Blackpool (H) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

we’re still one of the better defences statistically.  Play to our strength and take the pressure off Curtis and Jags by starting another at the back  

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Been saying the same for weeks, also makes better use of our fullbacks who are better going forward than defending....

Seems a no brainer to me, so long as it's Festy and Williams as wing backs, we don't have any proper wingers anyway. It also allows them to play up the pitch as WR wants without leaving us exposed and needing to play 3 holding midfielders....

I feel tomorrow could either be a calamity or a day to remember. From my recent memory (and I’m only young), we have a decent record against Blackpool at home. We need to get behind the boys tomorrow, I am in a city filled with Leeds scum fans and we need to prove the world we aren’t dead men walking. 

I have felt we are anything but fighters, however, we need to show ourselves and the world, we are up for the fight by slamming one of the teams around us. We have really failed to do so often under Rooney and this could be a watershed moment. I will be a Ram with his heart in his mouth at home tomorrow. You lot who are there tomorrow, sing it loud and proud, we are Derby F’ing county (sorry if this breaches rules Mod’s) , let the world know who we are and how we don’t lay down and roll over. 

COYR

Just been reading some comments on the Blackpool fans forum. They were very complimentary about our support for 'Oyston out' at PP when they were almost down and out. They are coming here and have said they will respect our 'situation' by joining in with some of our chants (ie Fook the EFL  etc...). If that happens and I genuinely hope it does, my respect for the 'pool goes up quite a few notches.UTR!

16 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Guess we won’t be seeing @Archied at the game against Blackpool unless the rules don’t apply to him or he can somehow enter the ground without going through a concourse. ?

CDF05227-0CDE-459B-8493-1160931044CA.png

Not sure why you couldn’t have posted this without singling out @Archied? Having met Archie I know him and his family to be long standing committed Rams fans, and not doorstep fans either. Archie has his own position on COVID, and why shouldn’t he.? Just because that might not square with yours, or many on this board, it doesn’t seem to me to be any good reason to mock a true Rams possible non-attendance.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure why you couldn’t have posted this without singling out @Archied? Having met Archie I know him and his family to be long standing committed Rams fans, and not doorstep fans either. Archie has his own position on COVID, and why shouldn’t he.? Just because that might not square with yours, or many on this board, it doesn’t seem to me to be any good reason to mock a true Rams possible non-attendance.

Because he's the only poster who's stated that he will refuse to wear a mask under any circumstances?

He's singled himself out in that regard, stuck his head above the parapet.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Because he's the only poster who's stated that he will refuse to wear a mask under any circumstances?

I know the background buddy, but there was no need to pick him out, or for the grinning emoji in my opinion. I hope you enjoy the game today and please update me later. I suspect it will be 50/50 in terms of fans wearing masks in the concourse, and little or no stewardship re. policing mask wearing.

2 hours ago, eccles the ram said:

Just been reading some comments on the Blackpool fans forum. They were very complimentary about our support for 'Oyston out' at PP when they were almost down and out. They are coming here and have said they will respect our 'situation' by joining in with some of our chants (ie Fook the EFL  etc...). If that happens and I genuinely hope it does, my respect for the 'pool goes up quite a few notches.UTR!

Quite a pleasant read. Till we get to 9.30 and its seems to have been noticed by there village idiot who looks like a reject from the Goonies

They gambled big time .. broke the rules and spent indiscriminately

Completely different to our situation

duck um ...

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I don’t have a problem with people having their own views on Covid but we should all respect the rules (politicians and the general public) even if we don’t necessarily agree with them. I singled out Archie simply because he was adamant that he would refuse to wear a mask regardless.

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Weird rules in a concourse.....most people are eating and drinking in there up to the start of the game and as such won't be wearing masks in any case.

Absolutely. Complete nonsense rulings which have no great affect. I bet the regulations also allow groups of say 5000 to stand shoulder to shoulder, and sing songs as loud as possible for a couple of hours too. Up the Rams.

Im mid fourties, iv had 4 exposures to covid (x3 jabs,x1 illness) i consider myself pretty fit and healthy given my age and think id be fine with it if i caught it again

however i know that i can still be a carrier of it, i work with general public and so my exposure to it is quite high so theres a good chamce i could be carrying it at any given time so out of respect to others that perhaps might not deal with it as well as myself i wear a mask when asked to do so 

it aint a big deal .. i mean really it isnt 

not to me anyway 

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Where on earth did your stuffed shirt suddenly come from ? .. it was a joke and I hope @Archied would have a chuckle along with the rest of us. It’s singling out when it gets stretched and used to bait, but I don’t see that here ?