many. There was an announcement to hull fans that the 10.15 train .. a bit of stretch to catch anyway when game finishes late  would be bus only from Sheffield. So goodness know when they got home. 

many rams fans too have tricky journeys .. David has to get to Grimsby poor guy. I mean I pity him living in Grimsby anyway. 

3 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

I was at the Brum game with the missus and two kids, I work full time nights so midweek games are a no go.....I also live in Brigg, North Lincs, the cost for tickets and travel and everything inbetween is alot, so can't get to as many games as I would like......but my love, passion, and support for this team, I dare anyone to say is not the same as those that can get to games week in week out quite insulting, the support at the Birmingham game was the best I've heard since Brighton in the playoffs (I was a season ticket holder that year and my son who was 5 at the time) from the info I trawl on social media it seems this has continued.....22000 there last night, but what a support and what a noise....all in it together, we fight till the end ???

Brigg, You DO NOT need to exlain as to why you were not there last night, You're support on here is good enough for me ?

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's a bit unfair to those fans who came to the Birmingham game. Lots incidentally from other clubs but many Derby fans who travelled the length of the country (and further!) to get there. Can't necessarily do the same for a midweek fixture.

I appreciate anyone extra who turns up at a time when money is tight for many. There were a row of eight in front of me last night who weren't regulars. Made lots of noise and really enjoyed themselves. I hope they'll be back when they can.

The DCCT initiative will make a visible increase in numbers for the Peterborough game - the first one for which it applies- and hopefully for the rest of the season.

I think we're doing a good job when you look around other grounds in the division. 

Look at the attendances at the start of the season too.

Reading and Middlesbrough at home were in the 16s, if memory serves.

People are still getting their confidence back around Covid, and myriad other reasons - attendances are down across the league.

Why the Ashley love in?

He says he wants you, then he doesn’t want you, then he wants you again? He wants to put you in cheap jewellery, because it’ll do. He will take us for nights out in ‘Flares’ but never for a meal. He does no work around the house and offers to pay for a cleaner to it for him, paid in cash ofcourse.  His long term ex is telling us to stay away as he slowly broke the m down. They were richer than ever, but money doesn’t replace happiness.

But no, you’ll run to him at the first sniff that he’s interested and because it’s easy.

In all seriousness, sorry but I don’t get it when there are other candidates just as strong.

Edited by TuffLuff

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Aside

But there is humour. Look at the laughter responses they are getting. It might not be your kind of humour, but it is humour nontheless. No binding contracts are being offered. No women are being actually hurt in the making of this humour. I wouldnt go onto Mumsnet if you really want to avoid nasty or bitchy female jibes. A real vipers nest is that Forum. Anyway, Administration .......

Edited by i-Ram

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

In all seriousness, sorry but I don’t get it when there are other candidates just as strong.

It's just that he's a known entity to many supporters.

Better the devil you know than the darling you don't.

EDIT: That said, I do think his particular business model for club ownership would serve DCFC very well. I think he'd be an excellent fit to reposition the club to a sustainable - and exciting - future.

Edited by StarterForTen
Added a postscript...

20 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Aside

Ok I will offer to have Mike Ashley’s babies if he takes us over. 

33 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sorry, probably a bit harsh. But I know too many fans who love a free ticket but won’t stump up themselves.

It is harsh, maybe they can't afford to go?

Understand the club is in it's hour of need, but in a time where energy prices are going through the roof some people are being pushed to the brink as it is.

Whilst foodbanks are also a thing, I couldn't sit here and criticise any fan from only attending if they received a free ticket.

Football or feed the kids and heat the house?

Punjabi Rams and now DCCT understand this and are helping give out free tickets from money raised with no expectations.

For what it's worth 22k was still the largest attendance of the night, 5k above what Stoke pulled in and 7k more than Coventry who are only 4pts out the top 6 with a game in hand.

Looking at the fixtures tonight, can only see one game topping that with Sheff Utd v QPR.

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So as supposed the claims are not debts, but cannot be ignored ie they might become debts and then would be football debts.

But this says that the Admin can go to the High Court? How and why aren't they?

Because Mel has offered on their behalf instead? And I think Efl once again twisting things the claims have not been ignored. They have been assessed by the court appointed practitioners and deemed to be of no value. 

44 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not an option when 8,000 fans just disappeared last night in our time of need.They probably watched it on telly , but that doesn’t help DCFC. I think we have a lot of Commadore fans - Once , twice , three times a season.?. Mike Ashley will be looking and realise he is not going to sell 20,000 shirts to Rams fans.

Mid week and match on Sky. Attendances have dropped across all clubs for mid week in last few years and probably there are people still fearful of COVID. Last night, Stoke had under 18,000, Fulham and Coventry had 16,000. All those teams doing well and relegation threatened Derby easily getting more. 

47 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Hey, Easy with your Commodore jibes Jim. Us half fans might buy shirts too. Now Sail On.

2 minutes ago, David said:

It is harsh, maybe they can't afford to go?

Understand the club is in it's hour of need, but in a time where energy prices are going through the roof some people are being pushed to the brink as it is.

Whilst foodbanks are also a thing, I couldn't sit here and criticise any fan from only attending if they received a free ticket.

Football or feed the kids and heat the house?

Punjabi Rams and now DCCT understand this and are helping give out free tickets from money raised with no expectations.

For what it's worth 22k was still the largest attendance of the night, 5k above what Stoke pulled in and 7k more than Coventry who are only 4pts out the top 6 with a game in hand.

Looking at the fixtures tonight, can only see one game topping that with Sheff Utd v QPR.

This should help for the next home game

https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/Rams-Family-Fund

24 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Aside

Mods - get a grip here….this is 2022 and people should not be throwing around sexist statements eg “presumably from men” and gender/sexuality based assumptions, eg “their women” when exes were mentioned. 

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Brigg, You DO NOT need to exlain as to why you were not there last night, You're support on here is good enough for me ?

Cheers Alf........appreciate that mate....but you know what mate..... I'm appreciating the whole Support them lads pulling on the shirt with the Ram on there chest and the management and coaches that are giving there all for us fans, I genuinely am emotional and I mean tears with pride......this squad, no matter what, will go down in Derby County Folklore ?