Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

If Tepper wants Derby, he'll have it. He's apparently worth more than Abramovic. Of all the names bandied about, only Michael Dell could outbid him. I'd love to think there's substance to the rumours, but where he's concerned, I've only seen Twatter conjecture, nothing solid.

As for the other fella, he isn't a billionaire, nor need he be. I do wonder whether he knows some big fish are circling and is maybe trying to get out front and centre with the fans as a strategic move. He may also be fronting a consortium. FWIW, the comparisons to young Erik are pretty unfair. They are worlds apart!

Also, and in fairness to folks who have mentioned his financial wherewithal, I think it's mostly been because of the Nixon 'billionaire' reference, not out of greed, perceived necessity or any sense of entitlement. Indeed, it seems to me that the overriding sense right now is one of relief that there are folk interested at all. Many on here assumed that nobody would touch the club, so it's something positive to hold onto, for the time being at least, amid all the doom and gloom.

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Just the Tom Glick link I guess?

And the Appleby link to Glick and the fact Appleby is running an estate agency for rich men wanting to purchase football clubs.

Glick having been at Man City will know the benefit of owning numerous clubs worldwide.

It's all wishful thinking, but it could happen.

32 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

If Tepper wants Derby, he'll have it. He's apparently worth more than Abramovic. Of all the names bandied about, only Michael Dell could outbid him. I'd love to think there's substance to the rumours, but where he's concerned, I've only seen Twatter conjecture, nothing solid.

As for the other fella, he isn't a billionaire, nor need he be. I do wonder whether he knows some big fish are circling and is maybe trying to get out front and centre with the fans as a strategic move. He may also be fronting a consortium. FWIW, the comparisons to young Erik are pretty unfair. They are worlds apart!

Also, and in fairness to folks who have mentioned his financial wherewithal, I think it's mostly been because of the Nixon 'billionaire' reference, not out of greed, perceived necessity or any sense of entitlement. Indeed, it seems to me that the overriding sense right now is one of relief that there are folk interested at all. Many on here assumed that nobody would touch the club, so it's something positive to hold onto, for the time being at least, amid all the doom and gloom.

What gloom and doom. COYR

4 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I wonder if Chris Kirchner is having a sly look at the forum every now and again.  ? 

Picture the scene...

Mr Kirchner... as he will be known by then... seals the deal... calls his mates to arrange a celebratory round of golf... pitches up at the first tee on the Dubai Masters course (or whatever it's called!)... and promptly posts a pic in the "Picture your knee thread", with the caption "Guess where I am, lads"!

If that happens, I swear I'll offer to personally wipe his bottom for him every morning for the rest of my life.  What a guy!   

52 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And the Appleby link to Glick and the fact Appleby is running an estate agency for rich men wanting to purchase football clubs.

Glick having been at Man City will know the benefit of owning numerous clubs worldwide.

It's all wishful thinking, but it could happen.

Wishful thinking but no actual link, I’d love it to happen but just think it’s all just talk

Do feel a sense of unease around Kirchner. He's been very public and open, which as people have mentioned just makes him seem like a complete nutcase missing the quiet dignity that we want in an owner. Also no real expertise or prior understanding of how football clubs are run and as we know these are totally different businesses to any other.

That said, there's an air of confidence and honesty about him. Maybe he's not absolutely loaded (at least not in a billionaire sense) but he seems to have a bit of passion and care and seems like he understands what the club means to the fans. It could turn out to be a breath of fresh air.

But the funny thing in all this? No amount of public pressure or fan campaigns will stop a takeover. If someone wants to buy the club, they will buy the club. They don't even ever have to visit the ground to own the club. We have absolutely no say on this and so it's almost pointless to debate if this guy is our best hope or not.

I mean it's not pointless, because it matters so much to us. But we don't actually have it in our power to stop it happening.

We have to just trust our administrators to do the right thing. The administrators who we, the fans, had no say in appointing...

Nothing quite like being a DCFC fan to make you feel weak and powerless...

13 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I get you but do you not think that a large part of this is the fact Derby has such a huge and loyal fan base without which we wouldn't be half as marketable.  2000 or so turned up to watch a training session. I think that makes us pretty powerful.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Do feel a sense of unease around Kirchner. He's been very public and open, which as people have mentioned just makes him seem like a complete nutcase missing the quiet dignity that we want in an owner. Also no real expertise or prior understanding of how football clubs are run and as we know these are totally different businesses to any other.

That said, there's an air of confidence and honesty about him. Maybe he's not absolutely loaded (at least not in a billionaire sense) but he seems to have a bit of passion and care and seems like he understands what the club means to the fans. It could turn out to be a breath of fresh air.

But the funny thing in all this? No amount of public pressure or fan campaigns will stop a takeover. If someone wants to buy the club, they will buy the club. They don't even ever have to visit the ground to own the club. We have absolutely no say on this and so it's almost pointless to debate if this guy is our best hope or not.

I mean it's not pointless, because it matters so much to us. But we don't actually have it in our power to stop it happening.

We have to just trust our administrators to do the right thing. The administrators who we, the fans, had no say in appointing...

If that was the case is darragh macanthony a nut case as he is very vocal about posh and has owned them nearly 16 years. Unfortunately the guy will never win. He’s not vocal he doesn’t care or seem arsed he vocal and he’s a nut case and not a sensible owner. I thought after Mel went dark the last 6 months and never to be heard fans would be loving being kept up to date. I for one hope if he gets the club he carries on the tweets I love it 

38 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

If that was the case is darragh macanthony a nut case as he is very vocal about posh and has owned them nearly 16 years. Unfortunately the guy will never win. He’s not vocal he doesn’t care or seem arsed he vocal and he’s a nut case and not a sensible owner. I thought after Mel went dark the last 6 months and never to be heard fans would be loving being kept up to date. I for one hope if he gets the club he carries on the tweets I love it 

Fine, if that's what you want. I did expand on that interpretation in the second paragraph if you got that far

Just seen that he’s posted on Twitter that “nottingham forest sucks” from a question a Forest fan has goaded him into not answering.

Im sorry but this bloke has Alonso vibes all over him.

I don’t want any potential owner putting that type of content out on social media. It’s simply not professional at all.

What makes this worse, he isn’t even the owner yet. Appleby is being very professional as far as I can tell. This guy seems to be liking the attention a little too much already.