West Bromwich Albion (H) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Was all West Brom in the Mallorcan bar we'd earmarked after a reccy the evening before.  We immediately diverted to the much smaller, quieter bar next door, which by chance was already frequented by a large family of fellow Rams from Spondon.  Needless to say, we all got on splendidly, had a whale of a time, and an absolutely fantastic afternoon/evening.

Fair do's to the Baggies next door though.  They'd heard our celebrations (obvs!), and kindly came in to offer their congratulations, hand shakes, best wishes, and joined us for a swift one, before skulking off for an early night.

Must admit, whilst it was a fantastic day, in glorious sunshine, it did bring a tear to my eyes, watching everyone celebrate in the Wembley rain.  One of my bigger regrets, not actually being there!  ??

It's the only one of our Wembley appearances since the 1970s that I missed. 

Mother and younger brother were there (sounds a bit ask the family....) 

Watched this game in Nerja ( Spain ), sat with my wife and son, being told we were going down by a few WBA fans in attendance, all of a sudden a few east midland accents came in the pub and noticed the score, after a conversation with them the chant changed to   your staying down  the look on the Baggies fans faces made my day, and even the wife was laughing  UTRs

Random musings now the dust has settled

Matt Clarke .. still a tidy defender, still doing what he did for us … that lovely bring ball down to feet, trap it dead, send attacker the wrong way, play neat 10yd pass. Nice …..And just like his Derby days, Still heading it over over the bar with great consistency ?

Festy .. The thing about tackling.. It  isn’t about being tough and hard, although that does help .. it’s about timing. Festy was magic on at least 4 occasions .. extending a leg at just the right moment to remove the ball. His slide that resulted in a booking was in fact a beautifully executed and timed intervention. It wasn’t a foul and should never have been a yellow. I just loved it when he was subbed. He loved the ovation, the crowd loved giving it to him. It was deserved and the walk, the long way round, was joyful. Fans and players need each other.

Tommo. We talk about the difference between prem and championship being consistency - all those players who get called a one game in three … Tommo hasn’t had a bad game. He has been an aggressive, forward thinking contributor every minute he’s been on the pitch. He’s one of those rare players with superglue on his boots. I can’t wait for a full season in less stressed circumstances to see this boy grow.

Lastly .. the Music .. Everyone was dancing a jig full of happiness to sweet Caroline after the whistle, then half way though just before it could reach max celebration volume … some knob went and changed it to a generic unsingable pop tune. Whoever it was has no soul ! So sad ! 

14 minutes ago, jono said:

Matt Clarke .. still a tidy defender, still doing what he did for us … that lovely bring ball down to feet, trap it dead, send attacker the wrong way, play neat 10yd pass. Nice …..And just like his Derby days, Still heading it over over the bar with great consistency ?

Festy .. The thing about tackling.. It  isn’t about being tough and hard, although that does help .. it’s about timing. Festy was magic on at least 4 occasions .. extending a leg at just the right moment to remove the ball. His slide that resulted in a booking was in fact a beautifully executed and timed intervention. It wasn’t a foul and should never have been a yellow. I just loved it when he was subbed. He loved the ovation, the crowd loved giving it to him. It was deserved and the walk, the long way round, was joyful. Fans and players need each other.

Tommo. We talk about the difference between prem and championship being consistency - all those players who get called a one game in three … Tommo hasn’t had a bad game. He has been an aggressive, forward thinking contributor every minute he’s been on the pitch. He’s one of those rare players with superglue on his boots. I can’t wait for a full season in less stressed circumstances to see this boy grow.

Lastly .. the Music .. Everyone was dancing a jig full of happiness to sweet Caroline after the whistle, then half way though just before it could reach max celebration volume … some knob went and changed it to a generic unsingable pop tune. Whoever it was has no soul ! So sad ! 

Great observations. I have always loved Festy's timing of a tackle and was gutted he was booked for a perfect intervention. 

19 minutes ago, jono said:

When festy was taking his long walk, the south stand were asking him to start the bounce, I just thought please God no that’s going to look like you’re already celebrating, thankfully he just applauded them and walked on.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

When festy was taking his long walk, the south stand were asking him to start the bounce, I just thought please God no that’s going to look like you’re already celebrating, thankfully he just applauded them and walked on.

Yes I was thinking the same, so glad he showed the maturity to ignore it, plenty of time to celebrate afterwards.

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

Often try and watch the odd opponent fans you tube Vlog to get a different view..nice to see the WBA one bigging up the Derby spirit and home fans passion..the Bournemouth one was similar..thought we were the best supported home team they had visited by a mile..

Saw them too, the baggie defo was impressed with our support

8 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Watched this game in Nerja ( Spain ), sat with my wife and son, being told we were going down by a few WBA fans in attendance, all of a sudden a few east midland accents came in the pub and noticed the score, after a conversation with them the chant changed to   your staying down  the look on the Baggies fans faces made my day, and even the wife was laughing  UTRs

We're not exactly "well-travelled", but this is our fave place to be.
Just managed a cheeky week in Jan '20, before covid kicked in.  Not been back since... and we're certainly missing the place, if truth be told!

Which bar were you in?  

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We're not exactly "well-travelled", but this is our fave place to be.
Just managed a cheeky week in Jan '20, before covid kicked in.  Not been back since... and we're certainly missing the place, if truth be told!

Which bar were you in?  

Hi Mucker, cant remember the name of it ( hic hic  we won ) but it was just up from the Burriana beach,   I go to Nerja quit often as ive family living their, so was visiting for crimbo

I attended the WBA game as I needed to be in the UK for business, but disaster nearly struck as my youngest grand daughter had received tickets from her soccer coach to watch peterborough, fortunately after bribing her with some Rams goodies, ( track suit hoodie etc) she agreed to accompany me to pride park, happily I can now confirm that she is now a 100% Ramsfan.

she loved the “ music “ from the south stand but could not understand why the south stand were “bobbing” up and down. So henceforth the song should be “we are going to bob in a minute” and “if you can’t fxxing bob your a red”