Fulham (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

35 minutes ago, angieram said:

Buchanan out for 6 - 8 weeks, Baldock also out, Stretton still not fit.

Shame about Buchanan, he seems to pick up injuries quite easily compared to some of our other players. Forsyth is a stronger outlet for Roos to aim for if we don't want to get pressed highly at the back, but I'd be just as happy to say Dylan Williams get a start and surprise Fulhm with his pace and energy.

CKR as target man and, when he inevitably needs to come off because he isn't full fit yet, and then switch to a false 9? Or maybe take the Plange (pun intended) or stick Kellyman on for some minutes.

Very tough fixture, but we've done well against the better teams so you never know. And the boys will be buzzing after the weekend.

With Baldock and Stretton out surely Luke Plange has to make the bench for this one, having been scoring for the U23s. A shame about Buchanan but Fozzy with Williams as cover are good options. Festy was struggling towards the end on Sunday, but if he's recovered I'd take him over Byrne at the moment. Also, I would bring Ravel back in as I think we will need his presence in midfield.

Sadly I'll miss the game. I hope the final score encourages me to come back and read through the match thread and see how events unfolded, rather than go and hide in the Jim Smith room.

4 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I hope so but to be honest Davies has struggled against Mitrovic every time they've faced each other

Personally don't think he has. Davies defensive performance vs Fulham in the first leg of the play offs in 2018 was a defensive masterclass, he was absolutely phenomenal. He seems to do better than most do against Fulham, it was only the 3-0 defeat in 2019 where he didn't.

1 hour ago, roboto said:

Shame about Buchanan, he seems to pick up injuries quite easily compared to some of our other players.

I wasn't surprised at this news. The block-tackle in which he picked up his injury put all the force sideways onto his knee joint, the very direction that knees aren't designed to move in. Even a non-injury-prone player would have struggled to shake it off I think.

10 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

It’s not so much this, more that neither Ebosele nor Thompson deserve to be dropped after their excellent performances against Bournemouth.

Oh I agree completely, I just didn't underline that part as much as I perhaps should have done.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I wasn't surprised at this news. The block-tackle in which he picked up his injury put all the force sideways onto his knee joint, the very direction that knees aren't designed to move in. Even a non-injury-prone player would have struggled to shake it off I think.

Looks like an MCL tear doesn't it.

Wouldn't be surprised as others have said if we started with Stearman in a 3, Forsyth replacing Buchanan and fully expect Byrne to replace Festy, although I think RWB would be Festy's best position. 

Also it wouldn't surprise me if Lawrence played as the false 9 with CKR still on the bench, he just doesn't look fully fit and he played 70+ mins 3 days ago, with Baldock injured we don't want to knacker him again also.

Which leaves the Morrison v Thompson conundrum,  I think purely on experience Ravel will get the nod, although he slows the game too much for me, yes he keeps the ball well but he's just too pedestrian and allows the opposition to get back in position and therefore harder to break down.

Edited by Rich84
Typo

4 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Wouldn't be surprised as others have said if we started with Stearman in a 3, Forsyth replacing Buchanan and fully expect Byrne to replace Festy, although I think RWB would be Festy's best position. 

Also it wouldn't surprise me if Lawrence played as the false 9 with CKR still on the bench, he just doesn't look fully fit and he played 70+ mins 3 days ago, with Baldock injured we don't want to knacker him again also.

Which leaves the Morrison v Thompson conundrum,  I think purely on experience Ravel will get the nod, although he slows the game too much for me, yes he keeps the ball well but he's just too pedestrian and allows the opposition to get back in position and therefore harder to break down.

Ravel wouldn’t be in my starting X1, we are so much more mobile and quicker without him…..