Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

2 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Makes sense on what you say but I was quoting somebody very close to the action. Was said only the preferred bidder knows the exact figure. By this I guess and it is a guess they might not know the tax deal numbers just that a deal has been reached. 

Well if the preferred bidder knows the exact figures, as I'd expect, then they're not basing their bid on estimates are they? I'd also be stunned if anyone progressed to preferred bidder status, especially if that includes paying a non refundable deposit, without knowing exactly what has been agreed with the creditors and in particular HMRC.

We don’t need the minutes to come out, Wazza has told everyone what’s happening on the takeover in his press conference. Three bids in and preferred bidder announced by Christmas. DET follow up with they believe one of the bids is Kirchner. 

All sounds rather encouraging if you ask me.

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

We don’t need the minutes to come out, Wazza has told everyone what’s happening on the takeover in his press conference. Three bids in and preferred bidder announced by Christmas. DET follow up with they believe one of the bids is Kirchner. 

All sounds rather encouraging if you ask me.

"Asked about the ongoing takeover at his pre-match press conference, Rooney said: "It is very encouraging. The administrators spoke to all the staff yesterday. There are three bids gone in from three separate groups. The preferred bidder should be announced by Christmas, is the message we all got told. That is very encouraging.

"Hopefully that's the case and whoever that preferred bidder is I can obviously have dialogue with and start planning and see what I can do in January."

58 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

They did say that

I second that too. They said it in response to the potential of a fire sale of players in January, which they said wouldn’t be necessary as they’re will be enough money to run the club from the sizeable deposit. (As long as it goes ahead) 

Ofcourse the new owners might sanction some big sales if they feel it is right for the club… 

I believe that Wigan went through 4 preferred bidders before finally exiting administration. The advantage we have though, is Appleby and Gadsby have both taken control of the club before, so history suggests they're not time wasters. Kirchner could be, but he's been very visible and is a prominent businessman. He's also got Cook and Rooney's agent on board, which suggests a high degree of credibility. 

I don't want to count any chickens, but things are looking a lot less bleak imo.

26 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I believe that Wigan went through 4 preferred bidders before finally exiting administration. The advantage we have though, is Appleby and Gadsby have both taken control of the club before, so history suggests they're not time wasters. Kirchner could be, but he's been very visible and is a prominent businessman. He's also got Cook and Rooney's agent on board, which suggests a high degree of credibility. 

I don't want to count any chickens, but things are looking a lot less bleak imo.

I'm assuming Wigan's administrators didn't demand a non-refundable deposit of £5M then?

I like the sound of it though - get through 15 PBs and all the Creditors get paid ?

9 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

I believe RamsTrust email is working - but I haven't received any mails today...

Why do you have to run the mins by the Administrators?   The whole point of having Fans forums is to keep the fans informed not to use the positions to glean info you do not pass on to everyone.  You wonder why people take exception to the way that Rams Trust operates and I'm afraid you are just alienating yourself from the majority of fans.

On 14/12/2021 at 14:38, i-Ram said:

@Davidas an unfortunate creditor of the club, do you have any insight on the above developments.

Have you been offered 25p in the £1? 

I am still happy to give Mel a visit if you give me the nod.

I received the initial paperwork from the administrators and haven't heard anything since.

I'm in the same situation as you all, no idea what is going on and waiting to read the minutes from the latest meeting.

Disappointing to read that we're back in the same situation where minutes need to be approved before publishing.

Having been on both sides of this now, I fully appreciate the frustration felt by all fans, those in the SCG and those outside. 

It's not a situation that the SCG should be put in.

24 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Why do you have to run the mins by the Administrators?   The whole point of having Fans forums is to keep the fans informed not to use the positions to glean info you do not pass on to everyone.  You wonder why people take exception to the way that Rams Trust operates and I'm afraid you are just alienating yourself from the majority of fans.

Having been on both sides of this, I'm sure those that attended are just as frustrated by not being given the green light up post the minutes.

RamsTrust are not the only group to attend, so to single them out as alienating themselves from the majority of fans is grossly unfair.

Why do they need to be approved? Good question, they shouldn't, but if that's what has been communicated by the club, all those attending must respect this, or be removed from future meetings.

You can't expect RamsTrust or any other group to publish the meeting minutes before they have been approved. 

59 minutes ago, David said:

I received the initial paperwork from the administrators and haven't heard anything since.

I'm in the same situation as you all, no idea what is going on and waiting to read the minutes from the latest meeting.

Disappointing to read that we're back in the same situation where minutes need to be approved before publishing.

Having been on both sides of this now, I fully appreciate the frustration felt by all fans, those in the SCG and those outside. 

It's not a situation that the SCG should be put in.

That is disappointing, as my reading of the thread was that the administrators had made an offer to the creditors and because 90% (by value of debt) of creditors had not objected, this seemed likely to go through. But if you've not heard owt, then maybe we're still some way off that point.

With negotiations with many different parties presumably at a delicate stage, I assume that the Administrators are simply being very, very careful that something isn't published that puts any of those negotiations in jeopardy. 

Fans need to recognise that transparency in commercial negotiations, with potential legal implications, isn't without risks. The level of impatience being shown by some fans on SM is bordering on the infantile. 

7 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

It could be to ensure the minutes accurately reflect what was actually said. It is standard practice for minutes to be approved before being published in most walks of life.