Marshall in GOAL

Ramfan1958

10 hours ago, Sufferingfool said:

Allsopp has looked good since coming in. The second goal was a very good cross right in the area of uncertainty he came but it was too good and their big forward got above the defence to score. If he had stayed and they scored then he would have also been criticised. If we had scored that goal we would be praising the quality of the ball in and the finish. Hope he is still in on Saturday.

Any ball that goes into the box NEAR an attacking player is a good cross...nowt special about it, Allsop is the keeper it's his area, He should have got that ball all day long, Slight hesitency and he missed by inches, He knows he cocked up...as his actions when he crouched down when the ball enters the net...quite simply, HIS FAULT!

1st goal down to our defender being beaten at the near post...ball goes to the far post and scrambled in.

As for those who are screaming for either Roos or Marshall, Are they guarenteed not to make a mistake...that's a big NO!, I've said before on their day they're good keepers...but all have a mistake in them.

Keep Allsop in goal...for now.

Whilst Allsopp has exceeded expectations since he came into the team he's hardly had a lot to do except for two decent saves against Reading. He nearly cost us with his kicking at Preston and in the first half last night.

If my mum had played in goal last night we'd have won 2-1. He had 1 thing to do and fluffed his lines. Roos should come in on Saturday.

Something has clearly gone on behind the scenes with Marshall and he has made a collection of howlers anyway.

Allsopp has had a tricky ride since he's been here. Made two big howlers earlier in the season when he was given a shot, made another howler here and looked dodgy all evening tbh. He's had his moments such as against Stoke but I really don't think that makes up for his errors as of yet. Not that I really like Roos as a keeper tbh although this season he's been better than in previous years where he's not looked like a championship keeper. 

2 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Yes, you are.

The ball flicked off Shinnie's head at the front post. Perhaps we should blame the keeper for our holding midfielder being too short?

no but perhaps he could of organised his defence so a relatively small player wasnt marking someone on the front post

Edited by Ram-a-lama fa fa fa

4 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

no but perhaps he could of organised his defence so a relatively small player wasnt marking someone on the front post

You are joking? Relative height of our players and theirs meant there was a mismatch at every corner.

We're just a load of short-arses compared with most teams!

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

You are joking? Relative height of our players and theirs meant there was a mismatch at every corner.

We're just a load of short-arses compared with most teams!

I think the words you're looking for are.

We just have a lot more smaller players compared to most teams

Edited by Unlucky Alf

Of the 3, Marshall is the worst so it's no surprise he's being left out.  He's made far too many mistakes, despite quite a few on here (holding my hands up, me included) being quite pleased with his initial signing. 

So it's a flip of a coin between Roos and Allsop.  Both have shown flashes of brilliance but then both have shown flashes of utter ineptness. Make a mistake as a keeper and it's usually a goal conceded.  We spout lyrical about Davis and Jagielka (rightly so) but both have made stupid mistakes over the past couple of weeks, but have got away with it. 

I actually prefer Allsop but it's a close call.  I just have a bit more confidence about his ability to handle crosses,  yeah, yeah, last night aside.  Roos always seems to flap more.  Both are good shot stoppers, both can use the ball well.  But let's face it, I don't think we look at any of our keepers and say with confidence we've the best in the league.  I'd prefer Rodak or, dare I say Brice Samba who I rate. 

6 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Of the 3, Marshall is the worst so it's no surprise he's being left out.  He's made far too many mistakes, despite quite a few on here (holding my hands up, me included) being quite pleased with his initial signing. 

So it's a flip of a coin between Roos and Allsop.  Both have shown flashes of brilliance but then both have shown flashes of utter ineptness. Make a mistake as a keeper and it's usually a goal conceded.  We spout lyrical about Davis and Jagielka (rightly so) but both have made stupid mistakes over the past couple of weeks, but have got away with it. 

I actually prefer Allsop but it's a close call.  I just have a bit more confidence about his ability to handle crosses,  yeah, yeah, last night aside.  Roos always seems to flap more.  Both are good shot stoppers, both can use the ball well.  But let's face it, I don't think we look at any of our keepers and say with confidence we've the best in the league.  I'd prefer Rodak or, dare I say Brice Samba who I rate. 

Good post

On Brice Samba, Hughton said and did drop him towards the end of his tenure as he was costing the dogs goals, Now back as the number 1, Those who have played and watched football...being a keeper and the last line of defence is down to confidence, Have the confidence to come and collect the ball, Have the confidence in organising your defence, Knowing when or not to come for the ball, With us playing from the back there's been times when Allsops playing from the back has almost cost us, As it has with our other keepers, This is down to tactics of the Manager and his team, I swore a few times last night at the knife edge we were playing on.

I see Hamer is doing well at Swansea...strange game is football ?

I couldn't go the game last night - went to watch Cheltenham v Morecombe. The home keeper picked up the ball from a back pass (only he knows why). The resulting free kick ended up in the back of the net. Cheltenham went on to win the game 3 - 1 and nothing was mentioned about the keepers mistake. IF... Derby had won 3 - 2 would so much have been mentioned about Allsops errors? Probably not. Everyone makes mistakes......give him a break.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Good post

On Brice Samba, Hughton said and did drop him towards the end of his tenure as he was costing the dogs goals, Now back as the number 1, Those who have played and watched football...being a keeper and the last line of defence is down to confidence, Have the confidence to come and collect the ball, Have the confidence in organising your defence, Knowing when or not to come for the ball, With us playing from the back there's been times when Allsops playing from the back has almost cost us, As it has with our other keepers, This is down to tactics of the Manager and his team, I swore a few times last night at the knife edge we were playing on.

I see Hamer is doing well at Swansea...strange game is football ?

Thanks.  Yeah agree - to be fair it's not just keepers affected by loss of confidence, it's across the pitch, it's just that keepers pay far more often for their low confidence mistakes...which affects their confidence more... et al. Neither Allsop nor Roos are bad keepers, they're, well, proficient I guess.  Average Championship level maybe?  I think the likes of Samba and Rodak for example are, overall, a step up but will of course still suffer periods of poop as you rightly outlined.  You only need to look at what De Gea went through - one of the world's best keepers made mistake after mistake due to loss of form and confidence. It happens to the best.