ThePrisoner

Roos - poor mistake but we have to play that way for a reason 

Ebosele - hesitant start but got better and better 

Jagielka - does what he does 

Davies - does what he does 

Buchanan - some great crosses 

Shinnie - gritty as you expect won a penalty as well 

Bird - effective 

Thompson - excellent debut - did he give the ball away?
knight - usual Duracell batteries performance with a goal 

lawrence - I was just saying that he hasn’t been involved then a great goal and an actual penalty 

Baldock - you would take him back to the shop as he is defective in fitness terms

subs - 

richards - did ok 

stearman - nice for him to get some game time 

Forsyth - n/a 

great effort for the fans from the players and all we ask is to work hard 

Bournmouth - play it wide to quick wide men and deliver and apart from that they didn’t like our little players running around in between their legs. 
nice to get 3 points 

To say I didn’t see that kinda performance coming is an understatement. Well, I could see Roos screwing up, but that’s every game really.

We were excellent 2nd half, and apart from the later header from Billing, we weren’t really troubled at all. 

My man-crush on Curtis Davis gets deeper and more serious every week. What a colossus he is!!!

Tom Lawrence seems to be a bit of a' marmite' player  on the DCFC Forum. I've never known quite what to make of him although I've never criticized him.  However, today he was magnificent. Apart from his tremendous performance in the game he went straight to interviews following the match and so missed the initial celebrations , but then he went to the South Stand and started the bounce with Curtis. He also hung around afterwards for photographs with fans and autographs. I'm sure all he wanted was a warm bath! Well done today, Tom. Just hope we see more of the same for the rest of the season.

Just got back so not read through the thread, so everything’s probably been said already. Anyways, after the Roos shocker and their well worked second, I thought heads would drop and we could lose by 3 or 4.

Proud of the lads today, no point listing names as they all did us proud.  Except Liam Thomson!  What a debut, on sky, against top of the league! Some exciting young players on the books. That’s probably the best debut since when I came on for Redwood Raiders U8’s in the last 10 minutes and scored 2 goals. After all the obstacles thrown in our way, we outplay and beat Bore-mouth. COYR ????

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You believe it's so we can sell him? If so that shows no-one wants to buy the others!

It doesn’t show that at all. It just shows the club is anticipating or already has firm interest in a player yet to sign a scholarship deal which in turn directly affects the compensation deal ala Kaide Gordon. How else do you explain a player who’s barely played 18s and yet to play 23s leap frogging into the first team? Is the 16s a better level to judge him on? 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

Just now, Ravabeerbelly said:

It doesn’t show that at all. It just shows the club is anticipating or already has firm interest in a player yet to sign a scholarship deal which in turn directly affects the compensation deal ala Kaide Gordon. How else do you explain a player yet to play 18s or 23s leap frogging into the first team? Is the 16s a better level to judge him on? 

Maybe Rooney recognises a good 16 year old forward when he sees one? Maybe it is a la Gordon. But as we are short of forwards fit or otherwise you could easily be wrong! ?

54 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Absolutely - and the good thing is that we’ve got another academy product that has come in and shone. We’re going to need enough players of a decent calibre to keep ourselves within touching distance. 

And let’s not forget we have arguably our best player on his way back from injury. We could have him back for a very important last 3 months to get us safe. 

Might take him a while to get match fit, @Bald Eagle's Barmy Army.

I just can’t help smiling, I kind of bounced along the river back to the car. What a performance and what a great game to watch. Like others I had a tear or two on the way home. Great day. 

I said in another thread .. 3 points from the next 3 games would give us some heart and any win would be magic. 

Done it at the first try, AND 3 goals AND a penalty. Epic performance. Triumph to disaster and back to triumph all in 95 minutes.

Every player gave everything. That Curtis sliding tackle in front of the south stand !  Shinnies shear bloody mindedness battling round his man to get in the box. Festy never say die perseverance , Lawrence, a couple of slide rule passes, a dream of a goal and a solid penalty. Jags marshalling out big number 9’s. Buchanan diving in at the end without a hesitation. Big Colin all bristling muscle, Jason Knight, fearless brave heart who can do it for 90 minutes, extra time and whatever gets thrown at him. He never stops. Roos awful gaff but kept his head, caught a great cross late on and took out half the defence when determined it was “MY” ball. That takes courage ! 

Then we get Liam Thompson … a real CM .. not a wannabe No 10 or a DM spraying passes from deep. Nope ! He’s a terrier, quick feet, first time passes, moving the ball quickly, grabbing opportunities to move it the right way. Composed too. Looked like he’d been a first team footballer for sometime. I think he added real balance to our midfield. 

Bourmouth .. one moment when they cut through us with ease but apart from that pretty bang average and if that is 2nd in the league hoping to go top today then this makes Derby Count class of 2021 a worthy outfit to watch. The fat lady may be in the tunnel, the absolutely dreadEFL orchestra is playing …. but she hasn’t sung yet. 

Just back and still feeling quite emotional, Wow what a game and performance! Hope I get my voice back before work tomorrow, but for now I shall be lubricating my throat with a beer or two.  Was Stephen Pearce at the game today? as I heard the 'get out of our club' chant early on. Enjoy the rest of the weekend ram kind.

Edited by Wistaston Ram

12 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Just got back so not read through the thread, so everything’s probably been said already. Anyways, after the Roos shocker and their well worked second, I thought heads would drop and we could lose by 3 or 4.

Proud of the lads today, no point listing names as they all did us proud.  Except Liam Thomson!  What a debut, on sky, against top of the league! Some exciting young players on the books. That’s probably the best debut since when I came on for Redwood Raiders U8’s in the last 10 minutes and scored 2 goals. After all the obstacles thrown in our way, we outplay and beat Bore-mouth. COYR ????

Well done Ruud those bins are a pain

image.thumb.png.73b22246d1a341216739fd5497498004.png