Who would you like as new DCFC owner?

therealhantsram

Who would you like as new DCFC owner?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If there is such a thing as divine intervention..... Newcastle will fail miserably 

That's nothing to do with my like / dislike of Newcastle Utd, just an observation on how these filthy rich new owners, connected to a regime with a disgraceful record on human rights, have passed a fit and proper persons test. Just my opinion by the way. 

23 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Perhaps this link with Andy Appleby has legs. Appleby, Moxey, Rush plus A.N. Other with the latter an as yet unknown financial backer reputed to be of significant means. Silver linings?

If this is true, I'd very much welcome the idea. People that know the club very well, what it means to the supporters and who'll hit the ground running.

Would we be able to land Jeff Bezos space ship on pitch 4 at Moor Farm though?????

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Oh, oh, oh, I do hope Sam Rush is involved. It would be great to have a couple more years of Sam is great, Sam you are the man, Sam gets his man, etc. type of quotes. I really have missed his fan club posting on here.

Come on Sam. Parking space at PP available.

parking reverse GIF

Is this the same Sam that some were accusing of being one of the biggest causes of our financial woes, after we paid wildly over-the-odds for multiple players who were all coincidentally Wasserman clients? 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is this the same Sam that some were accusing of being one of the biggest causes of our financial woes, after we paid wildly over-the-odds for multiple players who were all coincidentally Wasserman clients? 

Perhaps. A little bit more might jog the old memory.

Ok ...I.ve never been one to say I'm ITK as I'm not but a good friend of mine was out with someone this weekend who is heavily involved as part of admin team and because my mate knows I'm a Ram got some interesting bits of info after a few beers apparently.

Not loads of info and maybe some is known or old news  but thought I'd share anyway

The debt is 105m and there are at least 6 parties very interested in taking over and looks promising ...

Mike Ashley is 100 per cent one of those interested parties what i did find hard to believe was he said that 30m was owed to large chains of hotels for accomodation / hospitality /  away trips etc which seems excessive but says has built up over many years .....also said the club has been run very poorly but think we already know that

23 minutes ago, S8TY said:

what i did find hard to believe was he said that 30m was owed to large chains of hotels for accomodation / hospitality /  away trips etc which seems excessive but says has built up over many years 

There was a suggestion a few months back that Rooney was picking up the tab for overnight stays at £3,500 a pop. If that's the 'rate' it would take 350 years to build up a £30m debt.

Perhaps whoever has arranged our accommodation for all these years has got Hotels and Brothels mixed up on his phone?

25 players, 8 hour stays, £300 an hour for the ladies = £60,000 a night (or higher if he's mistakenly ordered double rooms, thinking it meant the number of beds).

23 away trips a season =  £1,380,000 minimum spend on 'hotels' per season.

Soon adds up.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

The Appleby, Rush and Moxey thing has been rumbling on for a while now. You only need to read the General World Sports website to see their aim at some point is to either facilitate the takeover of a club, or do that themselves.

The one name that keeps cropping up as the money man is David Tepper. Owner of Charlotte FC and Carolina Panthers, worth 15 billion dollars and his current CEO is Tom Glick.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

David Tepper.

https://pe-insights.com/news/2021/07/14/david-teppers-next-play-private-equity-with-a-side-of-sports/ 

An interesting article about Andalusian Private Capital, Tepper's private equity firm.

" A person familiar with the firm’s plans said Andalusian’s equity investment would range from $100m to $500m. In addition to investments in the sports industry — along with technology and media companies — the firm has an affiliate called Andalusian Sports Partners, according to the filing. The company will provide sports-related advisory services and management services to “certain sports-focused investment funds”. "

Hmmmmm.

Edited by Jubbs