Rams vs Barnsley (A) Matchday Thread

angieram

Is there such a thing as a 'must win' game this early in the season? If not, this is probably as close as it gets!

Barnsley are on a run of 7 straight defeats. Are playing badly. Have a worse scoring record than us. If we lose this, it'll be the first time this season that I'll think we're in real trouble (I think we can still get out of it as it stands).

Some interesting decisions to be made by WR. Some players didn't perform in the last game. Some players (Shinnie) are suspended.

I'd go with this:

Roos
Byrne  Jagielka  Davies  Buchanan
          Knight  Morrison  Bird
      Ebosele  Kazim  Lawrence

Subs: Allsop, Forsyth, Jozwiak, Baldock, Sibley, Stearman, Watson

We're guaranteed to move off the foot of the table with a win. Surely that's all the motivation the lads need? COYR! ?

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

19 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Is there such a thing as a 'must win' game this early in the season? If not, this is probably as close as it gets!

Barnsley are on a run of 7 straight defeats. Are playing badly. Have a worse scoring record than us. If we lose this, it'll be the first time this season that I'll think we're in real trouble (I think we can still get out of it as it stands).

Some interesting decisions to be made by WR. Some players didn't perform in the last game. Some players (Shinnie) are suspended.

I'd go with this:

Roos
Byrne  Jagielka  Davies  Buchanan
          Knight  Morrison  Bird
      Ebosele  Kazim  Lawrence

Subs: Allsop, Forsyth, Jozwiak, Baldock, Sibley, Stearman, Watson

We're guaranteed to move off the foot of the table with a win. Surely that's all the motivation the lads need? COYR! ?

Team looks good but no Dylan Williams? 

I think he's an excellent prospect. 

Selection problem for Roonet if Knight is still 'ill'. 3 of our first 4 CMs out, leaving Ravel and Watson as the only real options there. JBrown could be drafted in, but he's spent the season training as a CB.

To maintain a bit of balance we must go 3/5 at the back without Knight.

Roos

Jagielka   Davies   Forsyth

Byrne   Ravel   Bird   Buchanan

Sibley   Lawrence

Kazim

Subs: Allsop, Festy, Stearman, Williams, Watson, Jozwiak, Baldock

Roos

Byrne        Jags     Davies       Buchanan

Knight    Bird

Ebosele       Ravel       Lawrence

Kazim

(Allsop, Stearman, Forsyth, Thomson, Watson, Sibley, Stretton)

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Sorry to see @Bwash_Ram bite the dust after a gritty run.

I've never started a matchday thread so thought I'd give it a go. We might win. Why not? 

Whatever ?

Seriously though  i was considering sacking myself, draws are not enough, we need to pick up some wins, we are better to win one lose one then keep drawing.

Angie. may your run be long and glorious. and COYR

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

If that stand holds 6k then why isn't pay on day an option ??

The club is waiting for confirmation from Barnsley in relation to match day sales. It also says on the ticket website that the deadline has passed for online sales but you can still purchase from the ticket office but I don’t know if the original 2,400 allocation sold out or not.

Fingers crossed for Knight, we’ve got real problems in midfield if he and Shinnie aren’t available!

Roos 

Byrne  Davies  Jags  Buchanan    

Watson  Knight  Bird

Sibley    Lawrence 

CKR 

Sadly, with a couple of injuries and a suspension, it highlights the paucity of the squad due to the embargo and everything that's gone on leading to it. Due to lack of options, we are in the position of having to select players, who based on performances so far this season contribute virtually nothing to the team and shouldn't even be on the bench let alone the starting eleven.