Fulham (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

On 23/11/2021 at 11:48, brady1993 said:

Honestly after Bournemouth why bring back Byrne or Morrison ? Neither of them has been particularly performing well as of late.

I am with you on that one. I am hoping Thompson keeps his place.

I’m not sure Lawrence and Morrison on together is good for the balance of the team. We need Either Or for a game changing moment. 

Heppy for Byrne and Festy to fight it out. Byrne crosses better and makes great runs. Festy scares the bejaysus out of defences when he runs at them with the ball

Would imagine Jags would be in goal ahead of Marshall, must be an add on clause with Wigan if he makes another appearance they must be due some money, which the club do not wish to pay, just hope David does the right thing for the club and moves on in January!

18 minutes ago, jono said:

I’m not sure Lawrence and Morrison on together is good for the balance of the team. We need Either Or for a game changing moment. 

Heppy for Byrne and Festy to fight it out. Byrne crosses better and makes great runs. Festy scares the bejaysus out of defences when he runs at them with the ball

Mind you, it’s been a while since Byrne put over a decent cross.

He’s not the only one guilty there.

3 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

Can anyone recommend a pub near the ground that might have some friendly DCFC faces around? My first Derby game in nearly 3 and a half years, so excited to experience a bit of the great atmosphere that’s been much discussed on here. 

The Crabtree, west of the ground, usually has a fair few DCFC fans, and the Kings Arms near the District Line station should too. 

3 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

Can anyone recommend a pub near the ground that might have some friendly DCFC faces around? My first Derby game in nearly 3 and a half years, so excited to experience a bit of the great atmosphere that’s been much discussed on here. 

Not going tonight, but my last trips to Craven Cottage involved some drinks in the Eight Bells and The Temperance - both of which are right near Putney Bridge Station. Bars around there are pretty away friendly to be honest.

17 minutes ago, jono said:

You might be right when it comes to Lawrence and Morrison. They both have the ability to produce something special but decision making can be a fault with both of them leading to wasted positions.

See you say Byrne crosses better but I'm not convinced just because a lot of the crosses Byrne produces tend to be easy to defend against and that's the majority of his output from an attacking sense. If we had a truly dominant centre forward in the box who was a goal threat with any ball then I could see how Byrne would be effective (it's why he racked up so many assists for Wigan). But as it stands Byrne often I feel proves too ineffectual for the amount of attacking license he's given. Whereas Festy looks an absolute nightmare to defend against at times with his dribbling ability, his pace and his physicality all of which are often made more dangerous coming from right back in this system because of where he picks the ball up. Because his running ability when Festy crosses it's often coming from far more dangerous positions because it's closer to the box with players taken out of the game. 

Overall I just think we looked to have a good balance on that right side between Knight, Ebosele and Thompson and that it's something to work on.

14 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Would imagine Jags would be in goal ahead of Marshall, must be an add on clause with Wigan if he makes another appearance they must be due some money, which the club do not wish to pay, just hope David does the right thing for the club and moves on in January!

Or he's just crap. He's a poor keeper at this level now.

20 minutes ago, roboto said:

Not going tonight, but my last trips to Craven Cottage involved some drinks in the Eight Bells and The Temperance - both of which are right near Putney Bridge Station. Bars around there are pretty away friendly to be honest.

I have great affection for Putney Bridge station! As a student in the 70's it was my local station. There was a church at either end of Putney Bridge though the one nearest Putney had burnt down around the time I arrived ( A sheer coincidence, I promise!). I used to bell ring at the church on the Fulham/Chelsea  side of the bridge. I didn't last longer than 6 months because I was embarrassed at my lack of skill and progress and how good they all were! We used to go to the Eight Bells afterwards for a pint. Small world.

To those fans travelling to Fulham tonight, hope you enjoy a friendly pint (or two) and hope you enjoy the game regardless of the result. It's going to be a tough one. X

Edited by Miggins

14 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I have great affection for Putney Bridge station! As a student in the 70's it was my local station. There was a church at either end of Putney Bridge though the one nearest Putney had burnt down around the time I arrived (no suspicious circumstances, I promise!). I used to bell ring at the church on the Fulham/Chelsea  side of the bridge. I didn't last longer than 6 months because I was embarrassed at my lack of skill and progress and how good they all were! We used to go to the Eight Bells afterwards for a pint. Small world.

To those fans travelling to Fulham tonight, hope you enjoy a friendly pint (or two) and hope you enjoy the game regardless of the result. It's going to be a tough one. X

Ask not for whom the bell ? tolls…

Edited by Ellafella