The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

This situation is just completely maddening, it’s the first thing I think about, it’s the last thing I think about, and it’s there the whole time in between for good measure. I’m sure I’m only one of many people feeling this way.

I saw this tweet and thought it was interesting and a good idea.

I’ve looked myself on street view, there’s actually 2 billboards (if they’re still there) and they both face EFL House one says ‘ClearChannel’ one says ‘primesight’.

I think tomorrow one thing we could do is look to find out how much it would cost to advertise on them both and crowdfund it? Make it crystal clear we’re not going away quietly and they can’t ignore us as it’s right in front of them.

Its a great idea. This lad is already in touch with the Blackpool lot who did a similar thing and has contacted the advertising company that leases the billboard for how much it might cost.

I've asked him to join up on here and you can see what he's doing on Twitter @Simon Whetton.

I used to work with him and he's a sound lad.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I am appalled by it.

I've posted that I cannot see how an unresolved claim can be considered as a debt.

I have started a thread suggesting those with access to the Administrators press them to take legal action. However, several knowledgeable folks believe that will now happen without us having to campaign for them to do so.

I hope they're right. I fear for our club.

You are so right how can an unresolved claim be deemed as a debt .

7 Million being bandied about as if was nothing .

Crazy 

26 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Nor does it say that their original claim was against the valuation of PP that the LAP rejected in October 2020.  And as @duncanjwitham has said, when they launched their 2nd claim we actually hadn’t been found guilty of anything and it hadn’t been proven we had breached P&S.

This is very important

53 minutes ago, R@M said:

Just reading the Blackpool piece and found this….

https://www.theifo.co.uk/contact-us.html

The Independent Football Ombudsman

WTF? There is a complaint form. We should send in thousands…why have I not heard them mentioned or involved?

I’ve emailed…..

investigation into the EFL and it’s dealings with regard to DCFC :
1. Efl approve the stadium sale then subsequently charge DCFC
2. Efl approve amortisation method, sign off two years accounts then subsequently charge DCFC in response to MFC threats to sue EFL.
3. MFC drop their threat to sue the EFL
4. EFL lose case against DCFC. Nb accountant on the panel
5. EFL appeal and appoint a new panel with no accountant.
6. EFL win case
7. DCFC have no right of appeal
8. DCFC go into administration.
9. Middlesbrough and Wycombe announce intention to claim against DCFC.
20. Such “claims” prevent DCFC exiting admin.
21. After 4 months of delaying the EFL finally decide the “claims” have to be settled by DCFC. Interesting this eventual decision, comes days after the transfer window has closed and maximum disruption to DCFC.
22. How can an unsubstantiated “claim” by other clubs be deemed as a bona fide creditor, and a football creditor that takes precedence over other creditors even HMRC.
23. EFL rules preclude claims between member clubs.
24. As for the claims, if you look into the detail, you will see they are pure fantasy and clearly just a chance to make money, or more sinister and an attempt to actually put DCFC into liquidation. And apparently aided and abetted by the EFL
Thank you for your time.
Regards

Odd as this may seem, I have restrained myself from commenting throughout all of this uncertainty.

However, I'm breaking my silence now.

I know no more or no less than anyone else - but of this I'm certain.

After that statement from the EFL there are two possible endings to this.

1) The demise of the EFL.

or

2) The demise of DCFC as we know it.

The High Court will decide.

Bill

1 minute ago, Bill Curry said:

Odd as this may seem, I have restrained myself from commenting throughout all of this uncertainty.

However, I'm breaking my silence now.

I know no more or no less than anyone else - but of this I'm certain.

After that statement from the EFL there are two possible endings to this.

1) The demise of the EFL.

or

2) The demise of DCFC as we know it.

The High Court will decide.

Bill

3) The demise of both.

No way does the EFL come out of this smelling of roses - whether Derby survive or not.

I think what looked to be one of our biggest issues, could be one of our biggest saviours. Hear me out.

As it stands, the EFL's position could stop HMRC getting a penny, in spite of their new increased status in football insolvency. That motivates them to get involved, to get some taxpayer pounds back. If the EFL, by not allowing Derby to effectively ignore the claims (not debts, yet), don't let HMRC to collect even 25p in the £ + any future revenue if the club becomes solvent again... I can't see HMRC and government take that lying down. That was the whole point of moving them up the food chain.

It is a complete catch 22 for the admins. To carry out their legal duty they must act in the best interest of creditors incl HMRC. To do this they would need to rule out “claims” otherwise “creditors” get less. However if they do not deal with the claims and we know that would mean giving them money then the EFL are likely to punish the Club harshly and there is massive pressure on the admins for this not to happen. It seems they are going to try via the legal route to ensure the claims get zero or a negligible amount. My fear is the Club will be sacrificed as a punishment. What happened to the call for pragmatism. 

Personally dont get this at all where we not going to an arbitation panel this week to solve this and if not getting the right result going to a high court .Surely this new statement is no surprise as the efl have totake this stance so they dont get sued by gibson . Gibson is effectively running the efl right now through threat of sueing them and not us . 

Its down to the admins to get court action and FAST . I thought we would have the results of arbitation by tomorrow , the pace this is moving and lack of info from the course the admins are taking is shocking . 

Also on the march a cracking turn out but twhat has it really achieved ?  . What it needs is the same amount of people outside the efl headquarters with banners like " who is in charge of the efl parry or gibson . Only then will we poss get anywhere . It doesnt matter if no ones actually at the EFL its the news it creates and parry wont like his position being exposed and gibson wont like the implications . 

As sure as anything there is going to be massive trouble at middlesbrough and its going to reflect badly on us . 

Edited by NottsRammy