56 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Roos - poor mistake but we have to play that way for a reason 

Ebosele - hesitant start but got better and better 

Jagielka - does what he does 

Davies - does what he does 

Buchanan - some great crosses 

Shinnie - gritty as you expect won a penalty as well 

Bird - effective 

Thompson - excellent debut - did he give the ball away?
knight - usual Duracell batteries performance with a goal 

lawrence - I was just saying that he hasn’t been involved then a great goal and an actual penalty 

Baldock - you would take him back to the shop as he is defective in fitness terms

subs - 

richards - did ok 

stearman - nice for him to get some game time 

Forsyth - n/a 

great effort for the fans from the players and all we ask is to work hard 

Bournmouth - play it wide to quick wide men and deliver and apart from that they didn’t like our little players running around in between their legs. 
nice to get 3 points 

We have just beaten what would have been the table topping team and the 11 players get around 3 or 4 compliments in total from your review. An harsh critic, if you don’t mind me saying 

5 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

We have just beaten what would have been the table topping team and the 11 players get around 3 or 4 compliments in total from your review. An harsh critic, if you don’t mind me saying 

Wayne said that we are a good, honest team, hard working and capable of beating the best.

All we need now is consistency. The ability is there, just hope that some luck is on our side too.

21 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Just back and still feeling quite emotional, Wow what a game and performance! Hope I get my voice back before work tomorrow, but for now I shall be lubricating my throat with a beer or two.  Was Stephen Pearce at the game today? as I heard the 'get out of our club' chant early on. Enjoy the rest of the weekend ram kind.

It was a massive day, for those who have not given up. After all the bad news, if we’d lost by a couple of goals we’d feel relegation is inevitable. Instead we beat one of the top teams and matched them for quality 

This team still believes in miracles - we saw that today. 

1 minute ago, Miggins said:

Wayne said that we are a good, honest team, hard working and capable of beating the best.

All we need now is consistency. The ability is there, just hope that some luck is on our side too.

Yes. We talk about the fat lady, but Lady Luck needs to be first on our guest list, in fact, from my own pocket I will fund her none refundable season ticket in perpetuity; if we make it.
Let’s face it we aren’t up against it we are in the swamp and it’s brim full of alligators. As for Poo Creek .. we haven’t even got a boat never mind a paddle .. but wouldn’t it be just effing wonderful if we did it, today was the first step on a journey, we stood on solid ground and moved forward. Today we are 3 points nearer to whatever we need, than we were yesterday.  

34 minutes ago, jono said:

Then we get Liam Thompson … a real CM .. not a wannabe No 10 or a DM spraying passes from deep. Nope ! He’s a terrier, quick feet, first time passes, moving the ball quickly, grabbing opportunities to move it the right way. Composed too.

Thanks. Saved me some typing. Exactly my thoughts. 

Totally unexpected but brilliant result.

Was unsure about the formation throughout but delighted to see Liam Thompson in. Thought we'd get countered a lot with a flat back 4 & two full backs that attacking but it initially enabled us to play high up the pitch. Great finish from Knight for the goal & it didnt feel at all underserved.

Obviously the equaliser was ridiculous & its high time we abandon this wierd Davies to Roos pass from goal kicks...I don't understand where the advantage is when the opposition have 3 players waiting to pounce. Theres little chance of playing it around them & we had Kazim on early as an outlet to go long. I'm also fast losing patience with Roos & his errors...cruel reality is he just hasnt developed into a reliable CH keeper despite plenty of chances. His spill late on nearly cost us the game too. 

Bournemouth then grew in confidence & showed their class last 20 mins of the half & with their attacking outlets were always going to find joy against our back 4. Their second was entirely predictable st that stage & if Im honest, I didnt think we'd come back.

Massive credit then to the team for that second half display. Firstly, Lawrence really stepped up with a wonderful equaliser & then took reaponsibility for the penalty...brilliant play from Buchanan & Shinnie to draw the foul. Had almost forgotten what a Derby penalty looked like!

Great game management late on & real character to see it out. This is a group of players & a management team that are fighters and whatever off field humiliation we've had to suffer, they've done everything possible to put pride back into the shirt.

Love the defiance, love the intensity. COYR

3 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Instead of conceding from the back? Definitely and twice on a Sunday ?

At Barnsley, CKR won pretty much every ball hoofed at him, flicked it on and Baldrick didn’t manage to get on one of them.  So yeah it’s a waste of time hoofing it up towards Baldrick.  
CKR seemed to be below par today in this regard.  Didn’t seem to win much in the air, something he’s usually really good at.

12 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

His spill late on nearly cost us the game too

Wait what spill was that?

When he saved a shot from 12 yards destined for a goal, athletically pushed it away and claimed it at the second opportunity under pressure or another time? The save in itself.was commendable

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Absolutely no need to pick any fault with anything today. The perfect performance doesn't happen, especially not in our situation.

We played a top side at this level, matched them, bettered them, and deserved the points on a fantastic afternoon of thoroughly enjoyable football.

If the choice is stay up or get relegated, I'll choose staying up, but I can't say I'm all that bothered either way, so long as I get to be entertained like that. Commitment, energy, guts, skill, goals, strength...brilliant. 

Well done Derby, and well done Wayne and the staff.

8 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

At Barnsley, CKR won pretty much every ball hoofed at him, flicked it on and Baldrick didn’t manage to get on one of them.  So yeah it’s a waste of time hoofing it up towards Baldrick.  
CKR seemed to be below par today in this regard.  Didn’t seem to win much in the air, something he’s usually really good at.

You’re right, but then when their centre back gets a free pass to put arms round him whenever it pleased him, I’m not surprised.

There is always a CF/CB battle and CKR had a good battle, but ref today was preferring the FK for “backing in” rather than the “arms round” .. it happens. Chris Martin had days when he won a lot and others where he was ignored and lost out. 

In terms of header winning I thought Bournemouth’s No 6 was excellent .. won a lot, pity we couldn’t play round him a bit more but in the end it all worked out ok 

1 minute ago, Needlesh said:

Absolutely no need to pick any fault with anything today. The perfect performance doesn't happen, especially not in our situation.

We played a top side at this level, matched them, bettered them, and deserved the points on a fantastic afternoon of thoroughly enjoyable football.

If the choice is stay up or get relegated, I'll choose staying up, but I can't say I'm all that bothered either way, so long as I get to be entertained like that. Commitment, energy, guts, skill, goals, strength...brilliant. 

Well done Derby, and well done Wayne and the staff.

I am of the same mind. That was entertainment and the result was right. In the end I don’t watch a league, I watch a game. I enjoyed that tremendously. More of the same please, whatever league we are in.