The Administration Thread

Boycie

49 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I like the thought process, and hope you are right. I suspect it just as likely that Quantuma are trying to make sure no one takes our trousers down on fees. It’s the 6th January. They might not have the same strength of purpose come the 26th.

Yup. It’s something like professional responsibility and that word “negotiation” 

Players not for sale ! Actually they are but we have multiple creditors to satisfy and a potential buyer to keep on board at the same time. …… Of course they are for sale but our heads don’t button up the back gentlemen. 

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Pure speculation ?

If you want pure speculation, Appleby offer comes with conditions due to the Boro and Wycombe claims. So Ashley has come in , balls on table with a no strings attached offer and will see Gibson and Couhig in Court. Which has upset Gibson no end. ITG (In the Guess).   

5 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

This time last year we sold Holmes and Evans because of financial problems. Rooney said “Anyone who wants to go , can”. This year he has said “Only if I say so”. Could Rooney have problems with the Administrators?

In what way would Rooney have problems with the Admin, WR is an Employee of the Admin, Admin call the shots, He'll be talking to them i'd have thought on a regular basis, Admin will be aware WR doesn't want to sell those that have given DCFC a small opportunity of survival, BUT!, If push comes to shove and cash is needed...players will be sold.

I'm of the mind all will be sorted imminently.

This is all getting a tad silly now .

I use to like the sound of the admins jib but im afraid to say i dont anymore .How many times have we heard the word imminent , i think the dictionary needs changing to what that word actually means .

We have had Kirchner pull out although i think he was trying to talk himself into ownership with a halfwit bid .

But now we have Appleby and co announcing basically its not them . 

Isnt it time for the admins to come out and make it clear to fans what the exact nature of the holdup is . Come on RADIO Derby do you job and push on this .........its all getting very worrying now .

5 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

I use to like the sound of the admins jib but im afraid to say i dont anymore .How many times have we heard the word imminent , i think the dictionary needs changing to what that word actually means .

We have had Kirchner pull out although i think he was trying to talk himself into ownership with a halfwit bid .

Isnt it time for the admins to come out and make it clear to fans what the exact nature of the holdup is . Come on RADIO Derby do you job and push on this .........its all getting very worrying now .

What??? in what way?

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Didn't the latest response to BAWT yesterday say something is happening in next few days, but if it doesn't they will explain what the hold up is?

Be patient, 4 months in administration for a football club is not long at all, and the mess we are/were in makes it especially difficult 

11 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

To be fair to them, they've been pretty consistent on the reasons. EFL initially, then HMRC and creditors with Boro and Wycomb on top.

4 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Come on RADIO Derby do you job and push on this

Just goes to show the calibre of local news, they should be pushing hard for answers, news that people want.

Yet they seem to be content on recycling the major papers rumours and/or making a whole article out of a couple sentences on Twitter:

How many times have we woke up to a post on our social feed with "Major Update" the first 3 out of 4 paragraphs are padding talking about the same stuff we've known for months, the point deduction, Kirchner pull out etc. Then at the very end of the article the "new" information on what Wayne Rooney tweeted about his dinner.

Local media is basically a glorified Press Gang now.

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

To be fair to them, they've been pretty consistent on the reasons. EFL initially, then HMRC and creditors with Boro and Wycomb on top.

But just possible now that Kirchner has come back into the frame. Otherwise can’t see why Appleby would say he was good to go ??    (itg)

13 hours ago, Ramarena said:

If this is true, then liquidation looks less likely/unlikely.

They’d be accepting offers to pay as much to all creditors, as soon as possible if liquidation was a distinct possibility, before the players registrations default to the EFL upon liquidation and only football creditors have access.

As others have mention preserving the value of the squad suggests there’s a deal in the offing!

?

It would surely depend on whether the received offer is good value not just a club who thinks we’re desperate trying to get our players on the cheap.

Have to remember that we would still be due a fee for under 23 players who move at the end of their contracts. The PFCC (Tribunal) awards are often a lot more generous than you may think. 

36 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

This time last year we sold Holmes and Evans because of financial problems. Rooney said “Anyone who wants to go , can”. This year he has said “Only if I say so”. Could Rooney have problems with the Administrators?

Not sure how you've arrived at that thought.  If he was having problems with them then a statement like "only if I say so" would be a bit naive. I think the reality is that Rooney recognises that players may need to be sold but the relationship with the Administrator is such that they would discuss any potential offers with Rooney and secure his (albeit reluctant) agreement first.

I think we're more likely to hear Rooney saying "I wanted xxxxxx to remain as part of the team but I recognise the need to raise funds......." rather than either "the administrator wanted to sell xxxxxx but I refused to let him go" or "I didn't want to sell xxxx but I had to because the Administrator said so"