Marshall in GOAL

Ramfan1958

From what I remember Marshall let an horrendous goal in against forest and then feigned injury in my opinion to get himself substituted and I am fairly sure that’s the way Rooney saw it as well - he will only play if the other two are unavailable but I expect him to be gone by the end of January 

21 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

i honestly don't know what all this fuss is about. We have 3 decent championship GK's at the club who all make the odd mistake. Take your pick, I don't think it really matters. 

decent? It seems to me every single game the opposition goalkeeper is better than ours. I can't remember many times recently that an opposition goalkeeper has made a mistake leading to a goal.

23 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

i honestly don't know what all this fuss is about. We have 3 decent championship GK's at the club who all make the odd mistake. Take your pick, I don't think it really matters. 

Quite right.

Knight's goal last night was due to horrible goalkeeping as well. There's probably similar threads on the Luton forum today.

It's the championship, not champion's league standard, for goodness sake.

37 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

decent? It seems to me every single game the opposition goalkeeper is better than ours. I can't remember many times recently that an opposition goalkeeper has made a mistake leading to a goal.

Yesterday v Luton,

Stoke at home their GK did what Allsop did yesterday,

v Hull away GK parried it to Baldock for the goal,

22 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not panic stations but were not in the position to be gift wrapping schoolboy goals away like that

that was simply shocking

Well, I understand your concerns, and I kinda think goal keepers can’t win.  They have a good run of form and “some” won’t appreciate it, our attacking players have been abysmal regards goals scored, but “some” think they'll come good.

So last night we clicked going forward better, but the defence was shocking, not just the goalie.

“Some” who wanted Roos out the club now want him back in the team.  There’s no way Marshall will start again.

Change the school boy defence and attackers when they have bad games too, if you swap keepers every time they make a mistake.

If the attackers were taking their opportunities the pressure wouldn't be on the defence so much to keep a clean sheet.

Matches are usually decided by goals either caused by good play or a mistake or both (or referees!) That is the nature of the game, teams and individuals play better or worse than the others on the night. It was fairly even between Derby and Luton and two goals came from goalkeeping errors stemming from some good play. The build up to Knights goal was great and the cross to an unmarked Luton forward was excellent and put Allsopp in the corridor of uncertainty. That’s football folks what we need to be doing is continuing the fantastic support of a limited squad which is frankly working miracles to be performing as a solid mid table outfit.

I doubt we will see Marshall return.

UTR

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well, I understand your concerns, and I kinda think goal keepers can’t win.  They have a good run of form and “some” won’t appreciate it, our attacking players have been abysmal regards goals scored, but “some” think they'll come good.

So last night we clicked going forward better, but the defence was shocking, not just the goalie.

“Some” who wanted Roos out the club now want him back in the team.  There’s no way Marshall will start again.

Change the school boy defence and attackers when they have bad games too, if you swap keepers every time they make a mistake.

If the attackers were taking their opportunities the pressure wouldn't be on the defence so much to keep a clean sheet.

Oh i agree completely

as a defender / defensive midfielder myself i would always get so annoyed that the 100 missed chances and cheap turnover in possession by forwards was always forgotten about and people would remember the one defensive slip 

10 hours ago, Mcv said:

I know allsop was at fault but no more than Lawrence with the cross for ckr about 5 minutes earlier 

it’s always the keepers that get the blame 

What kind of crazy mental arithmetic have you done to get to this answer?

In a game where they went near our net twice all damn game, Allsop has tried his absolute damnedest to concede 3 goals some how. It's almost impressive how pathetic he was.

On 19/10/2021 at 21:49, Ramfan1958 said:

Get the best keeper in the team   Saturday .

MARSHALL 

All three keepers have weaknesses and if Marshall was the best choice Rooney would pick him. For various reasons I don’t think he is best and makes as many mistakes as the other two.

Roos should be back I think.