Bournemouth (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Bournemouth put in a very high press, time for some pace upfront, for the ball over the top Wayne. Get Stretton involved.

From what I have seen of Jack , he does not seem to have that electric pace that defenders fear so much. It could be we have to use him in the way we used Chris Martin. Balls to feet and Knight running beyond him.

Start how we mean to continue for the rest of the season 

Foulkes 

Brown Cashin Buchanan 

Ebosele Knight Bird Williams 

Sibley   Watson 

Stretton 

I may be missing someone more obvious in a position from the u23s but this is roughly how I think we should start setting our stall out.

27 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Foulkes 

Brown Cashin Buchanan 

Sibley   Watson 

Stretton 

I may be missing someone more obvious in a position from the u23s but this is roughly how I think we should start setting our stall out.

I get the idea, but there is no way that team would survive in league 1. We’re going to need to have at least half the team made up of experienced battlers. I agree with the sentiment of giving our own young players game time, to get them ready for more involvement, but that would be 5 steps too far. 

29 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Foulkes 

Brown Cashin Buchanan 

Sibley   Watson 

Stretton 

If you're preparing for League One - or whatever - you still have to have a blend of experience and youth.

Cashin will learn a lot more playing alongside Jagielka or Davies than he will having Brown as a partner.

Kids alone would just get thrashed week in, week out and it would destroy them.

Can Cashin, Brown and co start? Pardon my ignorance, but how many more can be used to start games this season, unless others leave?

I'd like to see Cashin alongside Davies/Jags, can't have an entirely inexperienced back line and I think Davies should be around next season regardless.  

Other consideration is, who out of the current lot will be off in Jan?  Suspect Knight will get interested, Buchanan linked with Celtic/Forest and I think Bird would be fancied too.  If they have to be sold, possibly worth using others.

Roos

McDonald    Davies Jag  Buchanan 

Bird    Shinnie 

Ebosele         knight         Lawrence 

Kaz                    

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Foulkes 

Byrne.  Cashin.  Davies.  Buchanan

Ebosele.   Bird.   Shinnie 

Knight 

Kazim-Richards Stretton

I get the point of building for next year but I’m not sure I’d be sending the likes of Foulkes and Cashin into the lions den by way of playing them against the likes of Bournemouth or Fulham. They could quite easily have a torrid time. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I get the point of building for next year but I’m not sure I’d be sending the likes of Foulkes and Cashin into the lions den by way of playing them against the likes of Bournemouth or Fulham. They could quite easily have a torrid time. 

Fair point.

It was really an example of what lineup we could start putting out. However, as you say, it still has to be gradual and tailored to individuals.

I'd like more game time for Watson, Williams and others aswell.