Fulham (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I agree, just Kazim for Baldock, though as Festy was struggling with cramp for much of the 2nd half I wouldn't be surprised to see Byrne return tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him either. If it's for fitness reasons then fair enough but with how we set up tactically the fullbacks need to carry a real threat and I just don't think Byrne does as well he's far easier to bully physically.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I don't mind about tonight, it's tomorrow I'm thinking about ? 

Festy, LThompson, Buchanan all likely to drop out. Festy due to a bit of cramp, Buchanan because he took a couple of knocks, and LThompson who could be targeted with him not being a surprise option now. If i was Fulham manager, I'd be getting Mitrovic to drop deep and bully Thompson, letting Reid/Carvalho to run in the space behind.

For some reason I keep thinking it's Wednesday today......

I see what you are saying in a sense about Thompson but do you gain all that much physicality in bringing in Morrison ? Especially as Morrison is prone to getting frustrated after being targetted? To be honest I think if Mitrovic is going to target anywhere physically it will be Byrne if he plays and I'm not even convinced he will be moving to target anyone in particular as he's that dominant against anyone it's not really needed.

19 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Makes sense but I'd like to see Williams get a shot if I'm honest. 

Have to admit I know little about Williams, other than he is yet another promising fullback, the academy has produced.  I would go for the experience of Forsyth with maybe Williams on the bench.

In terms of our players getting bullied, I don't see any of our youngsters getting easily pushed around. My fear is the way that Byrne is easily brushed aside. I would start with Festy at right back. I would be very tempted you start with Thompson again, he looks a real irritation to play against and would be up for any challenge. Forsyth should play to counteract the threat of balls coming in from dead ball situations.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Nice comments from Harry Wilson about us ahead of the game. He's playing really well for them this season. That forward line....?

Shows the gulf parachute payments make when they can field a player worth 50 million

Edited by BriggRam

I wouldn't be too concerned by Thompson getting bullied. Billing in particular tried it a few times and Liam was like Pitbull that had had its dinner stolen. Mitrovic is a much better player than Billing though of course, so I agree it's a possibility. Sometimes also it's better to give a youngster a break after what must have been a tiring but emotional afternoon and let him loose again against a less imposing team like QPR.

31 minutes ago, roboto said:

Gibson values him at £45m

The EFL have an expert on the case.

He's checked player stats on Football Manager and come to a valuation of £75k using AFC Wimbledon's Ollie Palmer as a comparison - Palmer has higher ratings in Strength, Workrate, Anticipation & Determination and matches Mitrovic for Heading, Composure & Leadership.

Therefore they they must be worth about the same amount of money, and as such there's absolutely no disparity created by Fulham having Mitrovic playing for them in The Championship.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Spare a thought for us standing in the cold , cos you just know the wind will be blowing in off the Thames. 

Came straight down here after the Bournemouth game, staying 'till Thursday.

Lovely sunny days, but big coats are in order for evenings.

COYR 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I don't mind about tonight, it's tomorrow I'm thinking about ? 

Festy, LThompson, Buchanan all likely to drop out. Festy due to a bit of cramp, Buchanan because he took a couple of knocks, and LThompson who could be targeted with him not being a surprise option now. If i was Fulham manager, I'd be getting Mitrovic to drop deep and bully Thompson, letting Reid/Carvalho to run in the space behind.

I remember the days of teams sending one player out specifically to 'man mark' the opposition's most dangerous player. Indeed in the past we have regularly used players to do exactly that.

So rather than allow Mitrovic to bully one of our players, we could keep just 2 centre halves and put one of the cdm's on Mitrovic all game. I bet Knight would be so effective at this and I think it would drive Mitrovic mad, maybe even wind him up so he sees red or gets taken off.

It might appear a bit negative, and take away some of our midfield legs, but I think taking Mitrovic out of the equation would go some way to negating much of what Fulham do.

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Honestly after Bournemouth why bring back Byrne or Morrison ? Neither of them has been particularly performing well as of late.

I’m quite critical of Morrison considering his obvious talent. But I think he could have a big role to play off the bench in the latter stages of games helping us retain possession.

Same team that finished the 2nd half for me, with the enforced change of Foz for Buchanan. 

We are finally finding a balance in midfield Knights return has helped massively and Thompson’s performance is a massive positive. 

The balance in midfield has helped Lawrence and allowed him to come into the central areas of the pitch more where he’s at his best and is our biggest goal threat. Things are looking promising in key areas.

Fulham are going to be a huge challenge, they are on a great run of form and have quality throughout. 

A point or more would be a massive result!