The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 hours ago, BoroWill said:

Thanks for the reply, I'm really not here to have a slanging match or an argument. I've been following this thread for a while and just wanted to log back in to try and give a bit of our side, which I hope I can do.

1) No, despite the clearly inflated price the stadium was sold for this was deemed to be within the rules by the EFL even after appeals. If we have an issue with that aspect we should be pursuing the EFL.

2) See above.

3) I think the EFL have handled the situation terribly since the start (and I mean the end of the 18/19 season when they had access to your accounts that have since been found to be against the rules). As for why Boro/Gibson dropped any action against the EFL, I believe the prospective case was about them not enforcing their own rules properly. By giving you a fine and points deduction that would make our case pointless as at that point they have enforced their rules.

I think the dislike towards your club/fans (which I don't share) stems from a few things. Since 18/19 a number of your fans on social media revelled in the fact that Mel Morris had the whole league "on strings" and could do whatever he pleased, when Gibson originally raised his concerns over your spending these same people aimed abuse and mockery at him. As I'm sure you're aware, Steve Gibson is extremely well liked by Middlesbrough fans, so seeing him take abuse for pointing out that someone was cheating definitely got a lot of our fans backs up. Seeing him now being portrayed as the villain by many who also drank Mel's kool-aid is pretty irksome too I'd imagine, he told you that you were cheating, he told you that Mel was a liar, and now he has been proven correct he still gets abuse.

3 things:-

1 - The 'clearly inflated price' comment regarding the stadium, I assume you are a commercial property valuer? What is the correct value please?

2 - The 'your accounts that have since been found to be against the rules' comment, can you please show me where our accounts were found to have been against the rules?

3 - Would you be ok with the EFL retrospectively investigating Boro for selling their tax losses to an associated company and recording it as profit to give themselves more financial headroom?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

3 things:-

1 - The 'clearly inflated price' comment regarding the stadium, I assume you are a commercial property valuer? What is the correct value please?

2 - The 'your accounts that have since been found to be against the rules' comment, can you please show me where our accounts were found to have been against the rules?

3 - Would you be ok with the EFL retrospectively investigating Boro for selling their tax losses to an associated company and recording it as profit to give themselves more financial headroom?

Does he think 21 points deduction, 3 year transfer embargo, not allowed to renew contracts, losing 9 players in the transfer window is sufficient punishment for a dodgy judgement on our accounts ?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

You missed my point Pete. At what juncture did Morris come out and say that he had racked up a 40 million plus bill with HMRC.

So the reasonable inference would be that it was getting paid by him.

It was £28 million and he said this in May 2021 after the end of a full season with no fans attending and having to pay full player wages 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It was £28 million and he said this in May 2021 after the end of a full season with no fans attending and having to pay full player wages 

Am sure we owe HMRC over 40 million not 28 million as you've quoted but will bow to your superior knowledge if that is the case 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am sure we owe HMRC over 40 million not 28 million as you've quoted but will bow to your superior knowledge if that is the case 

It's £26 million. Please stop posting stuff like this Tyler. I know it's not your intention to do so but it's going to upset some folk and frankly, that's not helpful given how stressed some folk are already. It takes only 10 seconds to check after all.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Statement of affairs shows DCFC owes £26m for PAYE and 554k for VAT. Academy owes £914k for PAYE. Sevco 5112 owes £657k for PAYE. So that’s just over £28m. 

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

It's £26 million. Please stop posting stuff like this Tyler. I know it's not your intention to do so but it's going to upset some folk and frankly, that's not helpful given how stressed some folk are already. It takes only 10 seconds to check after all.

I've forgotten what my original point was now to be fair.....to paraphrase Clint Eastwood in all of this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. 

3 hours ago, BoroWill said:

Mel Morris is well aware that pursuing him as a former director of a limited company is impossible, it is an empty offer. As I said earlier, if Morris is genuinely interested in helping you exit administration by dealing with claims then he can indemnify the club against our claim.

And if Gibson wanted to help us then he'd stop jousting with a former director preventing us from exiting administration 

This has been put to you numerous times now without response so you must see our issue with Gibson and know that you can't defend his actions. 

Because it was easy to do so when you were believing we were blaming Gibson for administration instead of Morris

But much harder to paint him as a real great honest stand up guy when he blatantly being an utter Bamford to thousands of people in his pen and paper fight with one person

5 hours ago, BoroWill said:

For those who were asking earlier where the animosity from Boro fans towards Derby fans comes from, it's stuff like this ?

You're owner is doing his best to kill our football club. Why are you surprised that Derby fans are expressing their dissatisfaction ?

I hope Boro fc goes the same way and see how you like it when we start putting spurious claims in against you for some bs vendetta cos your owner didnt like being challenged. If our club dies because of Gibson i wish nothing but misfortune on your entire town.