Bournemouth (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

So so proud of the lads today. Loved the energy and intensity. Clearly a team that hasn’t given up and I hope this causes people to re-evaluate our chances instead of just saying we’re down. It isn’t over until mathematically impossible, we will know in January whether we have a chance when ownership is sorted and we know what squad we have. Everyone knows we’re 15 points adrift, everyone knows it’s unlikely but without hope what else is there this season.

As for the game,  Really good first 15-20 minutes, got the goal and despite Bournemouth possession we looked comfortable. Then Kelle, I saw it at half time, just sloppy first touch fine then next just kicked it too far ahead of himself. Redeemed himself slightly with the a couple of good takes late on and that save/take where we wiped out 3 players. We know we need a better keeper for the long term. Bournemouth second goal was pure class, created by their embarrassment of riches (thank you parachute payments!)

It looked ominous but the way they dug in to turn it around was awe inspiring. A piece of brilliance from Lawrence put the game back in our favour and then heart and desire from Shinnie won the penalty (with some help from the officials it seems - it is definitely about bloody time) 

Curtis was outstanding some unbelievable tackles. Bird Shinnie excellent. Knight was incredible (my MOM) need to change the chant to he’s here he’s there he’s every ducking where Jason Knight!! Which then leaves Liam Thompson. Saw him preseason for first time and really impressed. First half he was tidy but for me was taking the safe option too often - don’t think he passed the the ball forward once - but second half showed what a talent he is. Definitely has a part to play between now and the end of the season.

Keep believing. The players and staff deserve that from us as a minimum.

COYR!!! ????????

not caught up on comments on here... dashed home, dashed out, just got back and logged in...

I'm normally the first out, dashing from my aisle seat as soon as the whistle goes.
Today, every single player deserved that ovation, and I was more than happy to stay back, and applaud them off... and I got the impression quite a few more hung back for a little longer than normal.  And rightly so!

At half time, I mentioned that I was enjoying the players' attitude.  By full time, I was immensely impressed, and exceedingly proud, of each and every one of them.  We all know that collectively at least, they lack the quality to match today's achievement week in, week out, but today, they busted a gut, and got exactly what they deserved... a bloody fantastic 3 points!

If truth be told, as that last rendition of "We'll fight to the end" rang out... long after the final whistle... it brought a lump to my throat, and a tear to my eye.
For quite a while now, I've been kidding myself that in the grand scheme of things, DCFC come a fair way down the list of priorities in my life these days.  Today has taught me that they do still matter.  I do still care.  And that I really will be Derby 'til I die.

Today was a good day... nay, a great day.  One down, 28 to go!

UTFR ?

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

What was the deal when the officials seemed to give an offside against CKR  and then let Bournemouth take the free kick in our half?

Can only assume he thought CKR fouled their man, but there didn't look anything in it at all watching the game live.

Yeah that was weird .. I see the linos  offside flag .. fair enough and the the FK in our half .. errrm must have missed something, thought it might be a new EFL rule .. There must be one opposition player and the goalkeeper when the pass is played blah blah .. (appendix (a) subsection 3 para 2.1 b ….unless you are playing Derby County and then it’s at the refs discretion) 

Edited by jono

What a day and what a win!

During the match I just thought that Bournemouth were an average team that can pass it a bit with no real flare, but then I looked at the table and realised they’ve only lost one other game this season and only conceded one goal away from home.

I think it shows how well we played that they looked that average. I still think we have much more to offer as well, Bielik being a massive part of that.

I hope we can follow it up with a respectable performance on Wednesday night and then look to build at home next week! 

Was proud of every player and coach associated with our club today ...our desire and fearless approach after half time was magnificent 

Seeing Jagielka and Curtis still defending for there lives at there stage of there careers says so much about them two and the youngsters were impressive with there energy and enthusiasm to close Bournemouth down was fantastic

we saw a glimpse of what the cherries are capable of with there second goal but generally we didn’t let them play and deserve massive praise 

we looked more energetic without Morrison and I’d bring Byrne back and push Festy up higher where he could cause serious damage 

This team never gives up it seems and Knight for me was the best player on the pitch closely followed by Curtis but it was difficult to single out one player 

Roos will continue to cost us goals I’m afraid and although he also made a couple of good stops It is apparent now surely that we need better in goal 

I do think Roos is a good number 2 option but his errors will cost us 

proud to be behind the lads today and felt a real connection with the players and staff today like we are all in this together 

Very well done ??????