Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

What are the odds of both Boro and Wycombe pursuing this through the courts if we call their bluff and throw out their claims?

Whilst we are in the weaker financial position, we are in the stronger legal position. If it goes to court, the EFL will need to get on our side, they can't afford a legal precedent. 

47 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Your correct re Morris.   I still have absolutely no idea why he didn't clear liability and sell the club for a nominal fee to match the assets on the pitch, with a nominal payback of say 5 million a year for 6 years getting his final outlay back.  That could have been worth 25 million up front and 30 million over the next 6 years, or payment in full on any promotion.  

Plus they counted all Fawaz losses as profit in order to swerve FFP .. something we are not allowed to do by Efl.. because we are Derby County and everyone else is allowed to bend the rules except for us.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

What are the odds of both Boro and Wycombe pursuing this through the courts if we call their bluff and throw out their claims?

Whilst we are in the weaker financial position, we are in the stronger legal position. If it goes to court, the EFL will need to get on our side, they can't afford a legal precedent. 

Haven't we been told on here that it goes to *ARBITRATION* why are people getting worked up by 2nd rate journalists who've got nowt better to do than spew their bilge in a 3rd rate newspaper.

How on earth can the EFL even concider 2 fellow members sueing a fellow member, When one is historical and has no basis as they cocked up on their last few matches when we finished 6th, Those no marks in Wycombe who's Chairman is a Yank lawyer(Ambulance chaser)is just there to make the numbers up.

Does this go to arbitration or not?

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Just when you think you can’t despise an individual more, he raises his ducking head again.

Very good point raised in these comments .  Why not sue Bournemouth who pipped them to automatic in 2015.  Some many holes in this its laughable.

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

What a massive error of judgement by Gibson and his mate. The floodgates will open with claims and counterclaims, although the legal profession will be rubbing their hands together in anticipation. The EFL should have put their incompetent foot down already, or where will it end ?

What about the disallowed goal at Villa Park v Sheffield Utd which denied the blades a win and gave Villa the point which I think kept them up at Bournemouth’s expense ? That is also a fact not a theory.

F2F29CB1-87F8-4CD3-A45E-DCF96CFE7EBD.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

How on earth can the EFL even concider 2 fellow members sueing a fellow member, When one is historical and has no basis as they cocked up on their last few matches when we finished 6th, Those no marks in Wycombe who's Chairman is a Yank lawyer(Ambulance chaser)is just there to make the numbers up.

Does this go to arbitration or not?

Quite right. Aspalling behaviour by the pear of them. 

1 hour ago, Barrytheanon said:

Mel Morris is still pulling the strings here whether you like to believe it or not

If this is so, then the question is, whose interests has he at heart? I know all about what he has done in the past but I would love to believe that going forwards he has our interests foremost as he is a Derby fan, locally born and has invested heavily in the club in the past. I would hate to think that he sees us now simply with the cold, glinting eyes of a business man and couldn't give a poo as to our future. I wouldn't have put him down as that kind of man.

As David has said, perhaps we have to wait for the book to come out in the future in order for us to know all the minutiae involved and explain what currently seems inexplicable. But if he is still has any kind of influence I really hope that his intentions are in our best interests.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Comments on here from these weapons -one or two aside- are the reason I'm starting to detest football.  

Seemed like a few just being classic bitter fans, but there were of the reasonable fans who wanted to just move on to me?

41 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Haven't we been told on here that it goes to *ARBITRATION* why are people getting worked up by 2nd rate journalists who've got nowt better to do than spew their bilge in a 3rd rate newspaper.

How on earth can the EFL even concider 2 fellow members sueing a fellow member,

arbitration might be worse for us than a court process

Several on here have asked why the EFL doesn't stop Boro and Wycombe. No one has pointed to anything in the rules that enables them to do that. That said, I would think the EFL is putting pressure on both of them to reach a sensible compromise  

23 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

What a massive error of judgement by Gibson and his mate. The floodgates will open with claims and counterclaims, although the legal profession will be rubbing their hands together in anticipation. The EFL should have put their incompetent foot down already, or where will it end ?

What about the disallowed goal at Villa Park v Sheffield Utd which denied the blades a win and gave Villa the point which I think kept them up at Bournemouth’s expense ? That is also a fact not a theory.

F2F29CB1-87F8-4CD3-A45E-DCF96CFE7EBD.jpeg

Who would the claim be against, The Premier League, Or the Company who own the tech that's inside the ball and goalposts?

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Several on here have asked why the EFL doesn't stop Boro and Wycombe. No one has pointed to anything in the rules that enables them to do that. That said, I would think the EFL is putting pressure on both of them to reach a sensible compromise  

Exactly, we have already been stung by the EFLs kangaroo court process. 

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This was the outcome from an Independant tribunal concerning Sheff Untd and West Ham, Not saying ours is the same, But surely it's in the hands of the football authories rather than the Lawyers?

"West Ham and Sheffield United today vowed to build a "positive ongoing relationship" as they attempted to draw a line under the fractious Carlos Tevez affair with a settlement that could be worth up to £20m to the Yorkshire club.

The out of court settlement was confirmed on the day that Lord Griffiths, whose criticism of West Ham's conduct swung the pendulum in Sheffield United's favour in its fight for compensation, was due to reconvene his independent tribunal. That will now be disbanded after the clubs negotiated their own deal.

The agreement concludes a legal tussle that has been ongoing since Sheffield United were relegated in 2007 after Tevez's goals helped keep West Ham up, despite the club having earlier been fined by the Premier League for breaking rules on third-party player ownership"

28 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Who is it that's top of the EFL internal structure?

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t claim to be a proper lawyer but I think the claim is totally bogus. Problem is, as someone has pointed out, the EFl rules require it to go to arbitration not the courts. Courts give black and white judgements, arbitration is more likely to result in a compromise. 

If the EFL rules require it to go to arbitration, not the courts, then surely Middlesborough and Wycombe will have broken EFL rules and should be punished in some way?

Edited by Miggins

38 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

How can the EFL suggest there is any possible compromise? Wouldn't any such compromise theoretically set some kind of precedent, and require us to admit that we knew we were acting outwith the rules AT THE TIME, when it has been pointed out by others many times that the EFL had already signed off our accounts. It was later that they changed their minds.

So surely the EFL should be putting pressure on them both to drop the claims completely.

Sorry, how daft of me, the EFL need a backbone to do that.