Bournemouth (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

11 hours ago, brady1993 said:

It's more that I think most of the older heads currently here won't be next season; a fair few are likely to retire and the ones that don't are likely to leave. Although I concede the point that's it worth sprinkling experienced players in still this season to help bed the younger players in better. 

It's a bit of an aside but in general I think Bird gets less time on the ball playing alongside Shinnie than he would with a lot of other midfielders.

For this season, we should definitely focus on getting players game time who are going to be at the club next season (assuming management can actually determine that).

However, there’s still around 30 games to play this season at a fairly high level. Every game alongside experienced pros is a benefit to the development of our current youngsters. The more game time Buchanan has alongside Curtis and Phil, the better and quicker he will learn. Same can be said for Knighty, Sibley, Bird, Festy etc.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos
Jagielka   Davies
Festy   Bird   Shinnie   Buchanan
Sibley   Ravel   Knight
Stretton

Subs: Allsop, Stearman, Forsyth, Williams, Watson, Jozwiak, Kazim
McDonald and Hutchinson emergency cover

I would like to see Williams given more of a go. I’d swap him and Sibley and move Knight to the right.

Either way, it’s not a team overflowing with goal scorers is it? 

Such a shame as they play some lovely stuff at times.

No point in caution. It could be very entertaining watching the Rams over the next few months. We could do an Albania who got stuffed by England because they had to go for it or we win a few. Who knows, but playing defensive now is pointless.

Everyone should be expecting us to go for it including the opposition.

So two defensive midfielders seems a bit negative.

I’ll be really interested so see how Wayne sets them up.

I don’t think you’ll see much change. Wayne Rooneys long term interest will be the same as every other ambitious person in any walk of life….himself.

So going out gung ho with experimental sides and young kids getting spanked every week will not be part of the plan (not to mention I think he has too much consideration towards those young players than to subject them to that anyway).

His aim now will be to be able to point to a points total that without the deductions would’ve kept Derby in the Championship. With all the background noise that in itself would be a major achievement and one that will help him when he eventually does look to move on and upwards as a manager. 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Haha, he didn't pander to the interviewer did he!

Really strong interview from Wayne and I'm in no way his biggest fan. Couldn't ask any more from him in terms of clarity,  commitment and courage!

Edited by Chester40

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I reckon that 2nd "reporter" won't be getting invited back to ask questions anytime soon. Trying to get quotes from Rooney about us already being relegated and attempting a poor joke about how well things are going for Rooney... What a twit.

10 minutes ago, roboto said:

I reckon that 2nd "reporter" won't be getting invited back to ask questions anytime soon. Trying to get quotes from Rooney about us already being relegated and attempting a poor joke about how well things are going for Rooney... What a twit.

Sounded like Moose from TalkSport ?

On 19/11/2021 at 10:02, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos
Jagielka   Davies
Festy   Bird   Shinnie   Buchanan
Sibley   Ravel   Knight
Stretton

Subs: Allsop, Stearman, Forsyth, Williams, Watson, Jozwiak, Kazim
McDonald and Hutchinson emergency cover

Roos

Davies.    Jags.    Stearman 

Festy.  Knight. Shins. Bird. Buchanan  

CKR.     Sibbo. 

39 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

Rooney in his presser was talking about starting Liam Thompson tomorrow. Would that not go beyond the 25 player registered limit?

He wasn't talking about 'starting him tomorrow' - he said he was getting close to the first team. I think we're allowed to play him now because at the date of the Budget Agreement with the EFL he's not classed as one of the maximum 25 Permitted Players even if he now plays for the first XI (because he's not played in 3 League matches).