West Bromwich Albion (H) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

We thought there were way more than 20,000 there. No doubt they had better control of the game and the better chances. But it reminded me of Fulham, we just would not lie down. You make your own luck 

Reminded me of the match against them at wembly. All west Bron but we managed to stay in the match and nicked the winner

10 hours ago, Foxy Ram said:

The 14 players who were on the field for today's win :

6 academy players
5 free signings
3 signings bought for under £1m combined

The 4 who didn't make it on:

3 academy players
1 free signing

Putting some Pride back into DCFC.

But I thought we had been overspending and that's why we are in administration? 

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It was 9 men against 12 today with neither Plange nor Baldock contributing after the opening 5 minutes and the ref absolutely desperate for the Baggies to win. I reckon 20+ terrible decisions, including not giving us the first half pen for handball. Everything went West Brom's way, but the Derby players didn't help themelves when stopping to look at the ref when an opposition player threw himself to the floor. But I guess they knew the whistle was inevitable. When Thompson was booked for his first foul, Knight pointed out to the ref that he'd already been fouled five times but no cards were given to the opposition. Hence Knighty had to draw on all his international experience when foul number six happened, to pirouette in midair to force the ref to give a yellow to one of the opposition. 

Seven minutes of second half injury time still wasn't enough to allow West Brom to score, though in part thanks to a good save from Allsop on 95 minutes.

Also, why didn't any of the Derby fans hop over the hoardings and nick the towels? Surely that was the right thing to do?

2 mins of those 7 were for Hugills head injury

It's been posted that some one in the East Stand knicked the towell

The rest of your post is clearly a rant against the referee...which I totally agree with ?

6 hours ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

That pretty much explains what it’s all about.  I started taking my son when he was about 5, used to pick him up when we scored. Can’t do that anymore as he is 17 and 6ft 3 ( I’m 5ft 7) .

But we were at old Trafford when we won on penalties and he picked me up and hugged me.  Can’t think of any other situation in life he would do this!!

football is more important than a tax bill !!

Bless em all

Bless em all

The long and the short and the tall

We'll see you assembley

When we get to Wembley

So score Derby score

17 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Decent battling performance, plenty of hard work defensively but precious little on offer going forwards.

Stearmans done well considering his lack of game time, Knight and Bird have shown a few glimpses but they are clearly overrun and the ball keeps going over their heads.

Need to hang on 2nd half, they’ve created chances but haven’t had the cutting edge to take them. We can’t rely on them fluffing their lines!

Ermmmm…

45 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Was all west Brom in our local, bizarrely (found out later that the guvnor was a baggie so had invited the Hampshire supporters club). 

Was all West Brom in the Mallorcan bar we'd earmarked after a reccy the evening before.  We immediately diverted to the much smaller, quieter bar next door, which by chance was already frequented by a large family of fellow Rams from Spondon.  Needless to say, we all got on splendidly, had a whale of a time, and an absolutely fantastic afternoon/evening.

Fair do's to the Baggies next door though.  They'd heard our celebrations (obvs!), and kindly came in to offer their congratulations, hand shakes, best wishes, and joined us for a swift one, before skulking off for an early night.

Must admit, whilst it was a fantastic day, in glorious sunshine, it did bring a tear to my eyes, watching everyone celebrate in the Wembley rain.  One of my bigger regrets, not actually being there!  ??

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Was all West Brom in the Mallorcan bar we'd earmarked after a reccy the evening before.  We immediately diverted to the much smaller, quieter bar next door, which by chance was already frequented by a large family of fellow Rams from Spondon.  Needless to say, we all got on splendidly, had a whale of a time, and an absolutely fantastic afternoon/evening.

Fair do's to the Baggies next door though.  They'd heard our celebrations (obvs!), and kindly came in to offer their congratulations, hand shakes, best wishes, and joined us for a swift one, before skulking off for an early night.

Must admit, whilst it was a fantastic day, in glorious sunshine, it did bring a tear to my eyes, watching everyone celebrate in the Wembley rain.  One of my bigger regrets, not actually being there!  ??

Me and my son were there. Travelled down from the West Midlands so in a train full of Baggies fans. They too were very friendly and chatty but a tad over confident that they would win. A bit more subdued on the train back ?

I had the cracking day at PP yesterday. I won a competition for 2 seats in an executive box, 4 course meal, great seats and free parking outside the main entrance for the game. Had a great time chatting about our mutual love of the Rams to the other winners and to top it all a deserved win over one of the supposedly best teams in the league! Made my Christmas it did! COYR.

2 hours ago, Rosythram said:

Nice to know we have members in the crowd who have time an inclination to count all people attending a game!

interesting takes on the attendance. It was much busier than usual in our area of West Stand. Lots of people coming up with kids, looking a bit lost as to where they were sitting. I think lots of Christmas gifts there!

Also, lower levels of North and East stands were very wet. I got to ground earlier than usual, and was watching people moving up the stands, away from the weather. Consequently, the stands looked fuller the further back you looked - can't see this very well on Sky, though! 

1 hour ago, Jayram said:

I had the cracking day at PP yesterday. I won a competition for 2 seats in an executive box, 4 course meal, great seats and free parking outside the main entrance for the game. Had a great time chatting about our mutual love of the Rams to the other winners and to top it all a deserved win over one of the supposedly best teams in the league! Made my Christmas it did! COYR.

Man posts like yours are what suppporting our team can bring.

Despite all the shizzle this season, you’ll remember this game forever.

C.O.Y.R 

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is unfair criticism. He's just back from injury and did the job that was asked of him, there wasn't a lot of possession coming his and Plange's way, midfield were struggling.

I get that, but I'm just saying that I watched the game but did not notice him on the ball or even mentioned on commentary. I did miss the first four minutes so maybe he did something then or had already been subbed. 

10 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I get that, but I'm just saying that I watched the game but did not notice him on the ball or even mentioned on commentary. I did miss the first four minutes so maybe he did something then or had already been subbed. 

My point was that whatever it seems about how he affected the game, what we have seen from all of the squad is that they try and give their best. Now it might be that it doesn't always seem effective, or not enough, but it doesn't negate the fact they are here and are trying, what more can a club in our state ask?

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

My point was that whatever it seems about how he affected the game, what we have seen from all of the squad is that they try and give their best. Now it might be that it doesn't always seem effective, or not enough, but it doesn't negate the fact they are here and are trying, what more can a club in our state ask?

If he was playing I would have liked him to get on the ball and ask to receive it from the midfield and make the runs down the channels or come short. Did he touch the ball or stretch the defenders across the back line? I didn't notice. CK gave them more problems in the last 20. 

Just now, oomarkwright said:

If he was playing I would have liked him to get on the ball and ask to receive it from the midfield and make the runs down the channels or come short. Did he touch the ball or stretch the defenders across the back line? I didn't notice. CK gave them more problems in the last 20. 

It was a 'different game' by then.