Bournemouth (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

Excellent pre-match interview with Wayne. He's very measured in everything he says, thoughtful, dignified and calm and quick to praise those he works with and you just know that the respect and loyalty is mutual. 

I was glad to hear him speak about building a better relationship with the EFL and he spoke of them respectfully. Regardless of how he really feels about our eye-watering debts and the appalling way our club has been left, he just chooses his words carefully and professionally.

I hope that in the future he cuts it as a premier manager, but for now I'm just so glad that he is with us. He gives me confidence to believe that all will eventually be well.

I really hope for everyone's sake that tomorrow will be a good day!! COYR

If anyone needed an excuse to give Bournemouth the dog's abuse tomorrow, take a look at this comment from one of their fans who obviously doesn't know his own club's history :

The only stitch up was they should have had the points deducted last season and been relegated.

?

Listening to the interview I’d say Thompson will start today. 

Strange one tbh honest. I think he’ll be a good player but to come in cold from the 23s all season for a game in live tv v top of the table makes no sense.

I wonder if Watson being on 2 starts and a third adds him to the squad list influences that choice? 

17 hours ago, Miggins said:

Excellent pre-match interview with Wayne. He's very measured in everything he says, thoughtful, dignified and calm and quick to praise those he works with and you just know that the respect and loyalty is mutual. 

I was glad to hear him speak about building a better relationship with the EFL and he spoke of them respectfully. Regardless of how he really feels about our eye-watering debts and the appalling way our club has been left, he just chooses his words carefully and professionally.

I hope that in the future he cuts it as a premier manager, but for now I'm just so glad that he is with us. He gives me confidence to believe that all will eventually be well.

I really hope for everyone's sake that tomorrow will be a good day!! COYR

Must be tempting to the administrators to get rid of the salary of Rooney and Lawrence

10 minutes ago, Malcolm Brooks said:

Must be tempting to the administrators to get rid of the salary of Rooney and Lawrence

Not if Rooney still covered by sponsorship and is a draw for players we need to recruit for peanuts and potential buyers and he seems to be dragging the club through this with his dignity and fighting spirit. But otherwise yes sure

Looking forward to some actual football.

We have nothing to lose at this point, Bournemouth are a great team, but there isn't time to show them respect and be cautious in our approach.

Relegation is highly likely, however it's not completely impossible to overcome the points difference. 

Until its mathematically over, the players need to play without fear and just go for it. Forget about the league table and play every game like it could be their last.