Bournemouth (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

Just watched the raw reaction video made by a bournmouth fan after yesterday's game.......they are proper shocked by the result, as am I to be honest, but a couple of there fans praised our support, 1 saying it's the best home support he has witnessed all season.... also watched another video by a guy, not a Derby supporter, but praising the performance, also condemning our predicament and how we have been treated compared to the breakaway 6, good to see and hear fans of other clubs actually being fair and honest.....I'm still buzzing from the display yesterday and the  result,  I honestly think the confidence that result will give the players  will drive the players on.....Fulham away......love it

Edited by BriggRam

Speaking of erroneous reporting (apologies if someone has already mentioned this). The BBC has the attendance at just over 2000!  I have reported it, but whether or not they will change it I don’t know….

Response to the comments about the off side FK given in our half, apparently the FK is given where the offside player becomes active, at the point when he becomes active...... 

CKR chased back into our half to make the challenge with his starting point being offside, which BTW, was disappointing today how often that was.

Ridiculous rule IMO though,  fair enough if in opposition half but surely make the half way line the furthest fwd it can be.

On performance, one major change from 1st to 2nd half, which addressed a bug bear of mine and imo the cause of so many of our problems. We started to look forwards as the 1st option when in possession rather than backwards,  which is when Thompson started to get involved more and we looked a lot better, this passing it back too much invites pressure.

I know their 2nd goal was good play by them but it all started from a throw we had 5 yrds from their area and ended up in 3 passes with Roos instead of their box..... and because they pressed he had to make the clearance quickly.

Roos clearance was unchallenged because the attacking players were offside and we were stretched as a team, which in turn gave them the gaps to exploit with quick decisive football as they swept thru us.

I will never understand why we think going back 70 yrds to play a big ball forwards is a better option than trying to create in their half in the 1st place! it massively increases the likelihood of turning over possession in a less desirable area of the pitch, even if we lost the ball in their area from an attack, or it ended up with their GK or a goal kick, it is a better option than going 70 yrds back towards our goal to have the team stretched and out of position to then launch it.

20 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Response to the comments about the off side FK given in our half, apparently the FK is given where the offside player becomes active, at the point when he becomes active...... 

CKR chased back into our half to make the challenge with his starting point being offside, which BTW, was disappointing today how often that was.

Ridiculous rule IMO though,  fair enough if in opposition half but surely make the half way line the furthest fwd it can be.

Is it a new rule though?

If not why is it the first time anyone seems to have  seen it applied this way in 20, 40, 60 years of watching football?

Just now, Coconut's Beard said:

Is it a new rule though?

If not why is it the first time anyone seems to have  seen it applied this way in 20, 40, 60 years of watching football?

I think it IS a recently introduced change, but I haven't fact-checked that. It would be great if someone could confirm one way or another. 

@CrewtonRule 11 on FA website:

Go to the 1st paragraph in offences and sanctions........

Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:

any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and

any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered. For the purposes of determining offside, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:

second-last opponent or

last two opponents

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

interfering with an opponent by:

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or

challenging an opponent for the ball or

clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:

rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent

been deliberately saved by any opponent

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

In situations where:

a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g blocks the opponent) the offence should be penalised under Law 12

a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence

an offence is committed against a player in an offside position who is already playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the offside offence is penalised as it has occurred before the foul challenge

*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

a goal kick

a throw-in

a corner kick

Offences and sanctions

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, INCLUDING IF IT IS IN THE PLAYER'S OWN HALF OF THE FIELD OF PLAY.

A defending player who leaves the field of play without the referee’s permission shall be considered to be on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play or until the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area. If the player left the field of play deliberately, the player must be cautioned when the ball is next out of play.

An attacking player may step or stay off the field of play not to be involved in active play. If the player re-enters from the goal line and becomes involved in play before the next stoppage in play, or the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area, the player shall be considered to be positioned on the goal line for the purposes of offside. A player who deliberately leaves the field of play and re-enters without the referee’s permission and is not penalised for offside and gains an advantage, must be cautioned.

If an attacking player remains stationary between the goalposts and inside the goal as the ball enters the goal, a goal must be awarded unless the player commits an offside offence or Law 12 offence in which case play is restarted with an indirect or direct free kick.

Edited by Rich84
Typo

2 hours ago, Andrew1 said:

Speaking of erroneous reporting (apologies if someone has already mentioned this). The BBC has the attendance at just over 2000!  I have reported it, but whether or not they will change it I don’t know….

It's what the BBC does, I keep getting my TV licence bill £15.90...when it's £159.00

1 hour ago, RedSox said:

Anyone else see this?:  

From the 26th min onwards....??

Enjoyed watching that, thanks.

Nice to see a different perspective. The guys seemed fairly balanced. They’re right that Bournemouth were sloppy and we were dogged.

Also nice to hear some praise for our fans after a couple of unsavoury incidents earlier in the season.