Marshall in GOAL

Ramfan1958

Marshall and his biscuit wrists made loads of mistakes last season yet now he's out of the side people forget and he's suddenly the answer? Do me a favour.

Roos is our best keeper in my view, but we should probably stick with Allsopp for now as we can't just drop a keeper every time they make a mistake, otherwise we'd be using 20+ goalkeepers a season, as would most championship teams.

11 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Allsop has been fine for us so far, coming for a cross and not getting it is a mistake, but it's hardly the biggest howler in the world.

The truth is that whether we play Marshall, Allsop or Roos, they will all make mistakes. They are Championship goalkeepers for a reason. The ones in this league who make the fewest play for England, or would cost a similar amount to our entire squad.

Knight's goal went straight through the Luton's keepers legs, that's another mistake made by a Championship keeper. But it's not picked up on as much, because it's gone in our favour.

You’re right they all have weaknesses, though possibly would think the 3 clean sheets earn a little credit for Allsop. The main factor I suspect will be down to whether Rooney thinks his confidence has took a knock.

Thought Bobby Davison made a good point on Radio Derby, he mentioned if he was Wayne, he’d speak to the 2 vastly experienced centre backs we have, just to gauge their opinion who they feel most comfortable playing behind them. Just may sway Rooney’s decision for Saturday. 

People forget the errors that Marshall made and even Dawes in commentary went back to Carson. He made ten errors (I expect better errors) leading to goals in his last season.

All of our GK’s make errors - just sadly tonight has cost us 2 Points and was a bad one.

Allsop should have cleared everything out for the second goal. His fault and he knew it. First one was just us being 3 inches shorter than them on average and not his fault.

Given his mistakes on the league cup, I think Roos comes back in.

Marshall may be the best of them, but there's clearly no way back for him for whatever reason. I'm not that certain he is all that much better than Kelle. Given a run now, Roos should be coming into his own as a Championship keeper. 

Edited by Needlesh

10 minutes ago, falconram said:

Not so long ago people didn't want Roos in goal, remember Wembley anyone and we had Carson on the bench, we've got average keepers who will constantly make mistakes. 

Reminds me of theSteve Sutton/ Martin Taylor days.  Worldie one minute, then what the hell just happened. 

Stick with Allsopp.  He’s played well in three games and kept clean sheets.  He’s made a mistake in one game and he needs his manager to show faith in him.  To drop him after one mistake in four games will only put fear into him and anyone else because the message is “one mistake and you’re out”.

And this is like someone starts a job on Monday and does really well for three days.  Then on Thursday they make one mistake and they’re told not come back on Friday!!  I think we could be a bit more tolerant.

9 hours ago, Sufferingfool said:

Allsopp has looked good since coming in. The second goal was a very good cross right in the area of uncertainty he came but it was too good and their big forward got above the defence to score. If he had stayed and they scored then he would have also been criticised. If we had scored that goal we would be praising the quality of the ball in and the finish. Hope he is still in on Saturday.

His reaction after the goal told you everything...he knows he should not have been beaten to the ball ...lets not forget when a keepers arms are full length he should get above even the tallest striker but he didn't and was an error you're implying it wasn't

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

What? You are blaming the first goal on him???

yes. ive only seen it once. but to me. a goal thats scored from a flicked on from a throw that goes across the goal mouth and is bungled in from 2 yards is either. poor positioning of defenders (goalie should be telling them where to stand/who to mark. or poor postioning by the goalie himself. either way it was a poor goal to concede defensively. but like i said i only saw it in real time so maybe im being harsh