Where Rooney ranks compared to other Rams managers

admira

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

This season has been very difficult but he certainly should have done better last season…..

Yes.

It's always hard to compare without context and against budgets and expectations.

The stats say Nigel Clough was unimpressive, most fans were pretty ground down by the years of austerity football, but the board were happy with him throughout because he was competitive for the budgets he had and managed a huge cost cutting and rebuild without tanking the club.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.  Context is all - are Arthur and Jim really only our 11th and 12th best managers?  I think most of us, even those not alive in those days, would have both in our top 4, for what they achieved over a long period of time.

Whatever else our Wayne has done or not done I cannot recall a single Derby manager having to face all the on and off field issues that he has had to face, and not over a short period of time either.  That he has done so with some success (and I include staying up last season as success), with a commitment that I didn't believe he would show and a drive and determination that all of our younger players would do well to note and apply during their own careers and I have him way up the list.  Add some onfield success and he will be in the top 5.

2 hours ago, admira said:

Since BC. Excluding caretakers with single figure games to their names.

On Points per game, Wazza is ranked 20/27. Behind Terry Westley and ahead of Phil Brown

On win percentage, he is 20=/27, same as Terry Westley and ahead of Colin Todd.

PPG

image.png.cef21cee73e1b91b16e41b1c61c6454d.png

Win %

image.png.e45f0bbb25714b1cf2e476c3b2178fa2.png

Surely you have got to take into account what divisions they were managers in. Everybody knows it's harder to win games in the prem.

5 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Brian Clough still is the greatest manager Derby County ever had his team won 2 titles at the highest level, no other Derby manager comes close, stats are a waste of time, winning titles is the name of the game.

Derby's major mistake letting him go.

He only won one with us of course, but I'm sure you know that given your user name!