Where Rooney ranks compared to other Rams managers

admira

24 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Stats of past Derby Managers are all different for lots of reasons. Players available, Transfer monies available, What league the team was playing in, Experience of the manager(in years of coaching etc). You can add all sorts of facts to each one, but few will argue the best man we had was Brian Clough in terms of sucesss.

There seems to be a lot of forum members slating Wayne, especially on last season. Well he certainly was a novice steering the club wearing "L Plates".  He now has a bigger task, no money, 21 points deducted, embargo's, club up for sale etc. But here's some current stats under Wayne's stewardship; 7 defeats (only 7 teams have lost less), 21 goals conceded (only 3 teams have conceded less), -3 goal difference (11 teams have a worse goal diff). Our goals scored are not so good though, but we have'nt got a goal machine in this squad, not Wayne fault but perhaps he might find that from Luke Plange and when fit Jack Stretton. In the 10 draws so far this season, if we had a natural goalscorer we might have won 5 of those draws and would be sat on 14 points with a plus goal difference.

We need to judge Wayne at the end of the season and if we end up playing League One football next season, this will be another big challenge to who ever is in the hot seat.

Wins and goals scored stats don’t look great. New owners will need to judge if his record is good enough for him to keep his job and take us forward…

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Wins and goals scored stats don’t look great. New owners will need to judge if his record is good enough for him to keep his job and take us forward…

This season ...

5 wins

10 draws 

That alone puts us mid table without the 21 point deduction which isn't rooneys fault.

With a stronger team, those 10 draws might have translated into say 6 wins add that to the 5 wins we have.

I think if things were different,  a stronger team and no 21 points, Derby could easily be in the top half of the table.

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Since Rooney joined the club as a player, the only CFs we've been able to sign are: Kazim, Gregory (loan) and Baldock. All castoffs than no-one else wanted. Then people question why we struggle to score in this League.

Kazim's 8 goals last season in the league was the 2nd best in his career. Gregory is now in L1, whereas that's exactly where Baldock would be if we didn't sign him.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

This season ...

5 wins

10 draws 

That alone puts us mid table without the 21 point deduction which isn't rooneys fault.

With a stronger team, those 10 draws might have translated into say 6 wins add that to the 5 wins we have.

I think if things were different,  a stronger team and no 21 points, Derby could easily be in the top half of the table.

We wouldn’t be in mid table….a few points above the drop zone….

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We wouldn’t be in mid table….a few points above the drop zone….

OK so add back the 21 points to the current score, that's 25 points and that alone puts us in 19th place.

Now I'm converting from 10 draws into 6 wins and 4 draws.

3 points for a win 

1 point for a draw

6 x 12 plus the 25 points, so a total of 37 points.

We would be either level with Stoke on 35 points or just above them, in any case we would be in 5th place in this scenario where the 21 points are removed and where I've converted 10 of the draws to 6  wins.

That would see us in a play off position.

Good article in Athletic today. 

Reading between the lines CK seems to be preferred bidder before Xmas but after that a long way to go .

Usually takes a month after preferred bidder announced to complete .

Verbal agreement over ground with MM and MSD but says not certain. 
HMRC talks positive but no agreement until preferred bidder 

Preferred bidder will have to get through EFL owners test and negotiate with Boro and Wycombe successfully to avoid going to court

Good news but loads to do yet 

44 minutes ago, Oldben said:

OK so add back the 21 points to the current score, that's 25 points and that alone puts us in 19th place.

3 points for a win 

1 point for a draw

We would be either level with Stoke on 35 points or just above them, in any case we would be in 5th place in this scenario where the 21 points are removed and where I've converted 10 of the draws to 6  wins.

Or we could have lost the games…..we are where we are…..

31 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I reckon if the Wycombe and Boro cases ever got as far as a Court they'd be laughed out of it. The last thing those two would want would be for it to get that far - they want money now. It's a kind of blackmail, plain and simple. I hope the PB throws their claims in the bin.

It's an ideal opportunity for the EFL to show commanding leadership and exemplary standards by taking a vociferous and public stance against these vexatious and mendacious claims. 

So out of court settlement it will be then as that toadying lickspittle Parry slithers around Gibson's arris.... ?

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

3 points for a win 

1 point for a draw

I admire your novel method of reimagining what this season would have looked like, a brave departure from the norm.

Now if only I could convert this weeks lottery numbers I didn't pick for the jackpot for the winning ones I'd be a millionaire! Simples ?

50 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I admire your novel method of reimagining what this season would have looked like, a brave departure from the norm.

Now if only I could convert this weeks lottery numbers I didn't pick for the jackpot for the winning ones I'd be a millionaire! Simples ?

Exactly TD.....if only we had have won some of the games that we drew.........if.........

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think that Oldben was looking at a scenario  where we had a decent goalscorer, where we had the better chances (but did not convert) in some of those drawn matches.

Just now, plymouthram said:

I think that Oldben was looking at a scenario  where we had a decent goalscorer, where we had the better chances (but did not convert) in some of those drawn matches.

Totally understand what they were trying to do and I personally do concur that if we had a goalscorer in our team then we probably would have accrued more points than we currently have, how many is more - that I have no idea and no one else realistically can answer that either. 

10 hours ago, Oldben said:

3 points for a win 

1 point for a draw

anyone can play this game, I could just as easily say imagine if some of those draws had been a defeat then we'd be in the relegation laces. 

8 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

anyone can play this game, I could just as easily say imagine if some of those draws had been a defeat then we'd be in the relegation laces. 

Yeah but it's not like we've not had a really sound defence (mostly) so the point is more that if we'd scored more. There can't be many teams with as limited a strike force as we've had for the past couple of seasons.

21 hours ago, Oldben said:

3 points for a win 

1 point for a draw

I love this line of reasoning so much I will apply it to my life.

"Yes officer, I know you clocked me at 90, but if I just arbitrarily deduct 30 I think you'll find I was well under the limit."

36 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Rooney has sorted the defence out by playing four defence minded midfield players . However he was very quick to give CKR a new contract. So in his judgement Colin was up to the job. Who gets the blame for that one?

Yep, there definitely is a narrative which separates the two out...leading to the argument 'he has been brilliant defensively,  we just need a striker and we would be top half'.

Reality is we have created absolutely nothing at times and we aren't spaffing away chance after chance. Wayne has got two excellent but gnarled central defenders and has packed the midfield full of steady, defensive midfielders who don't get behind the opposition. We have kept the defence tight at the expense of creating chances.

49 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Rooney has sorted the defence out by playing four defence minded midfield players . However he was very quick to give CKR a new contract. So in his judgement Colin was up to the job. Who gets the blame for that one?

Which 4 will that be?

The most used 5 'mids' are: Bird, Shinnie, Lawrence, Ravel and Knight (Sibley 6th). First time I've seen anyone suggest Lawrence and Ravel are defence minded ?